Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

MZ RT 125

• 01-02-2016 9:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Bought my first bike at the weekend, a 2002 MZ RT 125.

I am aware of the current non-existence of the company and have researched and found several parts sellers online, mostly in Germany of course.

I am living in Switzerland so the parts from Germany isnt a problem, but I would like to know if there are any MZ fans here or possibly people who own a new model RT 125 as my mechanical knowledge of bikes is almost null.

Cars...no problem! Bikes....no clue.

If someone here knows any sites for MZ parts could they forward them on please.

Many thanks,

Ardennes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I have an 1998 Mz mastiff660 but it mostly made up of different parts.
    Not too familiar with the RT125 but id say ebay is probably your best bet.
    Do you need parts or are you just thinking where to get them if you need them down the line?

Here's mine and I absolutely love it
    222C0BAC-63A6-441F-8943-1A09E99B1648_zpssv2xhwle.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Thanks for reply, that is a nice looking machine!

Im just being proactive, and yes there are quite a few parts on ebay, as well as several other websites I have bookmarked.
    There seems to be more parts available for the SM dirtbike version of the RT which shares most of the same parts at least.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 126 ✭✭Whyohwhy?

Sign up to biker . ie, go to the intro page, introduce yer self and ask around. I know there's one guy into his mz's, goes over to the old factory every year I think. Knows an old lad there who bought a part of it, including some of the tooling etc. Afaik he makes small part runs. Worth a shot.

Plenty of enthusiastic owners out there, shouldn't be too tricky to source parts. By all accounts them yokes are rugged as fcuk, nigh on bulletproof. Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Many thanks for the information!

I'll sign up and do exactly that.

All the best!

Advertisement