Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brexit Referendum Superthread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

radharc wrote: »
    Betfair is by far the best indicator of the likely result, 'Remain' has drifted from a 94% chance to a 66% shot since polling closed.

The votes are the indication of the result not a bookie.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Part of me wants Brexit to win narrowly just to see what the reaction will be in Scotland, assuming the Scots vote remain.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Warwich 70/30, Nuneaton 80/20.

It's looking like England will vote Leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

US futures for the stock market are down right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭radharc

prinzeugen wrote: »
    The votes are the indication of the result not a bookie.

What are you on about? The votes are the result. And Betfair is not a bookie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭embraer170

The Leave continues to look far stronger than expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,178 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Real winners are people like Michael o Leary tonight. Say he getting some pounds bought just around now

Betfair has just went mental again. Now Leave is 4/6. We are now getting into sh1t your pants territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Lemming wrote: »
    Calm the horses folks; of all the areas declared thus far, only one out of the five declared has been a Leave majority - Sunderland just happened to be a larger margin at this early stage.

Yeah it's crazily early. But a lot of indications are pointing at leave. I would have bet the house on remain. But this is the day of reckoning and the numbers are starting to tell their story

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

There's going to be a North/South divide. It's good to see that the Geordies have given a ringing rejection of the EU but anywhere south of Watford will overwhelmingly vote to remain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Anyone who went to bed early would have went in the belief that it is going to be remain, now no one knows.

Foyle 78/22 Remain - expected, but what worries me is the turnout of just 57%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Sand wrote: »
    I'm not too worried about it, but I imagine if the Remain campaign dont start posting some serious wins soon, the leaders of the Leave campaign will start bricking it as they realise they will actually have to enact their foolishness.

I saw the Tory Leave MPs signed a petition asking David Cameron to remain on no matter what the result. A certain amount of CYA and trying to bring themselves back into favour, but I cant see Cameron staying on if Leave wins. He would be on the wrong side of a historic issue, and why would he want to have his name attached to the 7 ring circus a Leave vote would result in? He will quit and leave Gove, Johnson and Farage to clean up their own mess - god help the UK then.

You seem to be blaming Johnson and Farage for the people voting to Leave as if half the population is stupid.

I think its quite brave for the UK to hold this referendum V The EU.

I think if you gave All EU citizens a vote on the same day to keep the EU or Disband I think you would be very surprized at the result.

People think the UK are mad to leave because they are the only ones having a referendum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭embraer170

Some very early suggestions that some London boroughs are up to 80% Remain.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Foyle in NI has declared: 78.3 % remain to 21.7% leave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

This is not good at this point, very concerning.

embraer170 wrote: »
    Some very early suggestions that some London boroughs are up to 80% Remain.
    The problem is that where the Remain vote is strong, the turnout is lower.

Wales could be an interesting bellwether. If they vote to leave then it's not going to look good for the Remain lot.

The problem is that where the Remain vote is strong, the turnout is lower.

The torrential rain today in London won't have helped at all

Betfair has just went mental again. Now Leave is 4/6. We are now getting into sh1t your pants territory.

13/8 with Boyle now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    You seem to be blaming Johnson and Farage for the people voting to Leave as if half the population is stupid.

I think its quite brave for the UK to hold this referendum V The EU.

I think they're very brave too. If they vote leave, I think I'll watch how it all turns out for them from a long distance away.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Maryanne40

Interesting (and worrying) point made there on Sky about turnout....someone here mentioned that earlier....

Well done Swindon!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Maryanne40

Well done Swindon!

Do you want them to go Harry????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Swindon was expected to back Brexit by 15 points so 54 46 there is quite a positive result for remain

Maryanne40 wrote: »
    Do you want them to go Harry????

I do. I have no time for the EU after the way they treated us following the economic crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭cristoir

Swindon was supposed to vote for leave by far more than Sunderland. It has put a big question mark over BBC's model.

Ok. I'll give it another half hour before I go to bed...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Glasgiow 56.2% turnout is a very bad indicator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Swindon was expected to go further with leave, Broxbourne pretty much where they were expected to be.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement