Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

tbh unless you're a professional photographer, they'll always come out blurry when the object you're taking pics off is moving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Basil3 wrote: »
    This is with any Google account you try to use on the play store? It could just be that the Google account you're using is linked to a college or something, and they have it disabled.

Nope nothing to do with the email, Play store just doesn't open at all no matter what you do , of course the fella I bought it off never told me any of this the prick

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭konline

Nope nothing to do with the email, Play store just doesn't open at all no matter what you do , of course the fella I bought it off never told me any of this the prick

You can try resetting your phone and start as new. Take back-up of your data before that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Paint has started to peel off my home button, out of nowhere! Anybody had any experience with this and getting it replaced? I know it's been mentioned here before but don't think anyone got it fixed, could be wrong though.

Phone is still under the 2 year warranty, contacted Samsung support and there only suggestion was to send it away to the UK for 7 business days for an engineer to look at. Couldn't say whether they would replace under warranty or whether I would need to pay. Decided against sending away as I can't be without it for that long. May be in London at the end of the month so was told to call into a Samsung Support Centre for them to look at it.

Amazed that there is no Samsung Support Centre in Ireland, there is one on Belfast but not going to travel up there for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

When the glass started to lift off the back of my S7 Edge I brought my phone into the Samsung shop in Dundrum Town Centre and they sent it off for repair.
    All done under warranty. I had my phone back in 3 days.
    kmart6 wrote: »
    Paint has started to peel off my home button, out of nowhere! Anybody had any experience with this and getting it replaced? I know it's been mentioned here before but don't think anyone got it fixed, could be wrong though.

Phone is still under the 2 year warranty, contacted Samsung support and there only suggestion was to send it away to the UK for 7 business days for an engineer to look at. Couldn't say whether they would replace under warranty or whether I would need to pay. Decided against sending away as I can't be without it for that long. May be in London at the end of the month so was told to call into a Samsung Support Centre for them to look at it.

Amazed that there is no Samsung Support Centre in Ireland, there is one on Belfast but not going to travel up there for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

j14 wrote: »
    When the glass started to lift off the back of my S7 Edge I brought my phone into the Samsung shop in Dundrum Town Centre and they sent it off for repair.
    All done under warranty. I had my phone back in 3 days.
    How recent was that and was it done free of charge under warranty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

kmart6 wrote: »
    How recent was that and was it done free of charge under warranty?

It was about 6 months ago, all done free of charge.

I got my phone in April 2016 so it was done under the standard 2 year warranty.

My quick charging has stopped, do I need a new charger?

How come the screen repair on the S7 is so expensive ? cracked mine this morning and been looking around at quotes and I'm seeing 200-250 everywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

How come the screen repair on the S7 is so expensive ? cracked mine this morning and been looking around at quotes and I'm seeing 200-250 everywhere

Mad expensive. My edge finally gave up the ghost so ended up picking up a perfect S7 in Cex for 270.

That's where I got mine just before christmas for 250 . Am i better off just going in and getting a new one again ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

That's where I got mine just before christmas for 250 . Am i better off just going in and getting a new one again ?

Yeah I would say get a new one or second hand one the edge screens are glued on thats why they are so expensive. None of the cheap repair places will even touch them at all.

Do yourself a favour and stick an otterbox defender or similar chunky full covered case on it if you do get a new one.

I have a hardcase on it , I was getting out of the car and it fell out of my pocket must have hit a stone on the road or something because it's fallen a few times before same with my last phone the S6 and nothing ever happened , It's not an edge I have either just the standard one

I have a hardcase on it , I was getting out of the car and it fell out of my pocket must have hit a stone on the road or something because it's fallen a few times before same with my last phone the S6 and nothing ever happened , It's not an edge I have either just the standard one

Yeah I was the same. Had an otterbox commuter one that just covers the back and sides and same as you let it fall, it happened to fall face first directly onto a pebble on the ground or something. So got the defender which covers the front too for this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Any sign of Oreo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just out of beta for the S8. They're working on Oreo for the S7 now. A few more months at least, I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I was looking to buy an S7 Edge, should I wait until the S9 is out? Would the price likely drop by then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭long_b

Just got the March security update on Eir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Ardent

I feel like this Oreo update is never going to come!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Ardent wrote: »
    I feel like this Oreo update is never going to come!

18th May is the rumoured date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Maysa07

My S7 Edge screen has cracked Arrhhh... Cheapest quote for repair is €270
    Anyone have any recent experience with screen repairs ?

Cheers

Maysa07 wrote:
    My S7 Edge screen has cracked Arrhhh... Cheapest quote for repair is €270 Anyone have any recent experience with screen repairs ?

Same, my edge cracked in bits. Used it till it proper died. Then bought a pristine S7 flat from cex for 270

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Oreo update available this morning. I'm on Vodafone

• Advertisement

Nice one. Downloading. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Oreo update installed. On Vodafone.
    Like it a lot so far. Still digging into it but I like the small changes so far

Got Oreo on 3 this morning as well.
    Not seen much to get excited about yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Downloading now on Vodafone. Thanks.

Oh wow, picture in picture feature is very nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Snooze notification is also good

Nothing on Virgin yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Foggywindow

How has the battery life/performance been ?
    I'm kind of reluctant to update my s7 yet as Nougat left me with a big decrease in both !

Seems the same. I'm always near a charger anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

Anyone received the Oreo update on Eir?

Do carriers release the update or does it come directly from your manufacturer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Mc Love wrote: »
    Do carriers release the update or does it come directly from your manufacturer?

Carriers release them, most of the unbranded phones get their updates first you can check it here if there;s already an update for your phone.

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s7-edge/SM-G935F/

5star02707 wrote: »
    Carriers release them, most of the unbranded phones get their updates first you can check it here if there;s already an update for your phone.

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s7-edge/SM-G935F/

Asked same question to Virgin and they say they dont release OS updates :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Ardent

Downloaded this morning (Vodafone) and it's great. Love the UI enhancements, battery life is really good so far, and finally have LDAC to go with my Sony Bluetooth headphones. Very happy camper here.

how much would be expected to buy one second hand? 350-400?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

I bought mine for 380 new in box from a shop in Dublin over a year ago. Seem to be still going for strong money. Stretch 400-500 and you're oging into S8 territory and a seriously well-worth upgrade from the S7e. S9 release is dropping the price down too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Good update a lot faster mine had slowed down but back to nippy again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

markc1184 wrote: »
    Reckon Eir will be another few weeks. If memory serves correct, we've normally got updates way after other carriers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Can anyone tell me what this notification symbol on an S7 is? Its like a smiley face without eyes, its in the top left of the screen. Does anyone know what app its for? Its not o my phone but on a screenshot i got.

Kevwoody wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what this notification symbol on an S7 is? Its like a smiley face without eyes, its in the top left of the screen. Does anyone know what app its for? Its not o my phone but on a screenshot i got.

Data saving on?

Ah sorry, it's do not disturb mode, I have it on every night haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

rizzee wrote:
    Ah sorry, it's do not disturb mode, I have it on every night haha

No its not that, its similar alright but instead of a straight line in the circle its like a smile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

markc1184 wrote: »
    I got mine on Eir yesterday morning. Goes by your firmware version. I switched mine to EU SIM free one ages ago, doesn't have WiFi calling though which I think you get on Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭konline

Got my Oreo update yesterday for my S7 Edge, I am on Vodafone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Good update a lot faster mine had slowed down but back to nippy again

Did the update and it soft bricked my phone got it sorted and the battery life seems to be unreal along with the speed of oreo

Advertisement