Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 General Election Waterford

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

iseegirls wrote: »
    Great to see Deasy not doing well. I think he even thought himself that he was a shoe-in. Even judging by ads in papers this week - nothing said about what he'll do for Waterford, or what he did.

I hope he will be on the " Today with Maura and Dáithí show" crying into his wives arms in an emotional interivew where he recants his nostalgia for being a useless wanker

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Edgarfrndly

Latest count:

David Cullinane (SF): 18.4
    Mary Butler (FF): 21.3
    Paudie Coffey (FG): 14.3
    John Deasy (FG): 14.2
    John Halligan (Ind): 15.4
    Grace O'Sullivan (Greens): 4.3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Gael23 wrote: »
    FF are set to top the poll.
    Im losing faith in the Waterford electorate

like everyone else (nearly 70%) lost faith in your government :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

hardybuck wrote: »
    Deasy could end up relying on Coffey's surplus also.

Not if they both end up fighting for the last seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Latest count:

David Cullinane (SF): 18.4
    Mary Butler (FF): 21.3
    Paudie Coffey (FG): 14.3
    John Deasy (FG): 14.2
    John Halligan (Ind): 15.4
    Grace O'Sullivan (Greens): 4.3

Does this indicate more city boxes opened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

iseegirls wrote: »
    Great to see Deasy not doing well. I think he even thought himself that he was a shoe-in. Even judging by ads in papers this week - nothing said about what he'll do for Waterford, or what he did.

He is on a couple of committees that seem to do good work on a national level, but I have no idea what he does for his constituents. Talk is that he is taking the role of ceann comarle (no idea how you spell that) if he does get in, that would get him through the next election also but his career would surely be over after that anyway.

He is a pariah in his own party too which doesn't help his long term prospects politically.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

He is on a couple of committees that seem to do good work on a national level, but I have no idea what he does for his constituents. Talk is that he is taking the role of ceann comarle (no idea how you spell that) if he does get in, that would get him through the next election also but his career would surely be over after that anyway.

He is a pariah in his own party too which doesn't help his long term prospects politically.

in general he is a pariah, dynasty politics at its worst, his father did nothing for Waterford and the son did even less. The quicker this type of politician is gone the better

Have some candidates being eliminated ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Have some candidates being eliminated ?

They are only starting to count now.

Does anyone know is Sully out in the Butler's?

(Not Mary Butler's but the Butler's community centre)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Butler looks to be safe, Cullinane also and you would have to think Halligan, fight between Coffey and Deasey for the last seat by the looks of it

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

in general he is a pariah, dynasty politics at its worst, his father did nothing for Waterford and the son did even less. The quicker this type of politician is gone the better

Just like the Cummins Dynasty. Filled with an odious sense of self-entitlement and superiority. No way should a 25 year old Fine Gael politician been made "mayor" twice within three years.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 X22Report

Looking like a historic breakthrough for Sinn Féin in Waterford

X22Report wrote: »
    Looking like a historic breakthrough for Sinn Féin in Waterford

Last time Waterford had a Sinn Féin TD was in 1923 when Caitlin Brugha was elected to the Dáil.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Last time Waterford had a Sinn Féin TD was in 1923 when Caitlin Brugha was elected to the Dáil.
    wow...didn't know we had a woman elected here that far back

wow...didn't know we had a woman elected here that far back

Yeah same actually, She was the Wife of Cathal Brugha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

FF top the poll, ashamed to be from Waterford, people are so thick, Only 5 years ago FF got a drubbing with many saying they would never vote for them again after what they did to the country, To see them doing so well only an election later shows the Irish electorate never learn, wait another 5 years and FG will be elected with everyone giving out about FF. Why even bother voting nothing will change.

FF top the poll, ashamed to be from Waterford, people are so thick, Only 5 years ago FF got a drubbing with many saying they would never vote for them again after what they did to the country, To see them doing so well only an election later shows the Irish electorate never learn, wait another 5 years and FG will be elected with everyone giving out about FF. Why even bother voting nothing will change.

Yeah thats it, the electorate is stupid :rolleyes:

You must be one of Enda's think tank experts. how did that go for ya? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,393 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

we re going around in circles here folks. we need a paradigm shift in politics and in our political system in order for true change to happen and it looks like ireland isnt ready for that just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Looks like it's happening all over the country so layve it off boy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Yeah thats it, the electorate is stupid :rolleyes:

You must be one of Enda's think tank experts. how did that go for ya? :D
    I didn't vote FG or any of the established parties, if i could have i would vote SD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

FF topping the poll after the way they destroyed the country and hid from bullyboy bankers who propelled the economic crash, we really are fcuking idiots in this country. FG and FF over and over again like a vicious circle. Wait and see now how good this Mary Butler one really is or will she, like countless others before her. prove to be a sounding board for those above her in FF and end up doing nothing to improve Waterford....

I didn't vote FG or any of the established parties, if i could have i would vote SD.

Funnily enough, so would have i, if they had someone running.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

FF top the poll, ashamed to be from Waterford, people are so thick.

Well f*ck off and move somewhere else

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Looks like Renua are likely to get no seats,
    No harm as they offered nothing new to the country, glad to see the Social Democrats doing so well though

Cabaal wrote: »
    Looks like Renua are likely to get no seats,
    No harm as they offered nothing new to the country, glad to see the Social Democrats doing so well though

Malio power did a little bit better then the Sheik fair play.

By the way Renua did offer something new, extreme right wing policies, what was not new was that they were completely out of touch with the people and real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Malio power did a little bit better then the Sheik fair play.

By the way Renua did offer something new, extreme right wing policies, what was not new was that they were completely out of touch with the people and real life.

Could you highlight one of their 'extreme right wing policies'?

Reports in coming of a two Fine Gael politicians having it out at the bull post on Ballybricken. Over to you in the news room Mike Hunt.

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Could you highlight one of their 'extreme right wing policies'?

Three strikes policy

Fining/bringing parents to court for the crimes of their children.

Just two off the cuff i can think of

• Advertisement

Reports in coming of a two Fine Gael politicians having it out at the bull post on Ballybricken. Over to you in the news room Mike Hunt.

Doubtful if its Deasy, he would have to wake up first and realize there is an electionon

Advertisement