Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO Change of Mind for Restricted Courses as a Mature Student

Options
  • 31-01-2016 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'm am in the process of finalizing my CAO application before the Monday 1st of February deadline. However, I need a question answered.

One of my course choices is for a restricted course (CR125 - CIT Music), I am aware that after the February 1st deadline it is not possible to select a restricted course.
    But is it possible to select a restricted course before the deadline, then use the "Change of Mind" option later on, if I decide that I would like to place another course in first place.

The reason I ask is that I might not be available to attend the CIT school of music entrance audition in April, and thus choosing the course in first place would be of no advantage.

Any advice, help or previous experience would greatly be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

It really depends on the course. If the restricion is due to specific procedures such as reviewing a portfolio then you might be able to introduce the 2nd restricted application after the closing date by contacting the college and CAO. But something like music which has a schedule of performence tests can be a bit more tricky.

Why wouldnt you include all the restricted application courses on your form now? You can always change the order of them later on.

Advertisement