Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine Wireless Broadband

Options
  • 01-02-2016 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Has anyone and experience of this or of Imagine as a provider?

We're outside of a town and in a fixed line blackspot where we're lucky to get 1/3MB on a good day. Looking at the new wireless offering being advertised by Imagine and wondering will it work/be worth 60 quid a month? Any thoughts or advice to share?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Have you looked at Three 4g broadband - currently €20/month for 1st 6 months and then €39.99 for 60gb download.

1gb = about one hour TV (Netflix).

I get 15-20mb download consistently at peak times in rural area between Kildare town and Athy. Efibre is available, but I have found the 4G to be as good as I need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Have you looked at Three 4g broadband - currently €20/month for 1st 6 months and then €39.99 for 60gb download.

1gb = about one hour TV (Netflix).

I get 15-20mb download consistently at peak times in rural area between Kildare town and Athy. Efibre is available, but I have found the 4G to be as good as I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭tcif

Hi VincePP, we have and we haven't got the coverage from Three. I used to have my mobile with them when we moved in first and couldn't even get a call most of the time, let alone sufficient internet connectivity, and the coverage map on their site still doesn't show our area as covered.

We're only a few miles from Naas, not on a desert island somewhere....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

tcif wrote: »
    Hi VincePP, we have and we haven't got the coverage from Three. I used to have my mobile with them when we moved in first and couldn't even get a call most of the time, let alone sufficient internet connectivity, and the coverage map on their site still doesn't show our area as covered.

We're only a few miles from Naas, not on a desert island somewhere....

Maybe worth re-checking - I've found their coverage has improved a lot in the last few months around Naas, as I assume they fold in the O2 network. That said still not great in my house and I'm a little over a mile from the town square!

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭micko45

I have imagine wireless broad band for about 3 years now, 10mb. No other choice, even though i am only about 20k from city center.

In the morning and after 22:00 its as advertised. 10mb (ish).

between 17:00 and 21:00 its utter rubbish and unusable. I dont know how many times i rang them and it been the same. The connections seem to be over subscribed/over sold.

I just saw that they have a 100mb one now, i will look into it and see what its like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭micko45

I have imagine wireless broad band for about 3 years now, 10mb. No other choice, even though i am only about 20k from city center.

In the morning and after 22:00 its as advertised. 10mb (ish).

between 17:00 and 21:00 its utter rubbish and unusable. I dont know how many times i rang them and it been the same. The connections seem to be over subscribed/over sold.

I dont see any new wireless offers on their web site, only the 10mb one, do you have a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭tcif

micko45 wrote: »
    I dont see any new wireless offers on their web site, only the 10mb one, do you have a link?

This is the one we're looking at http://www.imagine.ie/fibreconnect/

Advertisement