Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

^^^ Doesn't sound like it's fully fixed so I'd send it back.

Received the 1st July security update last night. Will this phone ever be updated to 7.1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

Anyone interested in my s7 edge before I put it on adverts? Like new SIM free not a scratch on it. Going to get pictures when ive a bit of free time tomorrow. Feel free to pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I would send that back for sure. It's supposed to be fixed, not have additional damage.

Anyone get a 30MB BTU update today? Just popped up on S7 Edge this afternoon.

I'm actually thinking of selling my Edge as well, I'm fed up with the edge panel. It is a pain in the ar5e. Must have a look on adverts to see what I could get for it.
    j14 wrote: »
    Just got my phone back from a warranty repair (the back glass came away from the phone). They also replaced the screen as it had a vertical green line on it.
    My new repaired screen now has a black dead zone.

Would it be cheeky to send it back again?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

rizzee wrote:
    Anyone interested in my s7 edge before I put it on adverts? Like new SIM free not a scratch on it. Going to get pictures when ive a bit of free time tomorrow. Feel free to pm.

Thinking of upgrading mine too, what's a fair price for these in perfect condition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

I would send that back for sure. It's supposed to be fixed, not have additional damage.

Anyone get a 30MB BTU update today? Just popped up on S7 Edge this afternoon.

I'm actually thinking of selling my Edge as well, I'm fed up with the edge panel. It is a pain in the ar5e. Must have a look on adverts to see what I could get for it.

first thing i done when i got the phone was to disable the edge panel as i knew it would be annoying

• Advertisement

Thinking of upgrading mine too, what's a fair price for these in perfect condition?

Yeah I found a s8 t a decent price so will be selling her s6 edge and my s7 edge shortly. I'd say around the 350 to 400 mark depending on what it comes with etc.

I meant the actual screen itself :o
    first thing i done when i got the phone was to disable the edge panel as i knew it would be annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Another update available for BTU firmware. 260mb.

Only difference I can see is Samsung Pay is now promoted with a notification.

Another update available for BTU firmware. 260mb.

Only difference I can see is Samsung Pay is now promoted with a notification.

I installed this update and since then, my home screen icons are shifted down a little. See the screenshots below.

424639.png424640.png

Keith186 wrote: »

Received the 1st July security update last night. Will this phone ever be updated to 7.1?

What features from 7.1 do you need?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Is it normal to have battery issues after just 17 months? In the past few weeks I've noticed the battery draining a lot quicker and now when it's around 35-40% it will just die completely. When I plug it in it says it's 0%.

Can you get a replacement battery if it comes to it?

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Is it normal to have battery issues after just 17 months? In the past few weeks I've noticed the battery draining a lot quicker and now when it's around 35-40% it will just die completely. When I plug it in it says it's 0%.

Can you get a replacement battery if it comes to it?

Yes, you can contact Samsung and get your battery replaced for free.

Just sold mine for the price I paid for it 3/4 months ago. Time to try an s8 .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Looking for your valuable advice please.

I'm considering buying the S7 Edge due to the price dropping since the S8.

Considering the S7 Edge is 1 year old plus some, would owners recommend this phone?

I've done loads of reading on XDA and on this thread but too many pages to read them all.

What is battery life like nowadays?
    About how many hours screen on time are you getting on 4G?

Have owners experienced many hardware issues? E.g. pink line on the screen?

Should I buy? :D

biebiebie wrote: »
    Looking for your valuable advice please.

I'm considering buying the S7 Edge due to the price dropping since the S8.

Considering the S7 Edge is 1 year old plus some, would owners recommend this phone?

I've done loads of reading on XDA and on this thread but too many pages to read them all.

What is battery life like nowadays?
    About how many hours screen on time are you getting on 4G?

Have owners experienced many hardware issues? E.g. pink line on the screen?

Should I buy? :D

The price difference is the reason I'm going to the s8. For me there's only 160 euro of a difference in the price of the phones and I feel I can justify that with my usage and know that it is more future proof.

Mine had excellent battery life, 4g and GPS always on, around 1.5-2 days til battery low.

I heard the edge itself is supposed to be a pain in the arse. Crappy palm rejection. Maybe they've fixed it in recent updates.

I heard the edge itself is supposed to be a pain in the arse. Crappy palm rejection. Maybe they've fixed it in recent updates.

Really? Is this still true?

rizzee wrote: »
    The price difference is the reason I'm going to the s8.

How cheap is the S8?
    The S7 edge can be bought for €440 brand new.

How cheap is the S8?

I got my s7 edge for 380 brand new. Sold it for 380 and another 20 for an otterbox I had. S8 for 559 on adverts sealed brand new.

I'm looking for an S8 on adverts too. This one can only be used with Vodafone or abroad. Any idea why?

http://www.adverts.ie/13570582

• Advertisement

I wouldn't look at it twice and instead just pay the extra 120 or so for something with a shop receipt that's sim free.

That ad just sounds dodgy . Although a reputable seller but I would leave it.

rizzee wrote: »
    I wouldn't look at it twice and instead just pay the extra 120 or so for something with a shop receipt that's sim free.

That ad just sounds dodgy . Although a reputable seller but I would leave it.
    Same here. The "works abroad" bit was making me suspect IMEI barred, but that would surely mean it wouldn't work on Vodafone either.

Yeah sounds suspect.

There may well be a logical explanation. But if so then why not provide that info in the advert?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Do any of you actually use Adverts or know how it works?
    This guys feedback is exemplary, he's not going to risk tarnishing that with one Dodgy phone.

If you have a query about the phone make him a €1 offer so you can DM him and ask whatever you need to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

He probably got the S8 on upgrade and selling it on which is why it only works on Vodafone/abroad, His feedback says it all really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Personally speaking I wouldn't ever buy a second hand phone, I guess I worry that it could be blocked and all you are left with is a brick. Approach with caution I suppose.

Vahevala wrote: »
    Personally speaking I wouldn't ever buy a second hand phone, I guess I worry that it could be blocked and all you are left with is a brick. Approach with caution I suppose.

Hence why you can check feedback on Adverts.ie and be reassured.

The seller is selling an iPhone because he wants an S8 on Vodafone, yet his second advert is selling an S8 on Vodafone. Am I missing something? Definitely sounds a bit dodgy. Better to buy it new for additional 100 for warranty purposes alone.

The seller is selling an iPhone because he wants an S8 on Vodafone, yet his second advert is selling an S8 on Vodafone. Am I missing something? Definitely sounds a bit dodgy. Better to buy it new for additional 100 for warranty purposes alone.

Ya and start pricing a new tin foil hat also because a guy with 350 something positive feedback is clearly "Dodgy"

• Advertisement

Tin foil hat - are you some conspiracy theory nut?
    Accounts get hacked all the time. The contradictory adverts don't help.

Anyway, this is going way off topic. Enough from me on the seller.
    Ya and start pricing a new tin foil hat also because a guy with 350 something positive feedback is clearly "Dodgy"

Phone listing is deleted completely now. Not even in the withdrawn section.

Phone listing is deleted completely now. Not even in the withdrawn section.

All of us with our tin foil hats, he must have seen this thread :pac:

Have a brand new boxed black otterbox commuter series. With manuals and plastic screen protector for s7 edge if anyone would be interested? 15 euro. 39.99 in shop. Buyer of phone already bought a symmetry case for it so didnt want to buy this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Would it look bad on a regular S7?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Would it look bad on a regular S7?

I got an otterbox style case included when I got my s7 in March. If I find it you can have it if you like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

guil wrote:
    I got an otterbox style case included when I got my s7 in March. If I find it you can have it if you like?

I'd really appreciate that.. Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I just updated now and got prompted to install samsung pay. still downloading, I forgot I was even waiting for this to come out but my hopes are not high that it'll actually even work once installed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Patww79 wrote: »

Yep just tried to add a few different cards and none worked. Not surprised but still disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

How cheap is the S8?

Where can I get an new S7 for 440?

• Advertisement

Where can I get an new S7 for 440?

You won't. Even on adverts the like new ones are more than €440.
    Go by the old adage if it's too good to be true then it normally is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

They're €570 brand new from Komplett but that's €462 ex. Vat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

470ish is the best price I can find on Amazon for a new sim free. I was thinking 440 sounded a bit low.

Look on the adverts shops, I got a brand new one albeit was a Samsung replacement for 380 about 4 months ago.

You won't. Even on adverts the like new ones are more than €440.
    Go by the old adage if it's too good to be true then it normally is.

On what grounds do you say this?
    I can tell you that you are mistaken my friend.
    And I feel like I need to correct this misinformation.

Cheapest brand new recently had been €419.99 for the S7 edge.
    Nothing sinister about it either, sold by and dispatched by Amazon.
    Look and you shall find.. Although you'll need to use camel price watch ;)

470ish is the best price I can find on Amazon for a new sim free. I was thinking 440 sounded a bit low.

440 is actually a little high even now!
    Price for the S7 Edge has been as low as €419.99.. See my post above.

Is it worth it at that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Been using my HTC lately so the S7 was just sitting around on WiFi. Battery lasted 4 days 20 hours according to the stats! So the battery life is phenomenal once you don't use your phone at all haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Maysa07

I just updated now and got prompted to install samsung pay. still downloading, I forgot I was even waiting for this to come out but my hopes are not high that it'll actually even work once installed

I don't think it is available in Ireland yet. I use Android pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

can anybody direct me too a step by step guide to rooting and install a new rom on my s7 on a mac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Advertisement
Advertisement