Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 General Election Waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

robtri wrote: »
    well its better than SF, cause if they dont like you there "friends" will drag you to a barn and break every bone in your body with iron bars as they beat you to death..... or maybe you will just disappear like Jean Mcconville....

and don't worry they will protect there mates like Slab, sure he did nothing wrong poor chap....

There is a reason why Kenny won't constitutionally guarantee the public ownership of Irish water. We all know who will get it.
    Im no shinner but the kleptocracy that is protected by Kenny, Ahern et al has to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

Its a well known fact that recession is linked to suicide,RESEARCH ON SUICIDE rates in Ireland has shown that there were 476 more male suicides than would have been expected during 2008 and 2012 had the recession not happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

U talk some crap.

no just the truth.... and if you dont accept it thats your business, but the majority of people believe the links between SF and the IRA and everyhting that went on.

Its a well known fact that recession is linked to suicide,RESEARCH ON SUICIDE rates in Ireland has shown that there were 476 more male suicides than would have been expected during 2008 and 2012 had the recession not happened.

can u link to that research? that details this please.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,387 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

when you say a governemnt responsible for an increase in suicides?? what you basing that on

In fact, the rate of suicide in Ireland hit its peak in 2001 at 13.5 suicides per 100,000 people and by 2004 – a “Celtic Tiger” year in which economic growth was running at 4.6 per cent – the rate still remained at 12.2. That 2004 rate of 12.2 per 100,000 has never been exceeded since.
    RTE..

id highly recommend a chat with some hse staff about the country's mental health issues. its not good, in fact many hse staff are experiencing mental health issues themselves. this wont end well folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

Cabaal wrote: »
    Maybe, however people should be extremely wary of any party promising tax cuts because at the end of the day you need money to fund services in the country.

All the more reason to be wary of FG. They are promising most of the tax cuts
    SF have had to make some extremely unpopular decisions in the North including education cuts. http://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/ni-minister-for-education-john-o-dowd-not-for-turning-on-cuts-1.2167744

The North is a totally different jurisdication and has a different constitutional arrangement.It also has not got the flexibility that the Republic has with regard to raising or cutting revenue. If we had the same arrangement as the North then FF and FG would have been in continuous coalition together since almost the genesis of the state and the North would have the same corporation tax as us. But the good news is that will probably be the arrangement after the election so we can finally put to bed the civil war farce. The only problem for FG is that if the current trends continue they will be not the largest party.

If somehow people think SF are going to magic money out of nowhere while cutting tax etc then they are only fools. People somehow thought FG would improve things money wise when compared to FF but the reality of the situation is some very unpopular decisions had to be made for various reasons.

And yet FG are the ones who are promoting the fantasy economics lately. Many of these "unpopular" decisions did not have to be made. And those that did such as charging for water would have been palatable as long as it was done transparently but it wasn't. Such as Irish Water, the corrupt entity that has been awarded to FG cronies to enable them to make money off of Irish citizens for a fundamental need. Or nationalized banking debt written off so FG cronies can purchase corporate entities that enabled them to set up Irish water in the first place.
    Other examples of SF would be that they condemn FG for homeless issues in Dublin, but Belfast has them too http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/homeless-volunteers-lead-tributes-to-true-gentleman-found-dead-in-belfast-34464559.html

Everywhere has them but Belfast has not got a situation as severe as in the Republic which has the worst homelessness crisis in our history.

Max Powers wrote: »
    It is amazing that people are so disillusioned with main parties that they are eyeing up SF to vote for.Adams , even ignoring his paramilitary past, had been involved in child abuse cover ups involving his brother, sex assault cover ups with the Maria cahill case.
    SF say they will get rid of usc, water, property tax and give massive expenditure to public services,I just don't see it at all.Cullinane seems to be a decent skin in fairness but comments from local SF rep john Hearne bombing being effective in some cases frightens me. I would be fearful speaking out about them in public for something happen me.
    I'm fearful people are unwisely going to just protest vote

