Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

German Shepherd/Labrador cross puppy which food to give?

• 31-01-2016 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hey we've a 6 month old GSD/Lab cross and we're feeding him Beta Large Breed puppy which the vet recommended to us. We feed him 2-3 times a day with 2 cups of food in his bowl. When eating he hurry's it down, I've noticed his poop sometimes is loose & others they're solid. I was thinking of putting him on a raw feed diet as I've read online that its beneficial for certain breeds to be on a raw feed. I've found a place online that sell raw feed & are based in Clondalkin.

http://www.carnivorekellys.ie/collections/famous-meat-mix-chubs

I'm open to hear what people recommend & if anyone else who raw feeds their dog any places that they get them from that are good value for money & any pointers to doing it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

My 9 month old German Shepherd is on Markus Muhle NatureNah from zooplus.ie and is doing really well on it. His poo has gone from difficult to pick up to easy to pick up since I changed him over. :o

A lot of people recommend feeding raw, I'd be tempted to try it myself but I find the cost and the smell of it off putting, you also need a lot of storage space for their food. I know people who have bought chest freezers just to store their raw dog food.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭3dogs

I raw feed 3 with just one drawer in the freezer, my 3 in total eat about 1.2kg a day. I have taken the salad drawer out of the bottom of the fridge and i store about 3 days worth there and using the chubbs and minces from Carnivore Kellys ( the place in Clondalkin) I can fit about 3 weeks worth into my freezer - i'm really good at tetris :)

My youngest dog is a collie cross - possibly husky, or shepherd and she has thrived on the raw diet

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 227 ✭✭Dubs1990

I feed my 7 month old German shepherd markus muhle black angus junior , I find it great I suppliment some salmon oil and he's doing great on it . You'll find it on zooplus , Also many other good brands that people recommend on here !

Advertisement