Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Finance mobile application

Options
  • 01-02-2016 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I have an idea for a Irish based financed budget tool for both IOS and Android. Primary market is Irish based however has the potential to be a global after longer dev time.

The App may also change from a budget tool to a finance offering. depending on success.

I am looking for a Dev partner as I do not have the know how to write the application - I do however have the process flow work done, app layout (flexible) and most of the app plan. All open for discussion.

I am willing after talks to split ownership of this app 50/50 with a dev partner in exchange for work involved. Its a long term project and if successful it would be lucrative from app purchase point of view and also generating revenue from advertisers.

If interested PM me and we can have a meet to see if we firstly get on and discuss our past experiences and potential to work together.

Thanks
    Darren

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Hi Darren, Have you looked at potential competition? The app store recently had a showcase for budgeting and finance apps and there were literally hundreds of them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

smash wrote: »
    Hi Darren, Have you looked at potential competition? The app store recently had a showcase for budgeting and finance apps and there were literally hundreds of them.

I don't think competition is going to be the first issue. Most developers (worth having) get an almost never-ending number of offers to work for free partner with a non-dev who has an idea.

There are exceptions where it works but generally they are limited to
    • someone with an existing market (e.g. a company with 20,000 clients who would use the app)
    • someone with huge experience/contacts in an existing and demonstrably lucrative market
    • someone with a track record of building successful start-ups/apps

Without any of the above be prepared to stump up the going rate for a mobile dev.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Graham wrote: »
    I don't think competition is going to be the first issue.

It doesn't need to be the first issue to think of, but it's the MAIN issue to think of.

Advertisement