There is a reason people are disillusioned with the main parties. They are corrupt and inept on a grand scale. This is why people like you need to scrape the bottom of the barrell with regard to creating a hierarchy of abuse victims. You are also ignoring conveniently the fact that the largest group that are polling in the Dail have nothing to do with SF. They are independents. And the history of this country shows that previous coalitions of "motley crews" that included FG also had groups of reformed "terrorists" of subversives in their ranks. Specifically the rainbow government of 1994 and the inter party overnmemt of 1948. The latter in particular had advanced social policys that eradicated TB and promised free health care for mothers and children. Until FG as usual scuppered it with the help of Archbishop John McQuaid and vested interests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I personally think the people who are voting Sinn Féin because they will change things are completely wrong. As Cabaal showed only 38% of Sinn Féin are in favour of repealing the eight amendment and Sinn Féin is also opposed to the legalisation of Cannabis.I'm certainly not on a crusade against them, but I don't like how some people present them as the only alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

There is a reason people are disillusioned with the main parties. They are corrupt and inept on a grand scale. This is why people like you need to scrape the bottom of the barrell with regard to creating a hierarchy of abuse victims. You are also ignoring conveniently the fact that the largest group that are polling in the Dail have nothing to do with SF. They are independents. And the history of this country shows that previous coalitions of "motley crews" that included FG also had groups of reformed "terrorists" of subversives in their ranks. Specifically the rainbow government of 1994 and the inter party overnmemt of 1948. The latter in particular had advanced social policys that eradicated TB and promised free health care for mothers and children. Until FG as usual scuppered it with the help of Archbishop John McQuaid and vested interests.

Scraping the barrel...1948...laughable, let's keep it to when we were born ey.. end of the day,SF contain some not all dodgy fellas, are led my some dodge lads who have links to even dodgier lads and are highly dangerous.added to that we don't know who is running the show, the dodgy leader or the dodgier men behind the scenes. I Don't know what need to happen for SF supporters to see the dodgyness of it.
    Do u really belief that water,usc and property tax can be scrapped without creating a major hole.no sugar tax is gonna fill.

Scraping the barrel...1948...laughable, let's keep it to when we were born ey.. end of the day,SF contain some not all dodgy fellas, are led my some dodge lads who have links to even dodgier lads and are highly dangerous.added to that we don't know who is running the show, the dodgy leader or the dodgier men behind the scenes. I Don't know what need to happen for SF supporters to see the dodgyness of it.

Scraping the bottom of the barrell is exactly what you are doing. And there is nothing laughable about burying the myth that we somehow need the big parties. That is why you ignore 1994 and want to ignore 1948. We had the FF /FG/Labour and PD's (FF splitters) for decades and look where it got us.

All these dodgy lads which have dodgier lads who have even dodgier lads behind them Go up to Ballybricken Garda Station with your information and see how you will be treated. I would imagine there would be no shortage of garda who will also be voting for SF considering how their conditions have been decimated.

By the way while you are up there you might be able to aske them if they can do anything about the dodgy FG "lad" who enriched another dodgy "lad" (who plays golf with Enda )by awarding him a mobile phone licence corruptly. The same lad who now seems to always conveniently in the running for goverenment contracts to provide fuel to goverenment vehicle fleets and Water to the Irish public.

Do u really belief that water,usc and property tax can be scrapped without creating a major hole.no sugar tax is gonna fill.

How do you know? Have you some costings? All I know is that when it comes to the financial calculations FG and Labour are now depending on "the magic money tree" they were always accusing SF of needing. Now apply your scrutiny to the FG promises and see where it will get you.

I don't know what SF will do only what they say they will do. But I do know what FG did at a time that the country was on its knees.Especially in Waterford where they completely f*cked us! Hospital downgrades. WIT debacle. pittance of job creation and the VEC being abolished ! It was business as usual with corruption, broken promises and incompetence. Yeah lets's keep the "recovery" going!

• Advertisement

I personally think the people who are voting Sinn Féin because they will change things are completely wrong. As Cabaal showed only 38% of Sinn Féin are in favour of repealing the eight amendment and Sinn Féin is also opposed to the legalisation of Cannabis.I'm certainly not on a crusade against them, but I don't like how some people present them as the only alternative.

