Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technician failed to show on installation date

Options
  • 01-02-2016 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

I recently signed up to the Eircom bundle as advertised on TV.
    I got a text saying an engineer would call to my house on 29th Jan between 9:30 and 12:30 to install my broadband and evision TV, however no-one arrived during this time.
    After 4pm, an engineer did call but said he could not complete the installation because the first engineer did not call that morning.
    So he then left, and asked us to ring and escalate the issue, which I did this morning by ringing eir.
    I was given the 17th Feb as the next available appointment, which seems ridiculous given it is not our fault the first engineer did not show up.
    During this, we are now left without broadband as my line with Vodafone was discontinued obviously by Eir on the 29th.

A modem is now being posted out to my address, but I'm told it will not become active until the 4th Feb - which also seems strange.
    Is there any way that you can escalate this issue and bring forward the appointment from the 17th of Feb ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi bullyakeen

I'm really sorry to hear of these delays, unfortunately the storms (more specifically the damages to the network created by the storms) has created delays on the scheduling of engineers and I can't guarantee an earlier date however if you would like to PM me your order/account number I will certainly request this for you.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement