Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brexit Referendum Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Ah i see,so there was no terrorist before isis,is that what your saying.
    And there was no dictators running their country either before isis?
    There was no refugees before isis?there was no islamist before isis?
    Please tell me something i dont know

You are so uninformed you aren't worth engaging with, good luck.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

Inquitus wrote: »
    You are so uninformed you aren't worth engaging with, good luck.....

Hope we live on the same planet,you need to get out of the country more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

I didn't like the result. I am a graduate and I demand that the game be played again.
    They could play it 100 times more and you'd still get the same result. :pac:

Not sure about Brexit though. I still think rock, paper, scissors would have been more definitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Norway pays same as UK in EEC,cause they can affford it,so can UK.
    Benefiits Norway dont need,neither does Uk
    Free movement of people you will have no matter what,accept that Norway is gone stricter on immigration and foreign workers now,cause they can.,and so can UK now,without EU.
    Norway have a saying in their own country,what.more do you need.

Doesn't Norway's wealth largely come from their Natural Resources helping a small population.

I would have thought the UKs wealth comes from London's Financial District.

If Londons FD loses its "Passport" to trade within the EU, How are they going to to finance, England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland?

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Doesn't Norway's wealth largely come from their Natural Resources helping a small population.

I would have thought the UKs wealth comes from London's Financial District.

If Londons FD loses its "Passport" to trade within the EU, How are they going to to finance, England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland?

By getting the same agreement as Norway or Switzerland,or maybe a better one,thats whats on the agenda isnt it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

and putting that natural resource to good use like a rainy day fund. What has the UK done with all that black stuff off the Scottish coast?.... 'investing' it in weapons of mass destruction and numerous wars across the globe

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭smjm

I didn't like the result. I am a graduate and I demand that the game be played again.
    Surely only graduates should have been on the pitch anyway. Did anybody check the qualifications of today's team? It's ridiculous to let such an important game be played by players who may not have understood the consequences of losing! :D

By getting the same agreement as Norway or Switzerland,or maybe a better one,thats whats on the agenda isnt it?
    They will have to pay for that agreement in both financial terms and political ones. The same as Norway. How do you think all those Poles got into Norway in the first place?

They will have to pay for that agreement in both financial terms and political ones. The same as Norway. How do you think all those Poles got into Norway in the first place?

Yes they have to pay same as Norway,as they do now.whats the difference.
    The difference is they more saying in theirr own country.remember the finance crisis.
    EU controlled banks and finance institutions,not anymore.
    Ireland is depending on EU,UK isnt.
    The poles are in Norway same as they are in Ireland and UK,because of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭embraer170

Thats not what i asked you,why have this any meaning at all to brexit what poles Norway have?
    besides Norway had 120000 poles in Norway in 2006 and now its 97500,get over it,and the most unemployed immigrant group in Norway is now poles.

And more absolute lies.

There were 11,000 Polish in Norway in 2006.

https://www.ssb.no/en/befolkning/statistikker/innvbef/aar/2006-05-11

And why does it matter?
    Because parts of the Leave campaign repeatedly used Norway as a model. Bearing in mind that the Leave campaign also promised to cut immigration...

• Advertisement

Definitely getting a great agreement there... pay just as much as today, get none of the benefits, accept the big bad immigrants :rolleyes:, and have no say in the decision making.

embraer170 wrote: »
    And more absolute lies.

There were 11,000 Polish in Norway in 2006.

https://www.ssb.no/en/befolkning/statistikker/innvbef/aar/2006-05-11

And why does it matter?
    Because parts of the Leave campaign repeatedly used Norway as a model. Bearing in mind that the Leave campaign also promised to cut immigration...

Lies,lol.hope you know Norwegian,i do.
    http://www.aftenposten.no/norge/--120000-polakker-i-Norge-399338b.html

Definitely getting a great agreement there... pay just as much as today, get none of the benefits, accept the big bad immigrants :rolleyes:, and have no say in the decision making.

They have a saying in their own country,oil and gas,finances and immigration,what more do you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

But is that going to solve any of the long term problems. The youth unemployment and the decline of previous prosperous regions.
    We have had 10 years of this now in Europe and the problems only seem to be getting worse.

