Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilcoole Train Station

Options
  • 31-01-2016 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know what is happening in the car park beside Kilcoole train station? It looks like a building or some structure is being put in. Bridge or a actual station?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 batyushki

I read in the paper about a disabled ramp improvement at the station, though the works in progress seem much more extensive than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

batyushki wrote:
    I read in the paper about a disabled ramp improvement at the station, though the works in progress seem much more extensive than this.

I thought that was already solved with the gate that was put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 batyushki

red_bairn wrote: »
    I thought that was already solved with the gate that was put in.

So did I, but looking at the works yesterday it is obviously a wheelchair ramp. Not sure why this is required - maybe the existing platform ramp is too steep?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

red_bairn wrote: »
    Does anybody know what is happening in the car park beside Kilcoole train station? It looks like a building or some structure is being put in. Bridge or a actual station?

A train station would be nice.
    The current building is a tad drafty :D

Seriously though it would be a welcome addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

2011 wrote: »
    A train station would be nice.
    The current building is a tad drafty :D

Seriously though it would be a welcome addition.

Some trains would be nicer!

• Advertisement
Advertisement