Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pep Guardiola confirmed as new Man City Manager

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

blueser wrote: »
    Messi won't come to us. We're not that deluded! He's been at Barca for years, they're his club. I can only see him leaving when he's coming to the end of his career, to play for a couple of years back in Argentina.

Would have to agree. I don't think Messi has any interest in playing for anyone other than Barca right now. Who would blame him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

jpboard1 wrote: »
    Would have to agree. I don't think Messi has any interest in playing for anyone other than Barca right now. Who would blame him.
    I don't blame him. I'm Manchester born and I love the place; I call it "home". But I'm not blind; for a neutral (not that Messi is!), Barcelona would be more of an attraction than sunny Manchester! As for what he could earn by coming to us, he's almost definitely already got more money than he'll ever be able to spend.

I don't blame him. I'm Manchester born and I love the place; I call it "home". But I'm not blind; for a neutral (not that Messi is!), Barcelona would be more of an attraction than sunny Manchester! As for what he could earn by coming to us, he's almost definitely already got more money than he'll ever be able to spend.

Any word on why they announced now?

Any word on why they announced now?
    Not really. MP did intimate that they wanted to end the speculation about his future. So; unless the club got wind that someone was going to leak details about Pep having signed, and wanted to neutralise the stroy by confirming it? It's odd timing. I don't think there's too many people surprised at the outcome today, but conventional wisdom was that it wouldn't be announced until we could no longer be drawn against Bayern in the CL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Not really. MP did intimate that they wanted to end the speculation about his future. So; unless the club got wind that someone was going to leak details about Pep having signed, and wanted to neutralise the stroy by confirming it? It's odd timing. I don't think there's too many people surprised at the outcome today, but conventional wisdom was that it wouldn't be announced until we could no longer be drawn against Bayern in the CL.

God, this really needs to happen now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Pellegrini has no pressure on him now, i think this is a great move by city. He has nothing to lose now. Love to see them win the champions league now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

As a Man Utd fan I have no problem saying that I'm a tad jealous that the Arab money has lured Pep to City.
    For the Premier League in general if it means that we get to watch likes of Neymar on MOTD in years to come rather than likes of Fabien Delph I'm all for it:)

As a Man Utd fan I have no problem saying that I'm a tad jealous that the Arab money has lured Pep to City.
    For the Premier League in general if it means that we get to watch likes of Neymar on MOTD in years to come rather than likes of Fabien Delph I'm all for it:)

It really is bad news for utd, they are being left behind a bit. They are no longer the biggest club around.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Pellegrini has no pressure on him now, i think this is a great move by city. He has nothing to lose now. Love to see them win the champions league now.
    Even with my heaviest heavy duty blue blinkers on, I can't see that happening. Not this season anyway. And definitely not with our bunch of comedians masquerading as a defence. That front three at the Nou Camp will think all their birthdays and christmases have come at once if we get paired with them.
    :eek:

Even with my heaviest heavy duty blue blinkers on, I can't see that happening. Not this season anyway. And definitely not with our bunch of comedians masquerading as a defence. That front three at the Nou Camp will think all their birthdays and christmases have come at once if we get paired with them.
    :eek:

If kompany can get fit and a bit of luck then who knows, it is highly unlikely though i will admit.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

It really is bad news for utd, they are being left behind a bit. They are no longer the biggest club around.

That's because they let one man control too much for too long unchallenged

my friend wrote: »
    That's because they let one man control too much for too long unchallenged

Unless the get Jose in. What other big names are out there who would move. Simone would be a great fit but not going happen this summer anyway

Unless the get Jose in. What other big names are out there who would move. Simone would be a great fit but not going happen this summer anyway

Why would Simeone be a great fit?

Why would Simeone be a great fit?

Just my opinion. I think he is a great manager who would get utd challengeing again. Do you not rate him.

• niallo27 wrote: »

I'm a big fan of Diego Simeone. Would be my preferred choice if LVG is replaced in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I never said he couldn't. I just don't want to hear that he is the greatest when all he does is take the worlds richest clubs to the success they were going to have anyway.

You don't need to be the world greatest to do that, so don't claim to be the worlds greatest for doing it.

I reckon he is the best manager working at the moment. You're a Man-u fan? If you could have any manager go to United in May, who would it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

He loves a challenge does our Pep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I think he'll remain behind Mourinho unless he wins a European trophy or two with City

win a few league titles with city, then off to manage Spain to a World Cup win and he'll retire. Seems a natural progression for football's Mayweather

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

If he went to Man Utd he'd still be taking the 'easy' option. Just because you've had a few dodgy seasons with no trophies doesn't mean you're suddenly a minnow.

