Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Forerunner 220 GPS Issue

Options
  • 31-01-2016 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

Just wondering does any other users have any issues with watch?

I ran my 1st race yesterday with watch, St Anne's Park Run, Most of the other runners I spoke to after run got close enough to 5K which is what i'd expect, I clocked 4.80 Kms which is way off in my opinion. I'm using the latest firmware 3.10, I've also done a hard reboot.

https://connect.garmin.com/activity/1032441209

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Presuming you ran on the path which is what the course is measured by, you can see that you 'cut' the corners or at least the GPS did. Normal enough behaviour IMO with GPS and 90 degree bends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

There is a lot of tree cover on those sharp turns and hence you can see the "curvy" bends plotted by your GPS which is struggling to accurately track your route. Its an acknowledged issue on that course for most people. Other runners may have ran some of the bends a little wider which were picked up. Just a thought.

Your recorded 4.88km is about my average recording for the course as well and I am using the same watch as yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Thanks Denis..will just have to run bends a bit wider next time. I was just worried that there was a problem with watch. There are a few people on the garmin forum with GPS issues with the FR220.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Have mine for almost 2 years. The HRM strap needs very regular washing and wiping to function well. In general I have found the watch to be good and reliable company for my needs and budget. With that I've probably put on a hex on the thing now.

Advertisement