Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Pay Trio sim for Broadband only?

• 31-01-2016 3:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to use a three sim for mobile broadband only. I see that for €20 a month you can get a voice plan sim only that includes all you can eat unlimited data on pay as you go.
    • Free All You Can Eat Data
    • Unlimited Any Network texts
    • Unlimited Any Network weekend calls
    • Free Three to Three calls
    • Free 4G Access

Is there any reason that I would not be able use this in a Huawei dongle for broadband only? It seems a cheaper way of getting mobile broadband than some of the other broadband only plans that they offer.

Or is there something obvious that would prevent me from doing so?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Lets not discuss the elephant in the room just in case he goes wondering off somewhere and doesn't come back. He does however have a big smiley face painted on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Nothing will prevent you from using the prepaid all you can eat data sim in a mobile broadband modem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

AFAIK there's a fair usage limit of 15GB of Broadband usage.....the fourth bullet point here:

http://www.three.ie/terms-conditions/services/prepay-price-plan-terms-conditions/

• Advertisement

exaisle wrote: »
    AFAIK there's a fair usage limit of 15GB of Broadband usage.....the fourth bullet point here:

http://www.three.ie/terms-conditions/services/prepay-price-plan-terms-conditions/

Well the more people that believe that the better :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

my3cents wrote: »
    Well the more people that believe that the better :D

I'm open to correction.....seeing that I'm currently paying €39.99 for 60GB...

exaisle wrote: »
    I'm open to correction.....seeing that I'm currently paying €39.99 for 60GB...

You obviously didn't see that elephant in the room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Do you think that this elephant would work in Three MiFi ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭flutered

i am using a 20 euro sim, in a hueawi modem, all you could eat data, the speed is not great, some nights it can run kodi on a fire tv stick, other nights no, it does last the month, i watch a movie any night i can, i am surfing the web 12 hours a day, from 0.70-3.5 download, it goes off right on the second it is supposed to, hope this helps

• Advertisement

Discodog wrote: »
    Do you think that this elephant would work in Three MiFi ?

His trunk has been known to confuse a Mifi device for a phone, I think he needs glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭i_steal_sheep

Hi, sorry to dig up an old thread...
    I have a three broadband hotspot / mifi. I was using a prepaid sim in it and was planning on topping it up monthly with 20 euro to have free broadband. However, when I top up online, the unlimited broadband does not work - instead it charges me per MB and I think I'm getting around 1GB for the 20Euro. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Hi, sorry to dig up an old thread...
    I have a three broadband hotspot / mifi. I was using a prepaid sim in it and was planning on topping it up monthly with 20 euro to have free broadband. However, when I top up online, the unlimited broadband does not work - instead it charges me per MB and I think I'm getting around 1GB for the 20Euro. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Is it a prepay mobile sim, or a prepay broadband sim? It needs to be a mobile sim, opted in to the €20 deal.

Advertisement