Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cats pupil wont constrict, looks different

• 01-02-2016 10:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭

Our cat Ripley has 1 green eye and 1 blue. The green eye looks perfectly normal, the pupil constricts to a very small slit and dilates to almost her entire iris, the pupil itself has very defined edges.

However, a few days ago I noticed that the pupil in the blue eye looks different. It still dilates fully, but doesn't constrict to the same small slit as the other, it stays more of a circle shape, instead of a vertical oval. Also, the edges of the pupil are less defined than the other side, its more of a blurry edge.

There's no cloudiness on the pupil.

I know this will probably require a vet visit, but just thought I'd see if any one else has experienced this.

I couldn't get a picture of it, but I found this one online and it looks pretty much the same, see how the pupil on the blue side isn't as defined and constricted as the other.

12770000_f260_zpssywuytgz.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

I havent experienced it but I would say that if this is new, ie, a change in how it used to look, then she should see a vet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Honestly, since it's something new then take him to the vet. This can actually be the result of lots of things, from neurological degradation in that eye, to high blood pressure.

Without being seen by someone qualified, there's not really any useful information you can get here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Billiethepup

OP you're right - it requires a vet visit. Anyone looking an giving an opinion without an ophthalmoscope is probably a waste of time.

PS gorgeous cat!

Advertisement