Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Foggywindow

Installed Oreo on my regular s7 and ended up bricking my entire phone 😡
    I ended up having to wipe the entire phone and start fresh to fix it !
    Update itself seems to be fine, the process of getting it, not so much !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭rizzee

Kevwoody wrote: »
    No its not that, its similar alright but instead of a straight line in the circle its like a smile

OK I think I finally have it... Samsung Upday is enabled/on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,502 ✭✭✭✭guil

Kevwoody wrote: »
    No its not that, its similar alright but instead of a straight line in the circle its like a smile

It's hardly the battery warning notification? Pops up on mine occasionally but disappears quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

rizzee wrote:
    OK I think I finally have it... Samsung Upday is enabled/on?

Bingo!

Sounds like you were more interested to know what it was than me!

• Advertisement

Haha, I was looking through App settings and turned out I had it disabled myself... then noticed the icon and said I'd let you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭Keith186

Does the Google assistant recognise music work for anyone else?
    Mine listens for the song ok but has never got a match, thought it might work on Oreo but it's still useless. I even did a fresh install.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

I'm still waiting for Nougat for my S7 still on 6.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I'm still waiting for Nougat for my S7 still on 6.0

Are you serious? :pac:

What carrier is the phone?

I assume you've manually checked for the updates too?

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Are you serious? :pac:

What carrier is the phone?

I assume you've manually checked for the updates too?
    I am serious I have manually checked the phone several times it is an unlocked S7

Patww79 wrote: »
    yes 100%

I am serious I have manually checked the phone several times it is an unlocked S7

Why don't you manually install Nougat or Oreo yourself via Odin.

Very easily done using method like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qis2ML8A2Bw

Why don't you manually install Nougat or Oreo yourself via Odin.

Very easily done using method like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qis2ML8A2Bw
    Cheers will give it a bash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭Keith186

rizzee wrote: »

Received another update just there. Presumably to fix this issue. About 180mb so quick to install.

Keith186 wrote: »
    Received another update just there. Presumably to fix this issue. About 180mb so quick to install.

Hopefully all sorted.

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s7_and_s7_edge_are_back_on_track_of_receiving_oreo_update-news-31145.php

The firmware versions are G930FXXU2ERE8 and G935FXXU2ERE8 for the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge, respectively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Hi guys, I am looking to buy an S7, seen this one on Amazon, works out about €340. Would this be advisable rather than forking out €500 in a shop in Ireland? Any advice would be appreciated.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01C5OIIF2/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1526911790&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=samsung+s7&dpPl=1&dpID=31jMLoCxaYL&ref=plSrch

Spend the extra and get an S8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Anyone know is the edge any cheaper to get a screen repaired on now that it's a couple of years old? Missus had one for about 6 months and there's damage on the front and back. Thinking of spending the money and getting it fixed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

I've been quoted €299 and €250 by local phone repair shops last week.
    There could be cheaper options though, I didn't price around for alternatives.
    Brand Lab on ebay do a screen replacement service for about €120, you must send the device to the UK and also only available if there are no dead pixels or blackspots , so they are just changing the other layer of the screen and not the complete LCD I would suggest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Spend the extra and get an S8.

DONT DO THAT......

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭skerry

Folks, I've been getting an error message on my S7 since last night when I charge it saying as below:

'Check Port
    Moisture has been detected. To charge your device , make sure your charger/ USB port is dry'

Phone charges for 10 mins or so and then error comes up and it won't charge anymore. So far I've tried power off and on again, also system settings and clear USB port cache and not luck.

Anyone have any suggestions to get this sorted. Phone hasn't got wet or anything of the sort so not idea why I'm getting this error. Charger seems fine too. Pain in the hoop.

I'll give that a go when I get home. Is this a common issue

Cool, I'll try that and if that doesn't fix it I'll get on to Tesco Mobile, phone is only 6 months old

Tried blowing out port as suggested.. ..no joy. Charges for about 10 seconds and then that stupid error comes up.

Might chance a factory reset and if that fails it's back to the shop :(

• Advertisement

skerry wrote: »
    Tried blowing out port as suggested.. ..no joy. Charges for about 10 seconds and then that stupid error comes up.

Might chance a factory reset and if that fails it's back to the shop :(

Did you try stick it in a bag with a few dehumidifier sachets or rice etc.?

Happened me before on old my S7 Edge and also on my friends S7. Pain in the hole but it does happen.

Happened me before on old my S7 Edge and also on my friends S7. Pain in the hole but it does happen.

I'll try the rice thing later this evening and maybe leave it powered off in a warmish room (shouldn't be hard to find one today.....scorchio)

I wouldn't mind if I actually got it wet but its been nowhere near water so no idea why I'm getting this error. Feicin things are supposed to be water resistant either way.

Seen a few threads about it in other forums and its a common issue and sounds like a dodgy software or maybe hardware thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Happens most of the time due to moisture around the charging area. Just Bury it with rice and it should be dry after a few hours.

Bite down on a cotton tip and carefully slot it inside. Slow side-to-side motion and remove. Use a cocktail stick after if necessary in case of any dirt build up but be careful not to damage any coils etc inside. Bag of rice overnight and voila. Had to do this on my old S7 and worked perfect since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Random one folks..

Can I connect 2 Bluetooth devices to my S7 at one time?? As in my fitbit and wireless headphones for the gym..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

I have in the past had a smartwatch and a fitness tracker connected at the same time. Whether they both still had full functionality I can't remember but they definitely connected at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,502 ✭✭✭✭guil

Every day I have my polar watch, Bluetooth headset and truck radio connected at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone notice the phone randomly vibrating once a day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Mc Love wrote: »
    Anyone notice the phone randomly vibrating once a day?

hmm probably the Samsung health? mine keeps asking me to record sleeping hours atleast once a day haha

Tried a few of the suggestions on here and powered phone off for an hour yesterday and it charged fine after that. Unplugged charger and tried again and stupid error popped up again.

So whatever phantom moisture that's apparently causing this managed to go away and somehow magically return on the hottest day of the year when the phone was nowhere near water.

Reeks of software issue or dodgy detector to me.

Could it be an issue with your cable?

• Advertisement

markc1184 wrote: »
    Could it be an issue with your cable?

No, I've tried a couple of chargers and same result :(

Did you try a factory and full phone cache reset?

Did you try a factory and full phone cache reset?

Not yet but I might back it up and try that over the weekend before I bring it back to the shop cos their gonna do one anyway

Finally got the update on Virgin yesterday.

Over the last week my S7E has started vibrating randomly. Any ideas what might be causing it or how to sort it out?

markc1184 wrote:
    Over the last week my S7E has started vibrating randomly. Any ideas what might be causing it or how to sort it out?

Make sure you have smart alert turned off. Also go into settings and search "notification reminder" and make sure that's off too.

Mines been doing the same for the last month and half - very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭chases0102

Hi all, someone here might be able to help me out.

Dropped my s7 yesterday, and screen now totally unresponsive. Have insurance, but am keen to transfer some data to laptop before phone dies completely.

When I plug it into laptop I can't do anything as it relies on me accepting on phone.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,902 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

plug a mouse into the phone with an on the go adaptor and select the option to allow transfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭long_b

Oreo just showed up for me on Eir

• Advertisement
Advertisement