Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USC AND PRSI REDUCTIONS

Options
  • 01-02-2016 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

My employer does not give me the reductions from usc and prsi. I continue to get same wages each year .is this legal please help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

pluszap wrote: »
    My employer does not give me the reductions from usc and prsi. I continue to get same wages each year .is this legal please help

Depends.

Has he agreed to pay you a "net amount" each week ?

If so, increases or reductions won't arise. Swings and roundabouts !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,969 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I do not believe that nett pay agreements are legal.

OP, what does your payslip say - are you being charged PRSI and USC? Did you use one of the on-line calculators to see how much difference it would make to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,969 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

OP, what does your payslip say - are you being charged PRSI and USC? Did you use one of the on-line calculators to see how much difference it would make to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭pluszap

Yes I am charged usc and prsi and tax every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Common enough practice by employers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    Common enough practice by employers.

Yip, employer agrees to pay X amount each week net of deductions. The problem for the employer arises when a canny employee transfers all their tax credits to their spouse and the employer then gets hit with a huge tax bill in relation to the empkoyee's wage.

Advertisement