Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

My cousin and her friend, both girls, got tickets for this. They are in 5th year would it be safe for them I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

CWF wrote: »
    My cousin and her friend, both girls, got tickets for this. They are in 5th year would it be safe for them I wonder?

safe sure, there not going to be stabbed or mugged if that's what you mean.

There safety will probably depend on their own common sense tbh. If this is there very first taste of freedom then i would perhaps be a bit apprehensive.

If ye could have a talk with her with out it sounding like a lecture about common sense and safe practices with drug use that would provably be helpful.

Thanks for your help, I will do that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 demz101

Still havent got my ticket for this. Would anyone know if its going to sell out?? Or if it has sold out other years??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Life has sold out two or three times during its lifetime, I think the first one sold out but it was considerably smaller capacity, the next time it sold out was 2009 or 2010 I can't remember if it was at Ballinlough Castle in 2009 before Body & Soul moved in the following year or at their current plot in Belvedere, Mullingar in 2010. It sold out a third time in 2013. The last two years have not been as successful but not a failure by any means either. I'm just finding the line up this year a bit samey and boring really, some great acts but I've seen them loads of times before, so will give it a miss this year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Connacht12

What's the security like its my first time going should I worry about being caught sneaking things in and also where's the best site to camp

Where are the Squarepushers and Four Tets equivalents of this years line up, there is nothing of serious note to this years calibre, it seems as though the line up has regressed rather than to have progressed. Anyway giving this a miss this year but I hope you get decent enough weather this year for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

Just took the plunge and got a ticket, this will be my 3rd life in row, was on the fence about this year but screw it lets be having ya. I just hope the weather is better this time around. it mostly pissed the last two years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 demz101

Very excited for my first time at life!! Can anyone tell me whats the security checks like, are you allowed to bring cans and do they search all your bags etc.

Friday wil be dry and cloudy, 50 percent chance of rain on Saturday with scattered clouds. Sunday looks to be a bit better with no rain. So all in all it should be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭claregal1

demz101 wrote: »
    Very excited for my first time at life!! Can anyone tell me whats the security checks like, are you allowed to bring cans and do they search all your bags etc.

A good few years since I last went 2010 I think - you can bring cans but no glass bottles so any spirits just put in a plastic bottle- never had an problem with security thought they were sound to be honest . Enjoy its a great weekend :)

3 days to go!!! .... So who's everyone looking forward to?

I recommend checking out New Jackson if ya haven't herd of him, for those of you familiar with David Kitt its his latest project.

Looking forward to some serious Techno from Blawan

Ridiculously excited for paul K

Bicep another one that will be serious

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

mSJRCug.jpg

I would have said Joy Orbison becasue I saw him do the rave in the woods at EP a few years ago, I think he was the final act one of the nights at it was heavy stuff, great set. But at 7.30 I'm not sure how hard hitting it'd be, but worth a look for sure.

I didn't think you could buy day tickets?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

2manyDJs playing at 4 o'clock in the day on Sunday. What's that all about?

2manyDJs playing at 4 o'clock in the day on Sunday. What's that all about?

Yeah that seems a bit dumb in the broad daylight, they usually close stages, it must be a mix up its got to be 4am surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Doubt it's a mix up, the main stage wouldn't go on that late and on the Sunday all music stops at 12 from what I can remember. The initial announcement from Life was pretty strong but they haven't really added anything great since. Red Bull must have decided to drop their stage from the festival altogether which is a shame as they used to attract some great acts.

Doubt it's a mix up, the main stage wouldn't go on that late and on the Sunday all music stops at 12 from what I can remember. The initial announcement from Life was pretty strong but they haven't really added anything great since. Red Bull must have decided to drop their stage from the festival altogether which is a shame as they used to attract some great acts.

It was open far later last year music went on to about 6 am on Saturday morning I'm sure the District 8 went on till then anyway, main stage finished at 3 am last year on Friday night and Saturday. Most stages closed down at 12 on Sunday but some stages did actually play on till about 3 am, maybe District 8 again but also the Sim Simma area went on late too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Fulltimer

Is there an ATM onsite or will I be duct taping my wallet to my leg all weekend?

Fulltimer wrote: »
    Is there an ATM onsite or will I be duct taping my wallet to my leg all weekend?

I don't think there is an atm but most places there done cash back with your bank card.

As far as I can recall there hasn't been an ATM on site last few years but at least one of the bars always did cash back.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Dyaso

bacardi bar had cash back last few years but last year, the machine broke on sunday leaving everyone in a bit of a panic.

• Advertisement

It was open far later last year music went on to about 6 am on Saturday morning I'm sure the District 8 went on till then anyway, main stage finished at 3 am last year on Friday night and Saturday. Most stages closed down at 12 on Sunday but some stages did actually play on till about 3 am, maybe District 8 again but also the Sim Simma area went on late too.

Just to add to my own quote there are two stages more or less running till 6 am in the morning the Loose Stage and Party in the Woods stage which I assume was formally Sim Simma from last year.

http://www.life-festival.com/LifeX1_TT.pdf

Edit: Got that wrong Sunday closes early by the look of it.

Advertisement