Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 General Election Waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

It appears Halligan did much better than his detractors foretold.

Junior Minister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Good man John! That actually worked out well!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Junior Minister for Waterford
    delighted
    I am so glad he didnt stick to much to his guns, the cardiac care or nothing....
    he can hopefully do so much more now for waterford now he in a position of power....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Nothing for Deasy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

deisemum wrote: »
    Junior Minister.

Really, that's more good news indeed.didn't see / hear that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Quite simply John Halligan has played a blinder. In the last few weeks he has achieved more for Waterford as an independent that was not even part of a government than the three government TD’s achieved in 5 years from within government.

As for Deasy, he is a complete joke.

BBM77 wrote: »
    Quite simply John Halligan has played a blinder. In the last few weeks he has achieved more for Waterford as an independent that was not even part of a government than the three government TD’s achieved in 5 years from within government.

We are all happy and surprised with outcome but last bit is simply not true.

http://www.wlrfm.com/news/local/65688-john-halligan-to-be-confirmed-as-junior-minister-in-the-coming-hour.html

Christ! Read wlrs synopsis, achieve those John and there will be no more talk just statutes and streets named after you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Max Powers wrote: »
    http://www.wlrfm.com/news/local/65688-john-halligan-to-be-confirmed-as-junior-minister-in-the-coming-hour.html

Christ! Read wlrs synopsis, achieve those John and there will be no more talk just statutes and streets named after you

Christ almighty. Not that Frankenstein merger. WIT for full university status or nothing. But fair play to him. He has done more that those three who sat mute while Waterford was taken apart in the last five years. Good luck to him. And Deasy IS a disaster.

Well done to him.

• Advertisement

why what has he achieved????

Well we’ll just have to agree to disagree on this. All I can say is that 3077 people agree with me based on last two election results.

2011: 10,718 1st perf 19.95%
    2016: 7,641 1st perf 14.78%

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Well we’ll just have to agree to disagree on this. All I can say is that 3077 people agree with me based on last two election results.

2011: 10,718 1st perf 19.95%
    2016: 7,641 1st perf 14.78%

We'll see if he gets those figures next time. People are furious at him

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Before people go saying how well he did, for all we know this Government may not last a full year.

I don't expect him to get everything on the list either.

At least he did something constructive, what has the SF boy done!

robtri wrote: »

Well he brought cardiac care in Waterford to a national level for one thing.

Well he brought cardiac care in Waterford to a national level for one thing.

so nothing then....

already at national level from previous protests, from the people of Waterford getting out protesting...

so he got a bit more publicity for it, but its not implemented

he has a good position now, lets hope he can do something good for Waterford...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Poor old Paudie Coffey. If people had reelected him he'd have been what? Seems that Halligan may have done something good for Waterford and it is being noticed. This is not going down with the Bluebots and Fianna Gael. :)

Regards...jmcc

He is a bit of a Joke. Like wanting to be Ceann chomhairle??

Review of cardiac services at UHW in program for government.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Junior ministry is for one year and then will go to FG TD according to the Indo

• Advertisement

so nothing then....

already at national level from previous protests, from the people of Waterford getting out protesting...

so he got a bit more publicity for it, but its not implemented

he has a good position now, lets hope he can do something good for Waterford...

He has got a commitment for the restoration of 24/7 cardiac care in Waterford. Even if it never happens and he never achieves anything else it is still more than the last three government TD’s achieved in 5 years from within government.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

It's Gas! Halligans backside hasn't even reached the seat of his office chair and people are asking "what has he acheived?". As if the mere appointment means all our ills are gone. I never voted for the man and I maybe I never will. He is not elegant that is for sure but he was the sole voice of protest when talk talk was closed with the other dummies seen chasing Richard Bruton out there like a load of pathetic ar5e lickers trying to get in on the camera shot on six one.Never mind Ciara's sun beam smile at the wonderful occasion that the loss of six hundred jobs is. If it had happened in Galway there would be a major government task force set up like when digital closed and rightly so! We got 250k for retraining:DHe is in a decent enough position and is a whole lot better than waiting twenty years for Paudie to be in the position Cullen was in the bubble period government.

I have a niggling suspicion that this government might actually be a success as FG and FF are effectively neutered leaving little room for the usual BS in Irish politics.

He has got a commitment for the restoration of 24/7 cardiac care in Waterford. Even if it never happens and he never achieves anything else it is still more than the last three government TD’s achieved in 5 years from within government.

have u a link to that???

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Credit where credit is due to Halligan. Despite the hassle he is getting, he has the government by the short and curlies and has a lot more power than others because he has a real negotiating position. The Jr Minister is there to sweeten the deal, no doubt. If he has the power to get results, than I say leave him at it.

We now wait and see what happens next.

Sully wrote: »
    Credit where credit is due to Halligan. Despite the hassle he is getting, he has the government by the short and curlies and has a lot more power than others because he has a real negotiating position. The Jr Minister is there to sweeten the deal, no doubt. If he has the power to get results, than I say leave him at it.

I agree......

but previous post was look at what he has achieved already..... and he has an agreement for 24/7 cardiac care already.....
    just curious to where this has come from?

Sully wrote: »

I agree......

but previous post was look at what he has achieved already..... and he has an agreement for 24/7 cardiac care already.....
    just curious to where this has come from?

Are you looking for confirmation that he's got this agreement? There has to be a review but he's made it very clear that this is a formality. The story is everywhere so shudnt be too hard to find if you look?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,387 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

fair play to halligan for telling ministers to shut up over water charges. i couldnt believe it when i seen that today. fg havent a clue about governance and leadership. i fear this government is already doomed due to this.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    fair play to halligan for telling ministers to shut up over water charges. i couldnt believe it when i seen that today. fg havent a clue about governance and leadership. i fear this government is already doomed due to this.

And Labour going on about people "being mugged" on the News earlier:D

O Riain wrote: »
    Are you looking for confirmation that he's got this agreement? There has to be a review but he's made it very clear that this is a formality. The story is everywhere so shudnt be too hard to find if you look?

i thought it was for a review, which is very welcome....
    but poster above says he has got the full cardic care package 24/7 installed.. so curious to see where this was gotten from
    Originally Posted by BBM77 View Post
    He has got a commitment for the restoration of 24/7 cardiac care in Waterford.

• Advertisement

O Riain wrote: »

i thought it was for a review, which is very welcome....
    but poster above says he has got the full cardic care package 24/7 installed.. so curious to see where this was gotten from
    Originally Posted by BBM77 View Post
    He has got a commitment for the restoration of 24/7 cardiac care in Waterford.
    The review is for the restoration and halligan has stated that it's a done deal. He's vouched for it to the point where if it didn't happen his political career would be over so seems to be solid.

Advertisement