Why would he take a job for a mid table team for the challenge? Moving leagues is enough for me. In business, if you have a world class CEO, let's say for arguments sake he works for Microsoft. The only companies that could tempt him away are the Apples and the Googles and the Coca Colas of this world.

Either way, if he does the business with City, that'll be three countries he'll have won in. If he can get a CL with Bayern then potentially a CL in each country too. Regardless of what he inherited, history will remember him very fondly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

If he went to Man Utd he'd still be taking the 'easy' option. Just because you've had a few dodgy seasons with no trophies doesn't mean you're suddenly a minnow.

Why would he take a job for a mid table team for the challenge? Moving leagues is enough for me. In business, if you have a world class CEO, let's say for arguments sake he works for Microsoft. The only companies that could tempt him away are the Apples and the Googles and the Coca Colas of this world.

Either way, if he does the business with City, that'll be three countries he'll have won in. If he can get a CL with Bayern then potentially a CL in each country too. Regardless of what he inherited, history will remember him very fondly.

That's fine and the best of luck to him but it's very difficult to evaluate how good Guardiola is when he is only going to end up managing super clubs with unlimited resources who were already the top team in their country and close to the top team in Europe.With most great managers before they built something from stratch or improved lesser clubs and proved they could get results with lesser players.Great management in any sport is about getting results while being restricted but Guardiola has had no restrictions placed on him in his management career so far.

Just my opinion. I think he is a great manager who would get utd challengeing again. Do you not rate him.

No doubt he is very good at what he does. But his style of football certainly isn't what United pride themselves with. Its a very dour style. Of course he needs to play that way as he doesn't have the resources of the big two. In England United should be in that big two bracket.

The question also has to be asked, would he want the move. At present he is playing at a higher level. Would he want to drop down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Does Pel look like he was ever under pressure?Pep with the pressure now but he brings big transfers .United are long time in the shadows.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

keano_afc wrote: »
    He loves a challenge does our Pep.

Because this is a walk in the park? Because City are running away with the league this season? Because City are the reigning champions? Because City have looked like something other than expensive cannon fodder in the Champions League? Because this is a club with a great history and tradition of success with its own identity to call on? Ye, piece of cake, I look forward to celebrating City's 9th consecutive Champions League under Herr Guardiola.

That's fine and the best of luck to him but it's very difficult to evaluate how good Guardiola is when he is only going to end up managing super clubs with unlimited resources who were already the top team in their country and close to the top team in Europe.With most great managers before they built something from stratch or improved lesser clubs and proved they could get results with lesser players.Great management in any sport is about getting results while being restricted but Guardiola has had no restrictions placed on him in his management career so far.

I forgot Barcelona were reigning Spanish champions and reigning European champions when he took over. Or wait, they weren't, they were a broken squad that trailed Real Madrid by double digits the previous season and had won nothing in 2 years. But hey, I love a good history re-written.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Because this is a walk in the park? Because City are running away with the league this season? Because City are the reigning champions? Because City have looked like something other than expensive cannon fodder in the Champions League? Because this is a club with a great history and tradition of success with its own identity to call on? Ye, piece of cake, I look forward to celebrating City's 9th consecutive Champions League under Herr Guardiola.

Are you not a Chelsea fan???? They are having a bad season, but real fans stick with their team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I forgot Barcelona were reigning Spanish champions and reigning European champions when he took over. Or wait, they weren't, they were a broken squad that trailed Real Madrid by double digits the previous season and had won nothing in 2 years. But hey, I love a good history re-written.

He took over a team who had played in the champions league semi final the previous year and were beaten 1-0 over 2 legs by the eventual winners of the competition

Barca won the champions league just 2 years before he took over and he had The best player of all time to work with along with , the 2 best midfield players of their generation and the likes of Thierry Henry , Samuel Etoo and later David Villa on his team.

He wasn't handed that big a challenge in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

United fans giving it the poor mouth has to be one of the startling twists of the 21st century for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

It won't be a walk in the park, but out of all the choices of clubs in the premier league it is the safest bet and easiest club to have success with. He will effectively have a blank cheque book in the summer and may possibly be inheriting the 15/16 premier league champions.

He may have had similar money if he joined Man Utd or Chelsea, but Man City have less problems with their playing personnel than either of them two clubs.

I don't blame the guy for taking the job and he is going to be paid a **** load of money for the privilege too. He was always going to have success at Barcelona and Bayern Munich as well, like various other managers have had too.

This may be a bigger test than than his two previous clubs, but he will have all the tools to succeed and won't have to worry about building for the future as he will probably only be there for 3 seasons anyway.

He took over a team who had played in the champions league semi final the previous year and were beaten 1-0 over 2 legs by the eventual winners of the competition

Barca won the champions league just 2 years before he took over and he had The best player of all time to work with along with , the 2 best midfield players of their generation and the likes of Thierry Henry , Samuel Etoo and later David Villa on his team.

He wasn't handed that big a challenge in fairness.

So you agree, they won nothing. Of the core group that won the CL 2 years ago, how many did he stick with, how many were moved on, how many were less prominent under Pep?

Messi was always a great talent but taking away Guardiola's role in his development is silly, it is akin to lessening Ferguson's impact on Ronaldo. Same thing applies to Xavi and Iniesta, one of whom was leaving the club, the other not a regular starter. Eto'o was a divisive figure who Pep gave a second chance to, under Pep Henry had his best season in a Barcelona jersey. Villa was always excellent and proved as much at Barcelona but was used in an interesting way by Pep.

Talking to someone today, the comment I got was "if he took over a club like Stoke and won the league then I'd be impressed" this is the comment of someone living 30 years in the past. Due to the financial clout of the few clubs that simple isn't possible anymore. You see the best players at the best clubs. You see the best coaches at the best clubs too, that's modern football and there are very few exceptions. Those knocking Pep and saying Manchester City is the easy way out doesn't understand the magnitude of what Pep hopes to achieve, they don't understand the historical precedent he is looking to set and they are just bashing someone they don't truly know because they fear the unknown.

It won't be a walk in the park, but out of all the choices of clubs in the premier league it is the safest bet and easiest club to have success with. He will effectively have a blank cheque book in the summer and may possibly be inheriting the 15/16 premier league champions.

He may have had similar money if he joined Man Utd or Chelsea, but Man City have less problems with their playing personnel than either of them two clubs.

I don't blame the guy for taking the job and he is going to be paid a **** load of money for the privilege too. He was always going to have success at Barcelona and Bayern Munich as well, like various other managers have had too.

This may be a bigger test than than his two previous clubs, but he will have all the tools to succeed and won't have to worry about building for the future as he will probably only be there for 3 seasons anyway.

Because Pep never builds for the future or leaves a stronger squad than what was there when he took over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

United fans giving it the poor mouth has to be one of the startling twists of the 21st century for sure.

Yeah only United fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Mourinho is the same.

Porto - Richest most successful club in Portugal

Chelsea first time - Pre-FFP spent hundreds of millions

Inter - Best squad in Italy and Champions when he joined. With a team of World Class talent

Real Madrid - Need we say more?

Chelsea second time - Decent first season, fell over the line second season and imploded this season. Despite spending lots of cash again.

And no youth development at any club.

If you apply the Guardiola logic to the bould Jose, until he wins a title with a Villa or Everton, he's another spoofer.

Mourinho is the same.

Porto - Richest most successful club in Portugal

Chelsea first time - Pre-FFP spent hundreds of millions

Inter - Best squad in Italy and Champions when he joined. With a team of World Class talent

Real Madrid - Need we say more?

Chelsea second time - Decent first season, fell over the line second season and imploded this season. Despite spending lots of cash again.

And no youth development at any club.

If you apply the Guardiola logic to the bould Jose, until he wins a title with a Villa or Everton, he's another spoofer.

The logic of the people who makeeps that argument is really only valid a few decades ago when Clough could take a Nottingham Forrest and take them to the top. Football has changed, the logic of some has not changed with it.

The logic of the people who makeeps that argument is really only valid a few decades ago when Clough could take a Nottingham Forrest and take them to the top. Football has changed, the logic of some has not changed with it.

It's nonsense.

A great manager is a great manager.

Ferguson spent a fortune at United too, even back in the 1980's. And Utd were the richest, best supported club in England when he joined.

Surely any old clown could win the league with them?

I guess he's another spoofer too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Yeah only United fans.

I dont see any other internationally renowned club/global brand, that spends big with a weekly packed out 80,000 seat stadium being labelled as a "challenge".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

CSF wrote: »
    Id be of the opinion that it was disrespectful of City to be in negotiations with another manager while they still had one competing well in all 4 competitions.

I wouldn't be Pellegrini's greatest fan as a manager and think he could easily have been dispensed of at the end of the season, but replacing your manager is not the same as replacing your left-full where you're constantly in the market for the best available.

I would disagree with this. Pellegrini's contract expires in the summer. It should be absolutely fine to negotiate a contract with a manager, allow him to see out that contract - and as you move within six months of its conclusion make and communicate a decision about whether it will be extended or not. I think that would be a reasonable way to treat senior managers in the real world tbh.
    Pellegrini came off as a proper class act today and during all the gossip.

And during his tenure at City generally. I think he's done a good job with them too - a great or excellent job would have involved more success in Europe but he may yet win a couple of things this year to leave things in a very positive light overall. It's clear that he's a very safe pair of hands no matter what the size or expectation level of a club and I don't doubt he'll get another big job soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

It will be interesting to see how he does in a league where he doesnt have the title in his pocket early april and can make a balls of the remaining league matches and concentrate on the CL.

Not based on stats but i also have the feeling that the medical staffs at his clubs are always a bit busy.

As for the greatest manager ever.
    There is only 1 and that is Ernst Happel.

2x EC I winner with clubs that werent the biggest and richest in their respective country and a final with a similar club in a 3rd.
    Went on to manage the Dutch to a WC final without Van Hanegem and Cruijff.
    I am sure Oat23 agrees ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

inforfun wrote: »
    Not based on stats but i also have the feeling that the medical staffs at his clubs are always a bit busy.

We aren't allowed to talk about that little aspect of Pep's success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

inforfun wrote: »
    As for the greatest manager ever.
    There is only 1 and that is Ernst Happel.

2x EC I winner with clubs that werent the biggest and richest in their respective country and a final with a similar club in a 3rd.
    Went on to manage the Dutch to a WC final without Van Hanegem and Cruijff.
    I am sure Oat23 agrees ;)

What about Otto Rehagel? 14 years in Bremen turning them into a serious side winning two leagues, two cups and European Cup Winners Cup. Cr@p short stint in Munich but then went to relegated Kaiserslautern where he secured immediate promotion and then - in one of the most remarkable if not THE most remarkable turnarounds in the Bundesliga ever - won the league with them the year after that. :eek:
    Not to mention turning Greece! into a side that won the European Championship after that.

Definitely not a man who shies away from a challenge.

Unfortunately something Oat23 may have a problem with :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Who was buying the players when he was at Barcelona?

It's not pretty. A lot of the good players were already there or came through the youth system. Most of the major signings during his time were flops, Ibrahimovic, Sanchez, Fabregas, Hleb, Chygrinski, Kerrison. He offloaded a lot of their big names too.

Maybe City expect him to use their youth team to replace and upgrade the current squad in the same way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Korat wrote: »
    Who was buying the players when he was at Barcelona?

It's not pretty. A lot of the good players were already there or came through the youth system. Most of the major signings during his time were flops, Ibrahimovic, Sanchez, Fabregas, Hleb, Chygrinski, Kerrison. He offloaded a lot of their big names too.

Maybe City expect him to use their youth team to replace and upgrade the current squad in the same way.

You are talking about Alexis Sanchez? He was definitely not a flop at Barca.
    His last season he was more important to them than Messi at times. Pep wasnt there anymore when he was sold

Surplus to requirements maybe but a flop he wasnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I would disagree with this. Pellegrini's contract expires in the summer. It should be absolutely fine to negotiate a contract with a manager, allow him to see out that contract - and as you move within six months of its conclusion make and communicate a decision about whether it will be extended or not. I think that would be a reasonable way to treat senior managers in the real world tbh.

Pellegrini extended his contract to summer 2017 last August.......

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/07/manchester-city-manuel-pellegrini-new-contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

NukaCola wrote: »

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/07/manchester-city-manuel-pellegrini-new-contract

Pellegrini said yesterday that that contract extension was optional on both sides if either party wanted to back out in the summer. Pellegrini said City told him a month ago that they were going to take up the option of ceasing the contract in June of this year.

I don't think City have done anything wrong here. All sides seem to have been kept updated as to what's happening. Guardiola was free on the summer, it'd have been irresponsible of City not to go after him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Whatever about all the talk of going to a 'smaller' or less rich club, he goes to clubs where basically no rebuilding is required. One could argue Barca required a bit of work but, that's a club he worked at, played at and had Messi coming through; I wouldn't argue that much work was needed there and they've had plenty of success since he's left. Jupp Heynckes won everything in his last year at Bayern, something Pep has failed to achieve.

Similarly Pellegrini has done a good job at progressing City and with the acquisition of KDB + Sterling and with Iheanacho coming through they look very good for the future. I actually hope Pellegrini cleans up like Heynckes did at Bayern so that people realise Pep isn't god's gift. Good acquisition for City though, Pep's clearly a good coach when inheriting a decent team; that's not to say he couldn't rebuild a team either, but he hasn't had to yet.

In comparison to the other modern great manager, Jose's achievements are far greater. Jose's problem is he brings success which isn't sustainable.

jive wrote: »

In comparison to the other modern great manager, Jose's achievements are far greater. Jose's problem is he brings success which isn't sustainable.

How?

Porto is the only standout on his CV. And they would be expected to win their domestic title handily at the time as they are the richest club in Portugal.

Chelsea? - bulk of the team built years before he joined. Ranieri teed it up for him the year before he joined by finishing top 4.

Inter? - Mancini teed it up for him the year before he joined. They were already the Champions with a World Class squad.

Real Madrid? Pellegrini teed it up for him with a squad absolutely packed with talent and a pretty much limitless budget.

Chelsea second time? Found him out.

NukaCola wrote: »

An option to extend was created that both parties had to be happy with. I think sorting that out within six months of its deadline is fair and proper behaviour from an employer. Pellegrini seems to have been made aware that they were in touch with Guardiola also. He was backed in the transfer market and given three years to do his thing. Very reasonable in the modern game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

How?

Porto is the only standout on his CV. And they would be expected to win their domestic title handily at the time as they are the richest club in Portugal.

Chelsea? - bulk of the team built years before he joined. Ranieri teed it up for him the year before he joined by finishing top 4.

Inter? - Mancini teed it up for him the year before he joined. They were already the Champions with a World Class squad.

Real Madrid? Pellegrini teed it up for him with a squad absolutely packed with talent and a pretty much limitless budget.

Just want to make sure you don't forget this again.

He won the Premier league last season with Chelsea!!!

eagle eye wrote: »
    Just want to make sure you don't forget this again.

He won a league title in his only full season back at Chelsea!!!

Plus, it was Mourinho's second full season back....THAT HE WON THE TITLE!!!!

How?

:rolleyes:

That Inter squad never looked capable of a treble under Mancini!! Mourinho won the treble his second season after signing Sneijder, Motta, Millito and Eto. As for Chelsea, in his first run he took a team that had never won the big show before to two successive league titles and two very near misses in the CL semi final. As for how 'exposed' he was while winning a title at Chelsea? This year was a disaster for reasons that will come out in biographies in years to come.

At Real he went toe to toe with arguably the best club side of all time and beat them in the league.

He's been at the helm of sides that have won a lot of matches and trophies over the past ~13 years. The points of criticism are clearly around his ability to build a youth system and deliver stability and longevity in a managerial role. Denigrating the achievements on the pitch seems like a poor line of attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I'm looking forward to see how Guardiola does in the EPL.

I think going to the Bundesliga first will have been a good bridge for him. He is easily the top manager around at the moment and the EPL is still one of the biggest leagues going, despite being in decline. This could be the beginning of a great run for City. European success still eludes them and Guardiola must have one of the best European records around. I can see them winning the EPL but I reckon Guardiola will be judged on what he can do with them in Europe, that for me is where he'll be designated a success or not. All remains to be seem and I don't like making predictions but this is definitely an appointment that all other teams should be worried about.

I don't recall him ever having big problems with the EPL sides that he's faced, Chelsea pushing Barca all the way in 2009 is the only one I can think of, so I don't think he'll have any problem getting his style to work.

It will be interesting to see how he handles the media, though. The Spanish media can be vicious and over the top but I think the English media is overly obsessive and nit-picky. It's also very sensitive and needs to have it's ego stroked constantly ("Best league in the world" TM) and can turn on people fairly quickly. There's also a huge amount of favouritism, compare the treatment of Big Sam and Harry Redknapp to that of Van Gaal and Mourinho. It really shouldn't be a big deal but unfortunately in modern football, it is.

Advertisement