Let's be honest no party is repealing the 8th because it not the major issue. It might be for some but not for most. Labour say they are going to do it......After the election:D

Its amazing that those with a penchant for politicizing abuse victims specifically FG and their supporters don't seem to get that the they are living in glass houses.

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/ireland/article1668086.ece

Especially Michael Noonan it seems.

Its ok he's only a scoundrel......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Its amazing that those with a penchant for politicizing abuse victims specifically FG and their supporters don't seem to get that the they are living in glass houses.

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/ireland/article1668086.ece

Especially Michael Noonan it seems.

Its ok he's only a scoundrel......

This is actually unbelievable, how he is not being told to resign is absolutely outrageous. Especially at a time when not reporting child abuse is being made a crime.

O Riain wrote: »
    This is actually unbelievable, how he is not being told to resign is absolutely outrageous. Especially at a time when not reporting child abuse is being made a crime.

It is unbeleivable but it appears to be deniable....maybe.

It is unbeleivable but it appears to be deniable....maybe.

This is what REALLY get me about Fianna Gael. All this song and dance about changing the way politics was done and here we are in 2016, more outraged then ever at the carry on.

Scraping the bottom of the barrell is exactly what you are doing. And there is nothing laughable about burying the myth that we somehow need the big parties. That is why you ignore 1994 and want to ignore 1948. We had the FF /FG/Labour and PD's (FF splitters) for decades and look where it got us.

All these dodgy lads which have dodgier lads who have even dodgier lads behind them Go up to Ballybricken Garda Station with your information and see how you will be treated. I would imagine there would be no shortage of garda who will also be voting for SF considering how their conditions have been decimated.

By the way while you are up there you might be able to aske them if they can do anything about the dodgy FG "lad" who enriched another dodgy "lad" (who plays golf with Enda )by awarding him a mobile phone licence corruptly. The same lad who now seems to always conveniently in the running for goverenment contracts to provide fuel to goverenment vehicle fleets and Water to the Irish public.

How do you know? Have you some costings? All I know is that when it comes to the financial calculations FG and Labour are now depending on "the magic money tree" they were always accusing SF of needing. Now apply your scrutiny to the FG promises and see where it will get you.

I don't know what SF will do only what they say they will do. But I do know what FG did at a time that the country was on its knees.Especially in Waterford where they completely f*cked us! Hospital downgrades. WIT debacle. pittance of job creation and the VEC being abolished ! It was business as usual with corruption, broken promises and incompetence. Yeah lets's keep the "recovery" going!

SF can't accept any criticism and when they hear it is either discredit the source or a tirade about all the countries woes since foundation.Agree long history of corruption for most parties but i feel safe giving out about them, they will eventual y learn we don't want incompetence or corruption. I would /do not feel safe talking out about SF and their buddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Can anybody provide a link to the wlrfm election debates. Their site is a disaster to navigate by mobile

dk1982 wrote: »
    when you say in the 'paper' you should probably point out that it was in the Independent so hardly counts as credible when it comes to SF

Discredit source again.....nothing to see here
    Did WLR make up John hearne saying bombing is sometimes all these countries understand. (Not an exact quote but that was what he was saying) in reference to getting people to the table...I think he mentioned canary wharf to.

SF can't accept any criticism and when they hear it is either discredit the source or a tirade about all the countries woes since foundation.Agree long history of corruption for most parties but i feel safe giving out about them, they will eventual y learn we don't want incompetence or corruption. I would /do not feel safe talking out about SF and their buddies.

That's a bit ridiculous saying you can't criticise Sinn Fein without fearing for your life, in reality they are the most criticised of all parties and I don't see anyone ending up in unmarked graves for it like you are making out.

Edit: You are giving out about Sinn Fein, so you are kind of contradicting yourself. Better lock the doors to be sure.

O Riain wrote: »
    That's a bit ridiculous saying you can't criticise Sinn Fein without fearing for your life, in reality they are the most criticised of all parties and I don't see anyone ending up in unmarked graves for it like you are making out.

