Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parking Fine

Options
  • 31-01-2016 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hey all,
    recently received a warning of court summons for an unpaid parking fine on the 23rd December. I remember the day well and I don't recall seeing a fine on the windshield. The fine is for not displaying a valid tax disc, which is true. But i have my car taxed now is there anyway I can bluff them? Or is there any way I can appeal the decision. Its Kerry Co Co if that makes any difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

How long was the tax out?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,519 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

So the car was not displaying a tax disc and was not taxed but was parked in a public place and you were fined for such?

If the above is true there's no way you could bluff them without making up lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭tommyhayes1989

A month, but have i no recourse if there was no slip on my windshield? This is the first correspondence ive gotten

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

In what way do you think you can bluff them? Are you planning on showing them the current disc and hoping they dont look past the big date to see the date of issue on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

A month, but have i no recourse if there was no slip on my windshield? This is the first correspondence ive gotten

I've seen people get away with worse, a friend was stopped during the summer with his car 9 months out of tax the Garda told him to tax it and he's still driving around with the same tax disc. The Garda obviously didn't record it.With the summons it's a different story though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Sam Kade wrote: »
    I've seen people get away with worse, a friend was stopped during the summer with his car 9 months out of tax the Garda told him to tax it and he's still driving around with the same tax disc. The Garda obviously didn't record it.With the summons it's a different story though.
    Which is exactly why this idea of Garda discretion is bull****. Too many people learn nothing from being given a chance. They know they can safely do things like use a bus lanes 5 days a week to and from work because the chance of being caught is slim enough an even then they'll probably have to get caught twice by the same Gard in a timeframe they remember its the same person to actually get punished.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

I received a fine before for non display of tax, car was taxed I had just forgotten to put disc in, had got it only the previous day, but as fine is for non display of tax there is nothing you can do.

Now I didn't get any ticket on the day, the fine was sent to my house so are you sure you havn't received a fine to you address already and missed it somehow, they don't put a ticket on your windscreen for this they just send out fine.

Advertisement