Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Usual Waiting Time...Dublin North?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I had written off to the super yesterday requesting that I be granted the "S" and highlighted my reasons, referring to the FCA1. I also asked that the the reduced number of rounds be reconsidered, as it went from a request of 2500 to an allowance of 1000, which I can work with, but I had given some serious thought to the number I requested.

I got a response just now. The suppressor has been granted and a new cert will be printed. The rounds stay at 1000, but hey, you can't get everything you ask for. Overall, I am satisfied.

Still waiting on the shotgun decision though. I would expect to get news this week hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

goz83 wrote: »
    I had written off to the super yesterday requesting that I be granted the "S" and highlighted my reasons, referring to the FCA1. I also asked that the the reduced number of rounds be reconsidered, as it went from a request of 2500 to an allowance of 1000, which I can work with, but I had given some serious thought to the number I requested.

I got a response just now. The suppressor has been granted and a new cert will be printed. The rounds stay at 1000, but hey, you can't get everything you ask for. Overall, I am satisfied.

Still waiting on the shotgun decision though. I would expect to get news this week hopefully.

Good result on the suppressor. On the ammo request, did you supply a letter spelling out your case why you needed 2500 rounds or did you just put a figure of 2500 down on the FAC1 form?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

As above a good result. The 1,000 is still very adequate and you have the suppressor. All things considered a good result.

As for the shotgun, if you got the above you'll have no issue getting it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Good result on the suppressor. On the ammo request, did you supply a letter spelling out your case why you needed 2500 rounds or did you just put a figure of 2500 down on the FAC1 form?

Yeah, I highlighted a number of reasons, including the spent rounds being counted as ammo. In the recent email, I explained that ammo was expensive at the range and I would use alot, so I would buy in bulk to save. I reckon that's why I was given 1000. I have been hearing that people are getting a max of 500 as of late....sometimes alot less.

Grant for the shotgun came just now. After the day I had yesterday.....this is a very welcome letter. only 25% reduction in requested rounds, which is fine by me. 750 will do me grand. Off to the Post Office this morning so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

That's you all sorted now until you go for the pistol license!!!!!!! How long was that from start to finish ?

Luckysasha wrote: »
    That's you all sorted now until you go for the pistol license!!!!!!! How long was that from start to finish ?

More than 17 weeks in to get both Grant letters.

I'm looking at a shotgun one of the lads is selling here, but i'm smashed at the moment. But, yes, I will definitely be looking into pistols soon.

Paid at PO already. Hopefully this time next week I will have the license, or latest Monday week, so I can take her back to the house after a range visit for a proper strip down and clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭SVI40

I just got my grant letter on Wednesday,for a .22, only 19 weeks after first applying for it!

SVI40 wrote: »
    I just got my grant letter on Wednesday,for a .22, only 19 weeks after first applying for it!

Crazy, but at least they have all arrived

Do I hold the record with 10 days from dropping the form in with the FO to having the actual license in my hand ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Luckysasha wrote:
    Do I hold the record with 10 days from dropping the form in with the FO to having the actual license in my hand

Sorry.....I got my new hornet license last year dropped form in on Friday by hand collected gun on Saturday 8 days. Our FO is brilliant too fast when you have a small fortune to spend.

At this moment I am current for the next three years, however I recieved a letter for each one stating I'd receive an answer in 3 months after the licenses were renewed.....😂

Everything happens quicker in gods country. Us Monaghan men are a wee bit behind you. Still a lot faster than the city boys though!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

All renewals accepted. Grant letter issued about two weeks after I dropped in the form. The lads in Wexford though are usually sound and don't hang about.

Interesting to see if I still have my ammo allowance.
    Hoping the S comes through again - think I had it get the cert reissued the last.

License in the door this morning. Happy days!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭tomtucker81

Left in application on March 15th if I recall correctly. Received letter today. Just back from the post office.

Left in application on March 15th if I recall correctly. Received letter today. Just back from the post office.

What station?

Same as yours I believe. Beside the chocolate factory!

The old man used to work there......cheeeeep chocolate :D

3 months is better than 4. Good improvement.

Yeah he seems quicker than when I applied for the shotgun renewal last year. Maybe he's getting the hang of it. But still it's frustrating considering the now retired sergeant would have a renewal to you in a week or two.

Advertisement