Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wholesale Super(value)quinn Chicken Fillets

Options
  • 31-01-2016 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy wholesale the breaded chicken fillets Superquinn (that now operate as a Supervalu as opposed to the ones sold in shops that were always a Supervalu)?

Looking to pick up a large quantity and would prefer not to be paying 2.99 per fillet retail!

Any help is appreciated-thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Most Supervalu stores are owned independently. So it's as simple as calling in and asking them for a deal.

Margin on dressed meats are good as they have to allow for waste, so a guaranteed order of a hundred + would probably see a price south of €2.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Man11

VincePP wrote: »
    Most Supervalu stores are owned independently. So it's as simple as calling in and asking them for a deal.

Margin on dressed meats are good as they have to allow for waste, so a guaranteed order of a hundred + would probably see a price south of €2.

contact musgraves , who basically own supervalue franchise

Man11 wrote: »
    contact musgraves , who basically own supervalue franchise

Afaik, the chicken fillets are dressed instore and not supplied "finished"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Have you asked from the counter for a bulk discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

VincePP wrote: »
    Afaik, the chicken fillets are dressed instore and not supplied "finished"

That's incorrect there supplied finished I worked for Musgraves. There's a few different types, there on sale in the cash and carry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Time2GetFit

Thanks all for the assistance so far.

My understanding (and could be v wrong) was a number of the Supervalus were independently owned but the ones that were a Superquinn in a previous life weren't so they wouldn't be in a position to cut you a deal. Now I haven't asked my local shop so I may be off with this.

Also I am looking for the Superquinn dressed fillets as opposed to the ones you see in the other Supervalus.

Musgraves might be the best bet so. In musgraves can you get Superquinn Sausages or just regular sausages cause if they just do regular sausages it might be the same with regular chicken fillets.

Note: I'm not even sure if musgraves do meats like sausages so the above might make no sense to somone in the know! If that's the case apologies in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭power101

Thanks all for the assistance so far.

My understanding (and could be v wrong) was a number of the Supervalus were independently owned but the ones that were a Superquinn in a previous life weren't so they wouldn't be in a position to cut you a deal. Now I haven't asked my local shop so I may be off with this.

Also I am looking for the Superquinn dressed fillets as opposed to the ones you see in the other Supervalus.

Musgraves might be the best bet so. In musgraves can you get Superquinn Sausages or just regular sausages cause if they just do regular sausages it might be the same with regular chicken fillets.

Note: I'm not even sure if musgraves do meats like sausages so the above might make no sense to somone in the know! If that's the case apologies in advance.

You can get basically anything food or food service wise in Musgraves. They absolutely do large quantities of sausages. Just beware they are certainly not the cheapest.

power101 wrote: »
    You can get basically anything food or food service wise in Musgraves. They absolutely do large quantities of sausages. Just beware they are certainly not the cheapest.

Thanks power101 for the heads up on the prices. Apologies if this appears like labouring the point but when you say "large quantities of sausages" do you mean you can get large quantities of Superquinn sausages or just generic butcher sausages? The reason I differentiate is dependant on the answer I assume it's a similar approach for the breaded fillets as they use different types of fillets at the deli depending if you're in an old superquinn or a Supervalu.

Thanks again all-your feedback has been v informative.

Thanks power101 for the heads up on the prices. Apologies if this appears like labouring the point but when you say "large quantities of sausages" do you mean you can get large quantities of Superquinn sausages or just generic butcher sausages? The reason I differentiate is dependant on the answer I assume it's a similar approach for the breaded fillets as they use different types of fillets at the deli depending if you're in an old superquinn or a Supervalu.

Thanks again all-your feedback has been v informative.

You're never going to get an accurate answer here, pick up the phone and call your local Musgrave wholesalers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Think they get all their fresh chicken and fillets from DC Poultry in Grenouge. If that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭aisling86

Musgrave own the old superquinn stores. Are they the bone in Kiev & Maryland? Supplier is Shannonvale. Musgrave wholesale (cash & carry) use different suppliers.

aisling86 wrote: »
    Musgrave own the old superquinn stores. Are they the bone in Kiev & Maryland? Supplier is Shannonvale. Musgrave wholesale (cash & carry) use different suppliers.

Thanks Aisling86......no the ones I'm after are the ones they use in their wraps at the hot deli.

I acknowledge that I won't know for sure until I ring Musgraves but I was just looking for some insight before I make that call.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

To answer your sausage question, the Superquinn sausages are available nationwide in Supervalu and Centra stores, they still use Superquinn branding on the package.

I have no idea if this has any bearing on their breaded chicken supply though.

hardCopy wrote: »
    To answer your sausage question, the Superquinn sausages are available nationwide in Supervalu and Centra stores, they still use Superquinn branding on the package.

hardCopy wrote: »

Thanks hardcopy and since Supervalu, Centra etc are owned by Musgraves is it possible to get the actual Superquinn sausages (branded or not) in Musgraves or are they supplied through a different channel?

I have never seen the breaded chicken (used in wraps) in another retailer outside of those that were once a Superquinn.

Thanks hardcopy and since Supervalu, Centra etc are owned by Musgraves is it possible to get the actual Superquinn sausages (branded or not) in Musgraves or are they supplied through a different channel?

I have never seen the breaded chicken (used in wraps) in another retailer outside of those that were once a Superquinn.

OH FFS, do you not read the responses??? No one here works for musgraves and therefore cannot answer definitively, pick up a phone.
    If you want to do a simple panned chicken breast, like what you get in a chicken fillet roll, and do it cost effectively, you'd be wiser to actually hire a chef to make them up for you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I don't know, sorry.

I can't say I've noticed any significant difference between the local former Superquinn, Texaco petrol station and spar shop where I would regularly get lunch.

Are they a different flavour or quality or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

What? :confused:

Every corner shop that has a bit of a deli counter does these!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    What? :confused:

Every corner shop that has a bit of a deli counter does these!

Hi-yeah, they are different in a 'superquinn' as opposed to your regular ones.

Thanks all for feedback-waiting on a call back from Musgraves so hopefully they can shed a bit more light on things.

Cheers everyone!

As the OP has said, he is looking for the very specific Superquinn breaded chicken fillets (you need tohave tasted these to knwo they are substantially different to the cheap fillets in regular delis) and superquinn sausages.

Musgrave do not sell these in their cash and carry stores as they keep them just for their own stores and even then possibly just for the old superquinn ones.

The Superquinn fillets are dressed instore using a bread crumb / spices mix that is supplied pre-mixed. they have never been "bought in". Its one of the reaosns they taste so well and why they are quite a bt more expensive than the cheap frozen / predressed variety.

The op could simply create their own crumb/spice mix or perhaps approach a local butcher to create something close to the superquinn version.

• Advertisement

As the OP has said, he is looking for the very specific Superquinn breaded chicken fillets (you need tohave tasted these to knwo they are substantially different to the cheap fillets in regular delis) and superquinn sausages.

Musgrave do not sell these in their cash and carry stores as they keep them just for their own stores and even then possibly just for the old superquinn ones.

The Superquinn fillets are dressed instore using a bread crumb / spices mix that is supplied pre-mixed. they have never been "bought in". Its one of the reaosns they taste so well and why they are quite a bt more expensive than the cheap frozen / predressed variety.

The op could simply create their own crumb/spice mix or perhaps approach a local butcher to create something close to the superquinn version.

Advertisement