Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veggie mince in Aldi

Options
  • 31-01-2016 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

I could not find any previous posts which mentioned this so I just thought I would post it here for anyone who is interested.

I got some Vegetarian mince in Aldi yesterday. At only €1.99 per bag (454g) it is a much cheaper alternative to the large bags (500g) of Quorn mince which usually cost €4.39 in Tesco.

I made a spaghetti bolognese from it and it tasted exactly like it does when I use the Quorn mince so I think I will switch to using it from now on.

The brand name is "Mae's Kitchen" and they also do veggie burgers which are not bad either.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Just had it tonight in a bolognese dish for the first time actually, can confirm it's really not much different. Maybe a little chewier, but only ever so slightly. Definitely worth the saving anyway, I'll probably use this in future!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Lazy Bhoy

They had it in Aldi a couple of months ago too. I think it was around the end of October, but when I went back the following week they were sold out so I thought it was just a one-off.

I haven't seen it again since, until now so hopefully they will keep stocking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Maxthedm

I remember looking for this in Nov/Dec and couldn't find any, but that was when they were bringing in their xmas stock, so maybe they were just making room for that. I'll look again this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Stock of veggie stuff is very erratic in Aldi, I got really nice sausages there a while back... never seen since. I got Nut Cutlets there too... once! I'll drop in again this week just in case. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭spiralbound

It's good stuff, and vegan to boot!

• Advertisement
Advertisement