Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cancelling eir

Options
  • 31-01-2016 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

whats the story with cancelling after about a month after being lied to by a sales rep? i got fibre after switching from sky and the service is a joke. videos buffering, slow and in general it's just terrible. sky is a far better service.

download speeds of 4mbps and upload speeds of 1mbps, this cant go on so i want to cancel as this is not the service advertised. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

whats the story with cancelling after about a month after being lied to by a sales rep? i got fibre after switching from sky and the service is a joke. videos buffering, slow and in general it's just terrible. sky is a far better service.

download speeds of 4mbps and upload speeds of 1mbps, this cant go on so i want to cancel as this is not the service advertised. 
    Hi hawkeyethenoo

There is a 14 day cooling offer period where you can cancel without fees however if the service is not cancelled within the 14 days and you wish to cancel after this you will need to lodge an official complaint to contest the early cancellation charges which would apply.

Once a complaint is lodged it will be investigated and you will have a response outlining eirs position within 20 days. You can lodge a complaint online here: https://www.eir.ie/logacomplaint.jsp or by calling 1800303600

If you are experiencing technical issues I would highly recommend calling the technical support team on free phone 1901 (option 2) or on Local 1890260260.

Also, If you would like me to look in to your broadband issue please feel free to send me a PM including your eir account number and I'll run some tests.

Than
    Al

Advertisement