Edit: You are giving out about Sinn Fein, so you are kind of contradicting yourself. Better lock the doors to be sure.[/quote
    its fairl certain a lot of people ended up in graves for not doing what they liked.
    I would have thought you copped that i meant in a more public way,I wouldn't feel safe, I'm prob safe enough criticising with some anonymity here.
    Look at those who do criticise them in real life in public, intimidated or bullied or attempts to be discredited...

• Advertisement

I would have thought you copped that i meant in a more public way,I wouldn't feel safe, I'm prob safe enough criticising with some anonymity here.
    Look at those who do criticise them in real life in public, intimidated or bullied or attempts to be discredited...

The exact same happens when you try to criticize another party. This is not unique to Sinn Fein you know, you are deluded if you think this.

SF can't accept any criticism and when they hear it is either discredit the source or a tirade about all the countries woes since foundation.

Jesus Christ man they are a political party in opposition what do you expect them to do? Canvass for FG? Are you actually reading what you post?
    Agree long history of corruption for most parties but i feel safe giving out about them, they will eventual y learn we don't want incompetence or corruption. I would /do not feel safe talking out about SF and their buddies.

Yeah right they will eventually learn!They have only had since 1922 or therabouts:rolleyes:

I would /do not feel safe talking out about SF and their buddies.

Will if that is genuine then you are one paranoid individual. By the way the tactics you are accsuing SF of are the very things you are indulging in now and have been are the modus operandi of FG since the their inception. Just look at the economic illiterate commentary they are so fond of but does not wash any more. The Indo are running stories about intimidation and all they have shown is that SF supporters are more active online:D Just as FG and Labour supporters have been up until they started floundering in the polls but in particular up around the time and after the last election

http://www.thejournal.ie/young-fine-gael-2414918-Oct2015/

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2013/03/07/fine-gaels-frape-room/

See above for example of YFG intimidation tactics. Remarkably similar to what Fionnan Sheahan is getting his knickers in a twist in the Indo but "allegedly" about Sinn Fein.

http://www.thejournal.ie/fine-gael-social-media-tweets-2606699-Feb2016/

Jesus Christ man they are a political party in opposition what do you expect them to do? Canvass for FG? Are you actually reading what you post?

Yeah right they will eventually learn!They have only had since 1922 or therabouts:rolleyes:

Will if that is genuine then you are one paranoid individual. By the way the tactics you are accsuing SF of are the very things you are indulging in now and have been are the modus operandi of FG since the their inception. Just look at the economic illiterate commentary they are so fond of but does not wash any more. The Indo are running stories about intimidation and all they have shown is that SF supporters are more active online:D Just as FG and Labour supporters have been up until they started floundering in the polls but in particular up around the time and after the last election

http://www.thejournal.ie/young-fine-gael-2414918-Oct2015/

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2013/03/07/fine-gaels-frape-room/

See above for example of YFG intimidation tactics. Remarkably similar to what Fionnan Sheahan is getting his knickers in a twist in the Indo but "allegedly" about Sinn Fein.

http://www.thejournal.ie/fine-gael-social-media-tweets-2606699-Feb2016/

Well not to canvass for FG/lab/ff but certainly keep it to things that happened in our life time
    I wouldn't be paranoid when I see all the evidence in front of me, in papers, on the news, comments from SFs own people, slab, SCC, etc etc

One thing we might all agree on is, it will be over this time next week and I reckon we will all be glad its over

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Has anyone mentioned Coffeys Irish Water Driver http://www.thejournal.ie/paudie-coffey-driver-irish-water-1698425-Sep2014/
    Joan Burton appointing Begg http://www.thejournal.ie/david-begg-joan-burton-2547521-Jan2016/
    Some more cronyism http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/ff-style-cronyism-alive-and-well-in-government-delegates-told-1.1874512

after todays case was checking something and does anyone remember the papers saying Brendan Kenneally helped in asking for the temp release of a man awaiting sentence for sexual assault of his niece http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politicians-still-contact-authorities-on-behalf-of-prisoners-relatives-26703922.html

And SF dont do cronyism.....

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/news-opinion/sinn-fein-cronyism-attacks-ring-3853998

come on they are a fair party and have the best interests of people at heart, the North has the worst numbers for homelessness in the UK...

In the north SF have had the opportunity to lower property tax in numerous constituencies they control... and guess what they didnt....

and heaven forbid you are successful with SF around, they want to add a third higher rate of tax for people earning over 100k..... god forbid you work hard and make something of yourself... mean that some people would end up with a whopping 73 per cent marginal tax rate when Universal Social Charge (USC) and PRSI are included.
    ohh and they are going after your pension you worked hard for...

and if you have assets (house included) over 1m they will come after you for another 1%.... Wealth Tax.....

run a business, well SF are coming for you in extra taxes.... up to 12% extra in taxes for the audacity of a business to have staff and make a profit...

SF are no different then the other parties.... except their mates might kill you if you look at them wrong or cross them, This is still ongoing in the North and border counties....

and lets not forget, they want to abolish the special criminal court .....

Well not to canvass for FG/lab/ff but certainly keep it to things that happened in our life time

Like Hospital Dowgrade, VEC being moved, Primary Care Facilities being granted to the friends of "the minister", government contracts given to benefactors of FG all happened in our lifetime.
    I wouldn't be paranoid when I see all the evidence in front of me, in papers, on the news, comments from SFs own people, slab, SCC, etc etc

In other words no evidence. Yet facts such as thousands of homeless and hundreds of people on trolleys don't seem to bother you at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

It's a shame most of the waterford candidates are terrible. We could do with a Martin Cullen type of person to bring investment into the city. Based on the candidate that can realistically bring a greater share of investment to the Desie I will be supporting Paudie Coffee. Maybe give Grace o Sullivan number 2.

Cullinane of SF is too miserable and always looks angry, Conway looks lost and insincere, Deasey has a personality disorder and can't seem to get on with anyone, Halligan is a far left wack job with no potential for investment in the city while Butler I've never heard of before and looks unsure anytime I heard her recently. Overall it's been an easy decision for me given what's on offer.

Yes an appointment that other parties had a veto over but did not object too. This is less a definition of cronyism than the Dail electing a Taoiseach.
    come on they are a fair party and have the best interests of people at heart, the North has the worst numbers for homelessness in the UK...

They also have no tax raising powers worth talking about.
    In the north SF have had the opportunity to lower property tax in numerous constituencies they control... and guess what they didnt....

But housing relief payments were increased. And also you seem to forget unlike the Republic the government in the North has layer of bureaucracy in London to deal with that is completely nontransparent with regard to taxes raised in NI.
    and heaven forbid you are successful with SF around, they want to add a third higher rate of tax for people earning over 100k..... god forbid you work hard and make something of yourself... mean that some people would end up with a whopping 73 per cent marginal tax rate when Universal Social Charge (USC) and PRSI are included.
    ohh and they are going after your pension you worked hard for...

FG already have raided private pensions. How many people in this country do you think earn over 100000? This is in line with most European countries that actually have services for their citizens.
    and if you have assets (house included) over 1m they will come after you for another 1%.... Wealth Tax.....

Bad news for the 1% of people who this will effect. But not really they will still have 99% left over,
    run a business, well SF are coming for you in extra taxes.... up to 12% extra in taxes for the audacity of a business to have staff and make a profit...

Well IBEC had not much good to say about FG's proposals

http://www.tax-news.com/news/Ibec_Warns_Against_Narrowing_Income_Tax_Base____70308.html

We were here before remember? FF cut taxes to levels where transactional taxes were completely relied upon.FG and Labour are in the same place now as FF were in 2000 when they destroyed our tax base and the economy.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/business/european-commission-to-recommend-a-more-cautious-financial-approach-for-our-next-government-376733.html

Labour are going to inflate house prices with their plans in the same way FF did with the SSIA courtesy of Charlie McCreeey.The housuing market is following that trend Does anyone think it will be different now just because FG and Labour are doing it?:D This is the voodoo economics that destoyed Ireland in 2008.

https://www.newstalk.com/election2016/Joan-Burton-announces-scheme-for-first-time-buyers-and-pension-increases-at-Labour-national-conference

SF are no different then the other parties.... except their mates might kill you if you look at them wrong or cross them, This is still ongoing in the North and border counties....

Really? Which mates are those? Nobody told this guy....

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2016/watch-mary-lou-mcdonald-confronted-by-incensed-man-on-dublins-grafton-st-34468268.html

and lets not forget, they want to abolish the special criminal court .....

Yes along with Mary Robinson, Amnesty international, The Irish Council for Civil Liberties, the United Nations and all those other bleeding hearts:D This is an institution which by its very nature has imprisoned innocent people such as Nicky Kelly and allowed probable perpetrators of the Omagh bombing go free due its ropey procedural process. But I suppose Ireland is a crime free haven so its worth it...oh wait!

Yes an appointment that other parties had a veto over but did not object too. This is less a definition of cronyism than the Dail electing a Taoiseach.

Still Cronyism.... nothing more nothing less
    They also have no tax raising powers worth talking about.
    the point still stands they did not reduce the burden on the citizens

But housing relief payments were increased. And also you seem to forget unlike the Republic the government in the North has layer of bureaucracy in London to deal with that is completely nontransparent with regard to taxes raised in NI.

i appreciate it is different set of circumstances, but they still have worst rate of homelessness, so they again have failed the citizens. so what if they increased the payments, the results speak for themselves.

FG already have raided private pensions. How many people in this country do you think earn over 100000? This is in line with most European countries that actually have services for their citizens.

more than you obviously think. but again its unfair on people who work hard and make something of their life. which counties have an effective marginal rate of 73% on their citizens????

Bad news for the 1% of people who this will effect. But not really they will still have 99% left over,

sure lets cut the dole then by 50%, sure hey the will still have 50% left....

Well IBEC had not much good to say about FG's proposals

http://www.tax-news.com/news/Ibec_Warns_Against_Narrowing_Income_Tax_Base____70308.html

We were here before remember? FF cut taxes to levels where transactional taxes were completely relied upon.FG and Labour are in the same place now as FF were in 2000 when they destroyed our tax base and the economy.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/business/european-commission-to-recommend-a-more-cautious-financial-approach-for-our-next-government-376733.html

Labour are going to inflate house prices with their plans in the same way FF did with the SSIA courtesy of Charlie McCreeey.The housuing market is following that trend Does anyone think it will be different now just because FG and Labour are doing it?:D This is the voodoo economics that destoyed Ireland in 2008.

https://www.newstalk.com/election2016/Joan-Burton-announces-scheme-for-first-time-buyers-and-pension-increases-at-Labour-national-conference
    my post was about SF policy not FG or labour... so if all you can say about SF policies is look at their(fg and lab) policies... it really doesnt address the policy issue

Really? Which mates are those? Nobody told this guy....

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2016/watch-mary-lou-mcdonald-confronted-by-incensed-man-on-dublins-grafton-st-34468268.html

Yes along with Mary Robinson, Amnesty international, The Irish Council for Civil Liberties, the United Nations and all those other bleeding hearts:D This is an institution which by its very nature has imprisoned innocent people such as Nicky Kelly and allowed probable perpetrators of the Omagh bombing go free due its ropey procedural process. But I suppose Ireland is a crime free haven so its worth it...oh wait!

never said it was crime free, if i did please point it out.

the special criminal court serves a purpose and will continue too...

I would advise reacquainting yourself with the links between SF and the IRA and the atrocities carried out and the terror still wrecked on families in recent years.. google is a great start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

My politics are moderate. I believe in helping the poor and paying for social services but not making benefits a way of life. A fair taxation rate for all, to pay for services and not punish success. Abolition of tax avoidance across the board and a cut off of welfare for those who aren't bothered.

Keep Irish water with a flat rate yearly charge. Keep property tax and abolish prsi in place of usc.

I could go on but my policies would be fairness for one and all but personal freedom for all (abortion, separation of state and church etc) I think the state should provide limited welfare, tax break on job creation, where can I go from here? Nobody or no party is aligned with fairness .

FF, FG corrupt and self interested. Labour have no identity and the Sinn Fein leader is bad at figures and shielded his child abusing brother. Where does the sensible vote go to but only to the parish pump and Waterford is bereft of representation(apart from Halligan who brought a couple of excellent private members bills)

We're another 50 years from political maturity I fear

Advertisement