Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lidl Perlenbacher Premium Pils

• 01-02-2016 4:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭

lidl deal at the moment on Perlenbacher Premium Pils 4.9% alc €7.29 for 8 500ml bottles in XXL box. Best before... 27.09.2016 :) I only checked in lidl beside JC's supermarket swords Co. Dublin but I'd say they are selling in most lidl stores, just give a quick call to make sure the one closest to you is doing the same deal.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Saw them in Gorey last night but they were the not as nice green boxed ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Saw some old lad piling up the crates into his trolley last night. That explains it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Boskowski wrote: »
    Saw some old lad piling up the crates into his trolley last night. That explains it.

You caught me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭Moanin

I don't think it's as nice as when it was in the brown bottles, plus I think it's bottled in France and not Germany like it used to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Moanin wrote: »
    I don't think it's as nice as when it was in the brown bottles, plus I think it's bottled in France and not Germany like it used to.

I can't see on the labels of where it was made, it doesn't seem to give that information as far as I can see. Germany triple filters its beers but France I'm not sure if their water purification is as stringent. Tastes ok anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Back next week 23 May
    8x500ml €7.29

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

snubbleste wrote: »
    Back next week 23 May
    8x500ml €7.29

Yahoo!!!! Have been waiting for this for ages cheers snubbleste happy days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭andrew1977

snubbleste wrote: »
    Back next week 23 May
    8x500ml €7.29

Woooooohoooooooo, thank you.

That has brightened up my dreary Wednesday morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭NinetyForNone

Are they brining back the brown bottles? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭stanley1

last lot was the green bottles, not great to be honest.

• Advertisement

stanley1 wrote: »
    last lot was the green bottles, not great to be honest.

I agree although for the price and when well chilled, they're still not the worst beer ever. I for one am happy.......;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

What was the difference the colour of bottle?
    Father likes this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭NinetyForNone

Green bottles come from France and brown bottles were made in Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭Moanin

bigpink wrote: »
    What was the difference the colour of bottle?
    Father likes this

New brew with green bottles from France doesn't taste as good as when it was brewed in Germany in brown bottles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭RayCon

66652715.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

ooooh 2 free is exactly the same as 25% off 8 bottles compared to paying the same amount for 6. I used my superior math skills to calculate that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

ooooh 2 free is exactly the same as 25% off 8 bottles compared to paying the same amount for 6. I used my superior math skills to calculate that.
    Busy-At-Maths-1-First-Class-192x274.jpg

Lidl here I come on the way home from work.
    Going to stock up on it in preparation for the Euros coming up in a couple of weeks
    A month of cheap nice beer and football on the tv , perfect:D

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Lidl here I come on the way home from work.
    Going to stock up on it in preparation for the Euros coming up in a couple of weeks
    A month of cheap nice beer and football on the tv , perfect:D

Leave some for me...... happy days :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭prodsc

It is green bottle!

• Advertisement

Is the green bottle not the same as the beer in the brown bottle? I bought a 6 pack last week and actually found it to be a rather decent clean beer, was expecting this to be the same beer but with 2 free bottles....

Actually just realised I was confused, the beer I bought last week was Rheinbacher or something like that.

Actually just realised I was confused, the beer I bought last week was Rheinbacher or something like that.

That's the Aldi version which is really nice. The Lidl Perlenbacher in the green bottle isn't quite as nice in my opinion. It seems to be slightly sweeter and someone here said it's brewed in France rather then Germany. Having said all that 8 bottles for the price of 6 is a bargain and I for one will be stocking up..... sorry liver :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Green bottles come from France and brown bottles were made in Germany.

more on that in this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057463662

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭prodsc

Just checked my green bottles. Looks like they are made in germany! Dutch info says "geproduceerd in Duitsland" , French "Elabore en Allemagne" and the Romanian info refers to German purity 1516.

So long as it tastes good. So much for a dry Monday!

Stocked up on the way home from work, the rattle of bottles from the boot of the car as I crossed a bump in the road😄

I bought 2 boxes. Loads in LK Lidl. They dont even have the price next them them, so you wouldnt know they were on offer at all, especially when you see the normal 6 pack still on the shelf for 7.29c.

Im going to get absolutely steaming tonight anyway, so will soon know how they are and if theyre worth buying more in preparation for Euro 2016.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,769 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

33.3% extra free sounds better though

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Loads of them in LIDL naas - just sitting there.... waiting to be bought....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Was just in Artane but none there so settled for a single 6 pack. Big crate of that of course.

Oooooh my head.

Well as much as it was an OKish drink, I would not buy them again. They are a far cry from the Rheinbacher found in Aldi, its vastly superior in every way. I rarely drink, so when I am I no longer drink anything just for the sake of it, I want to enjoy the flavour and it really just tasted like a rather generic chemical laden headache inducing beer.

I have had much worse of course, but it just is not for me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Last batch I got from Aldi appeared to indicatd it was French on the labelling despite still mentioning the German purity law.
    Definitely tasted different to the previous one, before they changed the labelling...

E=TireeTerror;99824829]Oooooh my head.

Well as much as it was an OKish drink, I would not buy them again. They are a far cry from the Rheinbacher found in Aldi, its vastly superior in every way. I rarely drink, so when I am I no longer drink anything just for the sake of it, I want to enjoy the flavour and it really just tasted like a rather generic chemical laden headache inducing beer.

I have had much worse of course, but it just is not for me at all.[/QUOTE]

Green bottles but brewed in Germany in this 8 pack. unlike the 6 pack green which are brewed in France. Haven't tried one yet. Hopefully it's the same stuff that was in the brown bottles. The ones brewed in France are poor.

glasso wrote: »
    Green bottles but brewed in Germany in this 8 pack. unlike the 6 pack green which are brewed in France. Haven't tried one yet. Hopefully it's the same stuff that was in the brown bottles. The ones brewed in France are poor.

tasted one. not as good as the old brown bottles imo. maybe 'cos they're short dated as pointed out. (although feb 2017 on the ones that I got). bring back the good old brown ones Lidl!

glasso wrote: »
    tasted one. not as good as the old brown bottles imo. maybe 'cos they're short dated as pointed out. (although feb 2017 on the ones that I got). bring back the good old brown ones Lidl!

+1

• Advertisement
Advertisement