Yet we still have huge companies paying basically zero tax and people say let's carry on regardless.

I guess if you work with the tech companies that aren't paying their way you might want to close your eyes, hum to yourself and hope the problems go away.

Huge bank debts have been put on the ordinary person to pay back.

I just can't see how it can last.
    And yet some people don't want individual voters to have a say in their own futures.
    Perhaps those clueless voters have had enough and want change.

But then the EU can't run Spain or Italy's economy for them and dictate policy about youth unemployment, even in the bailout the Troika could only monitor progress and not much else.

Tax, Ireland especially will fight against any force from the EU there.

Banking they are only getting the powers they need now, a few years after the crash.

The problem is people only look to the EU when stuff goes wrong and it is only in the last few years with the banks and refugee crisis that things got really bad, something the politicians never planned or legislated for.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Mr. Farage

smjm wrote: »
    Surely only graduates should have been on the pitch anyway. Did anybody check the qualifications of today's team? It's ridiculous to let such an important game be played by players who may not have understood the consequences of losing! :D

I heard one of the players in the French team grew up in a working class estate. Surely that's reason enough to replay it?

But Norway are an output Country. They have spare wealth from within to invest elsewhere

Anything that is comes from the UK can be duplicated in any country around the world cheaper.

What the UK does have in the FD in London.

The Have the FD because Global banks have used and English Speaking country which had the infrastructure and Passport to trade within the EU.

Without this passport. How does London pay for the UK.?

Norway and Switzerland can offer to the EU more then the UK can offer the EU.

Norway and Switzerland dont care how the EU is run once they can trade.

The UK hate how the EU is run and have nothing to offer that cant be duplicated

That is an article from 2011! Secondly, the article itself is based on talk and assumptions, not hard facts...

A few posts up you said with certainty "Norway had 120000 poles in Norway in 2006". The official statistics office states there were 11,000.

Do you actually have any source for the 120,000 or anything to show decreasing numbers?

Well if the UK leaves the EU is probably finished. That means the euro is finished and all those Irish, Spanish, Greek and Italian debts won't be paid back in euros but in their new local currency.

So it has consequences.

Why should a person who was 12 in 2007 now face into their working life 10 years later with huge debts to be paid off before they start off their working lives.
    And sorry you can't hope to have guaranteed hours nor can you hope to own your home. Now suck it up and keep us in our nice pensions.

The unfairness of it all will eventually bring the system now.

Britain leaving doesn't end the EU, otherwise they wouldn't have started the whole bloody thing without them.

All that shows is the usual delusions of grandeur by Britain.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

But Norway are an output Country. They have spare wealth from within to invest elsewhere

Anything that is comes from the UK can be duplicated in any country around the world cheaper.

What the UK does have in the FD in London.

The Have the FD because Global banks have used and English Speaking country which had the infrastructure and Passport to trade within the EU.

Without this passport. How does London pay for the UK.?

Norway and Switzerland can offer to the EU more then the UK can offer the EU.

Norway and Switzerland dont care how the EU is run once they can trade.

The UK hate how the EU is run and have nothing to offer that cant be duplicated

I think UK will do just fine in control of their own finances,oil and gas and immigration.
    Thats why you have brexit.
    UK isnt even in the Schengen agreement.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I think UK will do just fine in control of their own finances,oil and gas and immigration.
    You mean in control of the same things they already had in EU? Because the vote has not changed the control in any way except possibly immigration for EU members state and that's more likely removed will hit UK far harder than EU (see London).
    No we have brexit because people thought it would stop people coming in to the UK esp. those foreigners from Poland and other EU member states; there has been over 100 reported incidents of racial attacks in the days of the vote inc. people handing out "Poles go home" notes at schools and physical attacks. Now any deal is likely to include the free movement of people so how do you think these brexiters take such a deal...

• Advertisement

That is an article from 2011! Secondly, the article itself is based on talk and assumptions, not hard facts...

A few posts up you said with certainty "Norway had 120000 poles in Norway in 2006". The official statistics office states there were 11,000.

assumtions?i dont think one of norways biggest newspapers with use numbers out of assumptions,but for facts.
    Let me ask you one more time,and please answer me,what have poles in Norway got to do with Brexit and UK?

