Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hostgator

Options
  • 31-01-2016 11:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭

Just a quick question about hostgator. Any videos i watch about building a website shows it uses hostgator. Im not that savvy with computers but i would be able to follow the videos on how to build my website, only thing that worries me is that the hostgator seems very american to me and will i have any problems building an irish website and getting my traffic here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Discussion of hosting providers is prohibited on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Seems a strange rule. I assume it's due to something that happened a while ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Xenoronin wrote: »
    Seems a strange rule. I assume it's due to something that happened a while ago?

Yup.
    LoLth wrote: »
    11. Discussion or recommendation of web hosting companies, or the packages offered by various web hosts is not permitted on boards.ie owing to a long, long history of these types of threads not working. This is non-negotiable.

Since many of these hosting providers also provide domain registration services, discussion or recommendation of these providers is also banned.

Advertisement