Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV with green lines at right side of screen

• 30-01-2016 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi folks

I have a 32" Sony TV with coloured lines on the right side of the screen. (shown in pictures attached)

The TV has never had any damage done to it, just one day this happened.

I had a quick look at the inside on the back (knowing almost nothing about electronics ;)) I did't see any blown capacitors or anything that stood out.

would any of ye know what could be the cause of this? It seems like a shame to get rid of it because of this and its only a few years old. Thanks

http://i.imgur.com/iWoV6m7.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/4DTpwOu.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭greasepalm

if tv is only a few years old contact sony ,good tvs should last longer.
    dont try this at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

There's usually a Tape Carrier Package connection between the driver board and the TV. It's bonded but can come lose and cause such problems. I had one TV where I just push gently down on the connection to the LCD screen (with an insulated screw driver) and the picture would magically appear again.

LCD63.jpg

It could be one of the chips in the driver board that drives that part of the screen. But its something in that section, it's not random, there is a driver IC and cable that is responsible for just that 1/8th section of the screen that is not working and the problem will lie in the circuitry and cables in that section.

Post the full model number and I'll have a google. Usually you wont be the first person to find this problem with the TV.

Advertisement