Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brexit Referendum Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Prediction - I think Corbyn will be gone within months, maybe weeks. The Labour vote has been pathetic, their traditional vote clearly want action on immigration and Jeremy isn't that man to do that.

Leave is now 2/5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭Thud

300k lead now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Leave is definitely starting to pull away here.

That's what I'm understanding from the pollsters on the bbc and the index they show. They know what a 50/50 vote looks like and the pattern is falling consistently on the leave side of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

The GBP/USD about to drop below 1.40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Leave is definitely starting to pull away here.

1/3 with Ladbrokes right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

You can fool some people sometime but you can't fool all the people all the time!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Clampdown

wow this is unbelievable. thought Remain was a dead cert. should have back Brexit at 3-1, 4-1 during the week. it's 2/5ish now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Only 65% turnout in Scotland. Perhaps voter apathy after the high engagement for their own referendum.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Sterling really crashing now. Increasingly looks like a BREXIT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

whatever_ wrote: »
    Lol ! Incredibly patronising - if you disagree with people, just call them fools !

MR.-T-Shut-Up-Fool-Picture.png

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

All this because David Cameron was worried about UKIP.
    It could really backfire, which he didn't expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭whatever_

James74 wrote: »
    The GBP/USD about to drop below 1.40
    Good, it's been far too high for too long. Much better for jobs and exports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Hi ho Wolverhampton!! _
    WOLVERHAMPTON:
    Remain: 37.4pc
    Leave: 62.6pc:)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Prediction - I think Corbyn will be gone within months, maybe weeks. The Labour vote has been pathetic, their traditional vote clearly want action on immigration and Jeremy isn't that man to do that.

That would rip the party apart and further weaken them in Scotland (but I also wouldn't bet on Corbyn being the leader at the next general election)

This is serious for Scots. They're potentially being taken out of the EU against their will by provincial England, will be putting up with a gloating Nigel Farage, and are facing the prospect of Boris Johnson as the next prime minister, and probably Tory rule for at least another decade.

I can't see them staying in the UK if there is an independence referendum number 2 on the cards.

If the UK leave, they'll almost certainly be able to negotiate terms as associate members just like Norway. Nevermind what the EU bullies said beforehand.

whatever_ wrote: »
    Good, it's been far too high for too long. Much better for jobs and exports.

Itll make uk imports cheaper from uk but exports dearer for them to buy so not good for jobs/exports here

Looking at the BBC swingo-thing - it looks very bad for Remain.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭smjm

RobertKK wrote: »
    All this because David Cameron was worried about UKIP.
    It could really backfire, which he didn't expect.

I think Cameron's going to have to resign, no matter what the final result!

smjm wrote: »
    I think Cameron's going to have to resign, no matter what the final result!
    Yep, Osborne has pretty much put his job on the line here.

• Advertisement

That would rip the party apart and further weaken them in Scotland (but I also wouldn't bet on Corbyn being the leader at the next general election)

This is serious for Scots. They're potentially being taken out of the EU against their will by provincial England, will be putting up with a gloating Nigel Farage, and are facing the prospect of Boris Johnson as the next prime minister, and probably Tory rule for at least another decade.

I can't see them staying in the UK if there is an independence referendum number 2 on the cards.

They had a golden opportunity to leave the UK and they blew it. Just like we had a golden opportunity to get rid of the Seanad and we blew it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

If the UK leave, they'll almost certainly be able to negotiate terms as associate members just like Norway. Nevermind what the EU bullies said beforehand.

To do that theyll have to pay into the EU and allow freedom of movement like Norway & co. all the while not having a seat at the negotiating table when the rules are written.

Not exactly the control and savings the brexit campaign promised.

Also Norway has oil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Edinburgh making a difference! Great margin for stay.

Scotland has been quicker counting and almost all in, that'll slow down the remain momentum further

Just about all the Scottish Remain vote now accounted for. It's all down to London and Birmingham to rescue this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

Clampdown wrote: »
    wow this is unbelievable. thought Remain was a dead cert. should have back Brexit at 3-1, 4-1 during the week. it's 2/5ish now.

Hindsight bets. One of my great strong points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Why would the EU do that? And Norway has free movement of people, something the UK had an issue with....

The EU will not give favourable deals to the UK, it wouldn't be advantageous to do so, it would weaken the Union.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Results showing huge regional divides on this issue.

I wonder what the result will have on Northern Ireland's and Scotland's position in the UK.

I had €20 on a Brexit at 7/2.

I would glad trade that in for a Remain :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Leave had a lead of 350k at one point but remain is starting to close the gap now its back down to 240k.

Edit: nvm leave just spiked to 440k on bbc! XD

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement