Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Manuel Pellegrini Legacy at Manchester City

• 01-02-2016 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

67.jpg

With the news that he's leaving in the summer, and Guardiola on his way, do you think he'll be remembered as a success?

Does it all depend on how this season pans out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,469 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

SlickRic wrote: »
    67.jpg

With the news that he's leaving in the summer, and Guardiola on his way, do you think he'll be remembered as a success?

Does it all depend on how this season pans out?

Definitely depends on the rest of the season. If he can win 2 of the 4 competitions they are still in, I think he will deserve to be fondly remembered.

As is, he hasn't done too bad at all and done so with dignity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well they won a league they should won anyway and failed in the CL, so not much of a legacy in terms of football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Well they won a league they should won anyway and failed in the CL, so not much of a legacy in terms of football.

The exact same as pep at bayern then. they should have won the league each season and have slightly underperformed in the CL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Why shoud they have won the league ? Also they have been drawn against probably the best club side of all time in 2 of the last 3 seasons in the CL ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

I read somewhere he has the best win ratio in the history of the premier league...Not bad!

As a city fan, im indifferent on him, some of his decisions can be baffling and i dont have 100% faith he is tactically as strong as the top managers around but he is a gent and has played some of the most exciting football i have ever seen us play so he goes down in my book as a city legend alongside Joe Royle and Roberto Mancini.

• Advertisement

TheNap wrote: »
    Why shoud they have won the league ? Also they have been drawn against probably the best club side of all time in 2 of the last 3 seasons in the CL ..

Chelsea were a little horse, Utd had a terrible manager and Arsenal were well Arsenal and Liverpool were well Liverpool. It would have been a scandal in terms of return on resources had they not won the title in 2013/14

I like Pelligrini.

Top manager and a class act

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Chelsea were a little horse, Utd had a terrible manager and Arsenal were well Arsenal and Liverpool were well Liverpool. It would have been a scandal in terms of return on resources had they not won the title in 2013/14

He may well have 2 titles in 3 years . Would be a great legacy to have . And maybe 3 or 4 cups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

A fine manager, who is very much in the running to win the treble with Manchester City this season.

TheNap wrote: »
    He may well have 2 titles in 3 years . Would be a great legacy to have . And maybe 3 or 4 cups.

All things that have yet to happen! We'll have to bump this premature thread in May and see what the tally is. two titles and a CL would clearly be very good! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'm sure city fans will regard him as a success and rightly so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

United or Chelsea could do a lot worse than hiring him for next season. Pellegrini atleast play the attacking exciting style of football united crave.

Edit: Just saw his press conference, he is just pure class and a gentleman.

• I'd make him a cup of scald if he called down to the house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

His legacy?

He can present a good list of achievements but as for legacy he will barely have one at all. Nobody will be looking back in 20 years at the Pellegrini era.

He did ok and won some trophies but didn't do anything that wouldn't be expected at the richest club in the country. He didn't take them to the next level or make them a world powerhouse, he didn't **** up and make them underachieve, he didn't develop a team with any particular personality and he himself didn't have the forceful personality that would make him stand out from the crowd.

In short he just did a good job without any particular drama and as such his reign will probably be overshadowed by Pep, whether Pep succeeds or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Don't rate him as a manager among the elite but he comes across as an absolute gentleman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I rate him as good as any coach out there. On top of that he is a gentleman and his sides always play entertaining football.

I think United and Chelsea should both be in for him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I don't think he gets enough credit for where City have moved on to since Mancini and he was certainly what City needed.

His legacy seems heavily associated with Aguero's injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

dfx- wrote: »
    I don't think he gets enough credit for where City have moved on to since Mancini and he was certainly what City needed.

His legacy seems heavily associated with Aguero's injuries.
    Bang on there. He put out a lot of fires that were burning behind the scenes, calmly and without fuss. I thank him for what he's done for us, and wish him well wherever he ends up after us. Though that could be tricky if he ends up at our quiet neighbours!

;)

Advertisement