Thats not what i asked you,why have this any meaning at all to brexit what poles Norway have?
    besides Norway had 120000 poles in Norway in 2006 and now its 97500,get over it,and the most unemployed immigrant group in Norway is now poles.

Sorry, you'll have to produce statistics to back up your numbers, it's only fair when replying to somebody who has provided research to contradict your figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭smjm

Interesting short article in a student newspaper: 'How should we talk about Brexit?' http://www.studentnewspaper.org/how-should-we-talk-about-brexit/

Worth a quick read IMO. :)

UK isnt even in the Schengen agreement.

Isnt this exactly what London told Scotland wouldnt support 5.2 million people in the independence referendum?

Do you think now it will support 65million?

Yes they have to pay same as Norway,as they do now.whats the difference.
    The difference is they more saying in theirr own country.remember the finance crisis.
    EU controlled banks and finance institutions,not anymore.
    Ireland is depending on EU,UK isnt.
    The poles are in Norway same as they are in Ireland and UK,because of work.
    Yes. And who actually gains more sovereignty? The Tory government or the people who elected them?

Nobody looking over their shoulders with pesky watchdogs in the ECB to keep them on the straight and narrow. The last financial crisis came about because of 'light touch' regulation. Suddenly there's a lot more oversight and the UK want out?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Let me ask you one more time,and please answer me,what have poles in Norway got to do with Brexit and UK?
    Immigration was the number one issue for Brexit voters and was the most common argument used by Brexit to motivate why people should leave from stating Turkey would join EU and have a border to Syria (wtf?!) to pictures such as this:
    UKIP-Leave-Project-Fear-800x450.jpg

Poles as the largest eastern European group is the summary of immigration policy going wrong for many people in the UK and as the largest group is the most often quoted population. As Norway was the example held up by Brexit it's relevant hence for the discussion accordingly.

Nody wrote: »
    You mean in control of the same things they already had in EU? Because the vote has not changed the control in any way except possibly immigration for EU members state and that's more likely removed will hit UK far harder than EU (see London).

No we have brexit because people thought it would stop people coming in to the UK esp. those foreigners from Poland and other EU member states; there has been over 100 reported incidents of racial attacks in the days of the vote inc. people handing out "Poles go home" notes at schools and physical attacks. Now any deal is likely to include the free movement of people so how do you think these brexiters take such a deal...

So the finance crisis wasnt because of Brussels control over banks and finance institutions?
    Why did EU tell Norway if you want to be a memebr we want control over yiur oil,gas and fisheries?
    And since poles are the biggest group of workes across EU,offcourse you will see people reacting,cause their cheaper labour.

This is what you wrote in Reply #2496:
    What they didnt tell you is that Norway was to become a member of the EU,papers was actually nearly signed,but some German chancellor decided that if Norway was to become a member,EU wanted full control of Norways oil and gas and fisheries,thats why Norway voted no,and went for EEC instead,cause they didnt have choice.
    Yes the price was high,but atleast Norway have control over their oil and gas and their fisheries..

And yes there was a lot of polish in Norway,but more and more are going back,cause many dont get the benfits and work they used to get anymore,cause Norway have a new goverment with stricter rules for immigrants and foreign workers.

As for the relevance. If parts of the Leave campaign use Norway as a model, isn't it fair enough to see how it matches up against what the Leave campaign promises (cut immigration....).

K-9 wrote: »
    Sorry, you'll have to produce statistics to back up your numbers, it's only fair when replying to somebody who has provided research to contradict your figures.

Didn't see the newspaper article so that's okay.

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    Immigration was the number one issue for Brexit voters and was the most common argument used by Brexit to motivate why people should leave from stating Turkey would join EU and have a border to Syria (wtf?!) to pictures such as this:
    UKIP-Leave-Project-Fear-800x450.jpg

Poles as the largest eastern European group is the summary of immigration policy going wrong for many people in the UK and as the largest group is the most often quoted population. As Norway was the example held up by Brexit it's relevant hence for the discussion accordingly.

So People from Ireland,Pakistan,United states and Germany dont work in UK.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign-born_population_of_the_United_Kingdom

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement