Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I achieve wavy hair?

Options
  • 31-01-2016 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

This sounds like such a noob question but I've genuinely no idea here!
    I have long straight hair that sits on my shoulders and I really want to have soft waves as I'm going to a wedding soon.
    How do I achieve this look?

I don't have any curling irons or anything.
    I see girls with rollers in their hair; is this for the wavy look?
    How do I get this look?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭8 Bit Girl

I have fairly long hair, down to my boobs, and am always trying to find ways of giving it a nice wavy look. I use my hair straightener to curl it but it doesnt always give the effect I want.

I did a search on Youtube and came across this video. Quick, easy and heatless. Good thing is you can use a bigger or smaller tshirt to give the effect you want.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L_Mo0XCeJqw

• Registered Users Posts: 13,759 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I have very long (past my bra-strap), poker-straight hair and the ONLY thing that achieves the kind of wave in my hair you're talking about is a curly blow-dry. And believe me, I've tried pretty much everything else.

Well, apart from the t-shirt method in the vid above (which is essentially what the Aurora band is), but my hair wouldn't be dry in the morning if I went to bed with it wet and wrapped like that. I have rather a lot of hair :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭8 Bit Girl

Dial Hard wrote: »

Well, apart from the t-shirt method in the vid above, but my hair wouldn't be dry in the morning if I went to bed with it wet and wrapped like that. I have rather a lot of hair :-(

Mine wouldnt be dry either because I have thick hair(the effort of everything!) but it worked for me, my hair was just damp when I put it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

You can get a really good waver in Argos, it has wavy plates (if that makes sense). Does the job for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

You can get a really good waver in Argos, it has wavy plates (if that makes sense). Does the job for me :)

Is it easy to use? I'm crap at curling my hair, tried to do ghd curls once, but no dice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

cactusgal wrote: »
    Is it easy to use? I'm crap at curling my hair, tried to do ghd curls once, but no dice.

So easy! You just grab a section of hair at a time and clamp down

Advertisement