Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good free email app for iOS

• 01-02-2016 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭

I use the inbuilt email app on my ipad for work but is there any good free emails apps i could use for other email accounts to keep them seperate from the inbuilt app (not gmail or hotmail)

POP3 or IMAP Email accounts

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Spark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Outlook is excellent, I've been using it since it was Acompli. However, this morning Airmail released their iOS version of the desktop app, it's 4.99 so I've just jumped ship, only because I've the desktop version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Second recommendation for Outlook. Really good client, wish I could have it on my Mac without having to pay MS a ridiculous amount of money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Outlook is good for email, and that's fine.

But I find it not so good for the calendar part of it. I guess you could that function off, but then it's just redundant. The customer support built into Outlook is very goo,d though. I have sent a few queries off through it and got some good feedback and help. If they fix the calendar part, it would be a killer app: they need to get the locations part of setting up an event right, so that it goes to either Apple Maps or Google Maps properly, and they need to add the ability to edit recurring events (I cannot understand why the app can;t do that right, now, but it can't).

And, I know, the OP is after an email app, so maybe my last para was off topic, but it is worth noting that Outlook is more than just email, even though it is the email function that works best in it.

As for recommendations: go and try Outlook. If you like it and can live with the calendar quirks, the it's probably the best alternative to the stock Mail app. Spark would be my next choice, after Outlook.

I use the stock mail app, TBH, as it does all I need, although I do like trying out new ones just to see if I get a better experience. The only things I don't like about the stock one is that there is no snooze function and there is no way to easily see which account an email is from in the unified inbox (I have 3 accounts active). But I can live with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

Keeks wrote: »
    ..i could use for other email accounts to keep them seperate from the inbuilt app

I find the inbuilt app separates ok the different email accounts I have on mine. Default view is all emails mixed in together - but you can select to work with one account then with a couple clicks.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
Advertisement