Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I blasted it with a hairdryer for about 3 minutes and it was fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

Hi. I had something strange happen my phone this morning while it was charging. It was fast charging and going up as normal, then when it got to 97% it started draining the battery. As it drained the phone froze and then the screen went snowy. I have attached a pic. Has anyone seen this happen on their S7E before or have an explanation for it. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Hey guys been offered to swap my S7 edge for a pixel XL first Gen.

Anyone with any experience of both phones could advise me please.

I'm a bit reluctant mainly because of the non expandable 32gb but my last three phones have been Samsung's so really looking for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Oreo coming at the start of 2018 to Samsung devices. Devices TBC.

https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-android-8-0-oreo-update-schedule-809910/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭WexIan

Downloaded Oreo to my Nexus 9 tablet yesterday and my wife got it on her Nexus 5X phone, dont see much difference yet, havent had time to play around with it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

just got a sofware update for the s7 edge,450 mb or thereabouts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone notice the battery not lasting as long as before the update? I used to be able to get to 15 hours before it would even hit 30% now it's more like 12 hours and its in the teens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Going to try that and see if it helps! Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

testicles wrote: »

Not a chance!

guil wrote: »

That worked, I'm 16hrs and have 19% left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭micawber

Try turn on using recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up and Home keys - While pressing these, hold the Power key too.
    Navigate to clear cache, clear it and sorted problem for me.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The Samsung S7 Edge seems to be on sale currently and I need a new phone.

I'd be coming from a Nexus 5 which is a plain-vanilla Android install. Would I likely notice or be annoyed by Samsung bloatware or has it gotten better over the years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I use Nova so I just hide it all. Doesn't bother me because I don't see it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I've reserved an Edge in Argos as it's on sale. Does the curved screen work better or worse than a standard flat screen? I've seen people complain about glare so wondering if any here have had issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I did that clear cache thing.. holy fook the phone is flying again, everyone.. do the cache thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

I did that clear cache thing.. holy fook the phone is flying again, everyone.. do the cache thing!

Me too. Exact same from mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

My head was wrecked after I updated to nougat. Spent ages looking before I found that post lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

Any opinions on the pros and cons of the samsung s7 edge and the samsung s8

Should I get an s7 edge or s8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Folks.. Something really odd is happening my S7.. Since the last update the phone doesn't beep for notifications for any apps such as viber/whatsapp

Any idea how to fix that??

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

have you instructions to what you did please?

have you instructions to what you did please?

Turn phone off. Hold home button and volume up button while then turning the phone on with the lock button. It will boot into a mad looking menu. Use the volume down button to click through the list until you're on clear cache partition and then press the lock button on the right of the phone to select that option, then after that's done click the option to reboot the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Turn phone off. Hold home button and volume up button while then turning the phone on with the lock button. It will boot into a mad looking menu. Use the volume down button to click through the list until you're on clear cache partition and then press the lock button on the right of the phone to select that option, then after that's done click the option to reboot the phone

great, thanks, have done that now, will see how it works out

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

lads anybody point me in the right direction to root and install a custom rom on a macbook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭long_b

Getting a prompt for a large software update on Eir. Anyone know what it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭WexIan

I got the October security patch a few days ago from 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

lads anybody point me in the right direction to root and install a custom rom on a macbook

XDA... I had my S7 for about 2 weeks before I rooted it and flashed a ROM into it.

Best one out there for me I think is Superman ROM,gives you loads of options to select before you flash.

long_b wrote: »
    Getting a prompt for a large software update on Eir. Anyone know what it is?
    Myself too. Was it the security patch? The phone is new so I thought originally it was an Android update and have been holding off but it's on 7.0 - that's the latest on Samsung now, right until Oreo next year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭long_b

ixoy wrote: »
    Myself too. Was it the security patch? The phone is new so I thought originally it was an Android update and have been holding off but it's on 7.0 - that's the latest on Samsung now, right until Oreo next year?

Think it might have been the security update alright but it was very chunky - about 440MB

long_b wrote: »
    Think it might have been the security update alright but it was very chunky - about 440MB
    Yeah, which is why I thought "Ohh Nougat update!" before I saw I had it. I've just come from a Nexus 5 and the security patches were generally about 60mb (at least until I stopped getting them).
    Did you install it and see any difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Anyone get an S7 screen fixed recently? What cost did it come to?

Just received an update dated 30th Nov, does anyone know when we're due to get the update to next android version

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭canihave

Would anyone have any idea why each time I press the home key from an app I have to choose between home apps “touchwiz home” or “touchwiz easy home”? It is driving me nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Anyone ever come across an S7 Edge unable to access the play store , Took it in to pair in the crescent and they reckoned it was an enterprise phone from Samsung UK and nothing could be done with it, Like I can download all the apps I need from the apptoide store I'm just worried I'll run into problems down the line with updates and such

Bought it off Adverts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

Anybody here notice poor coverage on galaxy s7? It's fine in good areas, but poor in weaker areas. Phone either doesn't ring or nobody can ever hear me when they ring. I have been using an iPhone 6 the last few days & the coverage has been much better in my known weakspots.

• Advertisement

Anyone ever come across an S7 Edge unable to access the play store , Took it in to pair in the crescent and they reckoned it was an enterprise phone from Samsung UK and nothing could be done with it, Like I can download all the apps I need from the apptoide store I'm just worried I'll run into problems down the line with updates and such

Bought it off Adverts

This is with any Google account you try to use on the play store? It could just be that the Google account you're using is linked to a college or something, and they have it disabled.

How do people find the battery on the s7 edge phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

kala85 wrote: »
    How do people find the battery on the s7 edge phone

Was terrible after six months same as my s6 went.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Was terrible after six months same as my s6 went.

You could probably link it to the Nougat update. There's no way the battery would significantly degrade after 6 months, so it has to come from software.

Basil3 wrote: »
    You could probably link it to the Nougat update. There's no way the battery would significantly degrade after 6 months, so it has to come from software.

Might getting an s7 edge of these but having a good battery would be a necessity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Basil3 wrote: »

Could indeed but I rooted my phone afterwards and tried just about everything the battery was just bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Have the S7 since November now and got it on foot of the great reviews in regards the camera but I've had a terrible experience with it so far. The slightest bit of movement and the picture comes out really blurry. I have a toddler and its complete waste of time trying to get a nice picture of her with it.

Does anyone know if there is a setting that needs to be disabled or enabled for the camera to be useable cos it's not much good to me if the subject has to be 100% completely statuesque to take a picture thats not just a big blur.

skerry wrote: »
    Have the S7 since November now and got it on foot of the great reviews in regards the camera but I've had a terrible experience with it so far. The slightest bit of movement and the picture comes out really blurry. I have a toddler and its complete waste of time trying to get a nice picture of her with it.

Does anyone know if there is a setting that needs to be disabled or enabled for the camera to be useable cos it's not much good to me if the subject has to be 100% completely statuesque to take a picture thats not just a big blur.

If it's dark and you don't use the flash it will be blurry and turn hdr off or to auto it's an option at the top when you're in the camera

If it's dark and you don't use the flash it will be blurry and turn hdr off or to auto it's an option at the top when you're in the camera

Thanks, just checked there and HDR is off. Usually have flash set to auto, should I have this set to always 'on' so?

my flash is hardly ever on - try it without the flash.

Mc Love wrote: »
    my flash is hardly ever on - try it without the flash.

I've noticed with auto on that the flash doesn't come on even if its dull. Pictures very blurry at the littlest movement with flash off anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement