Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Fulltimer

Dyaso wrote: »
    bacardi bar had cash back last few years but last year, the machine broke on sunday leaving everyone in a bit of a panic.

Cheers, Safe to just bring 500 and leave it in the locker and walk in and out as I please?

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Fulltimer wrote: »
    Cheers, Safe to just bring 500 and leave it in the locker and walk in and out as I please?

Jesus you'll be living like a king for the weekend, i normally survive at festivals and have a great time for 200 - 250 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

Recommendations for Friday night?

Techno / harder hitting?

Check Maeabh o Connor 11 at loose.

I'd imagine the reason 2manyDJs are on at 4 in the afternoon is that they may have a gig later on that night,happened in previous years big names on early.

Good riddance to the Red bull stage never liked the look of the place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

I've left it to the last minute to decide to go and just wondering what's needed for the weekend I've never been at a festival before.

Do I need wellies or will 1 or 2 old pair of runners suffice?
    What's the dress code tracksuits or jeans and a t shirt I imagine?
    What kind of money is needed for weekend?
    Your allowed 24 cans and 2 litres of spirits in plastic bottle is it?
    Sorry for noon questions.
    Thanks

I've left it to the last minute to decide to go and just wondering what's needed for the weekend I've never been at a festival before.

Do I need wellies or will 1 or 2 old pair of runners suffice?
    What's the dress code tracksuits or jeans and a t shirt I imagine?
    What kind of money is needed for weekend?
    Your allowed 24 cans and 2 litres of spirits in plastic bottle is it?
    Sorry for noon questions.
    Thanks

Your gas 12gauge.
    If you have any decent hiking shoes or boots they'd be a better option than runners IMO

Festival dress code non existant!!! Whatever you feel comfortable in or think you can get away with but bring some warm clothes for night time drinking and morning rambles and maybe a waterproof jacket by the looks of it

You'll need euros €€€€ and lots of them
    I kid, I'd set a budget of around 10 a day for food, pints are probably 5+ so depending on your intake which you should well know yourself by now,so do some math,add on extra for smokes and the likes if thats a factor
    also do ya need to get a bus or taxi home most important come Monday nothing worse than being stuck in a field hungover and broke,shook like babys rattle....

Not sure about the drink limit,think its one or the other but not both.

Enjoy

• Advertisement

milehip wrote: »
    Your gas 12gauge.
    If you have any decent hiking shoes or boots they'd be a better option than runners IMO

Festival dress code non existant!!! Whatever you feel comfortable in or think you can get away with but bring some warm clothes for night time drinking and morning rambles and maybe a waterproof jacket by the looks of it

You'll need euros €€€€ and lots of them
    I kid, I'd set a budget of around 10 a day for food, pints are probably 5+ so depending on your intake which you should well know yourself by now,so do some math,add on extra for smokes and the likes if thats a factor
    also do ya need to get a bus or taxi home most important come Monday nothing worse than being stuck in a field hungover and broke,shook like babys rattle....

Not sure about the drink limit,think its one or the other but not both.

Enjoy

Thanks for reply your a lifesaver. I've a busy day tomorrow printing tickets buying a tent packing bags etc. Last minute Larry.ie

Thanks for reply your a lifesaver. I've a busy day tomorrow printing tickets buying a tent packing bags etc. Last minute Larry.ie

No bother,forgot to mention socks you can never have too many at a festival, I sold a pair for a fiver there last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

milehip wrote: »
    No bother,forgot to mention socks you can never have too many at a festival, I sold a pair for a fiver there last year.

Your festival karma would have been replenished by at least a tenner had you given them away :)

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Your festival karma would have been replenished by at least a tenner had you given them away :)

I would have but they insisted and I did help them take their wellies off😇

• Registered Users Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Kinda wish I was there now the weather is lovely today, the first time in five years I've given this a miss, but I've got too much on in the following weekends so probably just as well I'm not there.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

If the weather is anything like it's in Dublin today it would have been lethal at Life today, ye bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

gave it a miss this year too and was crying like a babby yesterday, the amount of snapchats and lil videos i was sent it looked amazing. i should have been down paddling in the lake with my old friend rubber ducky...ah well il get going next year, who oh why did half my friends decide to get married this year

Well what was the verdict folks, give us your humorous reviews. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

I spent the full weekend at the festival. my third life and i have to say probably my best.

the weather being absolutely cracking all weekend certainly helped, everyone was in great form especially on the Sunday.

Line up was savage this year, personally i think the d8 stage stole the show for most of the weekend. So many savage acts there, laurent garnier, new jackson, bicep, ejeca, ben klock. the techno was relentless!!!

i seen Paul K. as the closing act on Sunday at main stage, thought he was unreal, perfect finisher, Some of my mates went to jefff mills in D8 they were equally impressed.

i didn't really see any trouble over the course of the weekend, there certainly were a few scoby characters about though, there was one particular group who were knocking about the main stage sunday around 8 or 9. you could just sense they were looking for any excuse to start trouble. But you'll get a few of those at every festival i suppose.

Festival was noticeably busier Sunday I'm guessing they sold a lot of day tickets for then. No idea what the attendance was like other days i heard conflicting reports from people.

all in all great weekend, glad i went, serious case of post festival blues in work today!!

First time at life festival I thought it was okay I thought there was a very rough scobey crowd and was taken back by the amount of drugs openly available.
    I'm a fan of the genre of music but not a huge fan so it all sounded the same to me.
    I'll give it a 7.5/10
    I wish I went to forbidden fruit festival instead due to a few UK rap acts thrown in to break the cycle of bang bang bang bang bang bang dance music for 3 nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

First time at life festival I thought it was okay I thought there was a very rough scobey crowd and was taken back by the amount of drugs openly available.
    I'm a fan of the genre of music but not a huge fan so it all sounded the same to me.
    I'll give it a 7.5/10
    I wish I went to forbidden fruit festival instead due to a few UK rap acts thrown in to break the cycle of bang bang bang bang bang bang dance music for 3 nights.

Drugs openly available at a festival? WHAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'll give it a 7.5/10

Was it your first festival? Here's a fact for you. Half the people who were at that festival didn't give a toss about the music, they just went to get f*cked up for a weekend. There's nothing wrong with that imo, all festivals are the same but id say this one has a higher % of said folks.

Was the crowd really bad? I've considered going to this a few times as there's always a few names that id like to see but was always put off by stories of there being an abundance of dickheads.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

MadYaker wrote: »
    Was the crowd really bad? I've considered going to this a few times as there's always a few names that id like to see but was always put off by stories of there being an abundance of dickheads.
    Are you actually going to trust the judgement of someone who was "taken aback" by the fact that people were doing drugs at a dance festival?

Are you actually going to trust the judgement of someone who was "taken aback" by the fact that people were doing drugs at a dance festival?

I am used to drugs but I was surprised how often I was being asked did i want some and how many peoples jaws were gone.
    Any trouble I seen seem to have Dublin scobes shouting and roaring it always seems to be the Dublin crowd that are loudest but i guess theres always going to he more Dublin people due to population.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jaysisjames

ah, de durty dubs and dere durty drugs eh!

the plowing champiosnship sounds more your kinda thing! only messin

• Advertisement

the plowing championship sounds more your kinda thing! only messi

the plowing championship sounds more your kinda thing! only messin !

double post

double post

Triple post actually. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

It's just city populations in general. It's the same the world over.

Global Gathering in Cork way back when was a good example. Barely any Dubs, so we can't blame them, but plenty of thrash from Cork and Limerick to kill the vibe.

So let's not blame Dubliners for the world's ills. At the same time, let's not be in denial about what a large influx of Dubs brings to a festival.

Again, a good example is Bodytonic's Garden Party which ran for two years circa 2005. It was a lovely little festival on both occasions, but the mood around the place on the second year was palpably different due to a larger number of 'heads'.

I also remember the year Snoop Dogg played Oxegen. The festival had been changing year on year since it was Witnness, but that year killed it stone dead for me in terms of the people that started to come along.

Certain types of music attract certain types of people, and large urban centres inevitably have more of everything, including scum.

It's possible to call a spade a spade while at the same time not blaming everything on the capital.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 demz101

Does anyone know how many people attended Life Fest this year?

demz101 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many people attended Life Fest this year?

I think between 6,000 to 8,000 people attended I can only get an Irish Times news report from 2014 which stated 6,000 attended.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I think between 6,000 to 8,000 people attended I can only get an Irish Times news report from 2014 which stated 6,000 attended.

I know they didn't sell out, which was a bit of a financial blow, especially after losing the Bacardi Bar and RBMA, which were 2 fairly hefty sponsors.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Sheeeeit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Pickpocket wrote: »
    It's just city populations in general. It's the same the world over.

Global Gathering in Cork way back when was a good example. Barely any Dubs, so we can't blame them, but plenty of thrash from Cork and Limerick to kill the vibe.

So let's not blame Dubliners for the world's ills. At the same time, let's not be in denial about what a large influx of Dubs brings to a festival.

Again, a good example is Bodytonic's Garden Party which ran for two years circa 2005. It was a lovely little festival on both occasions, but the mood around the place on the second year was palpably different due to a larger number of 'heads'.

I also remember the year Snoop Dogg played Oxegen. The festival had been changing year on year since it was Witnness, but that year killed it stone dead for me in terms of the people that started to come along.

Certain types of music attract certain types of people, and large urban centres inevitably have more of everything, including scum.

It's possible to call a spade a spade while at the same time not blaming everything on the capital.

But by the same token, you cannot blame it on Limerick and Cork "thrash" either!!!

Advertisement