Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acomendation in Jordanstown and queens

Options
  • 01-02-2016 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Hi all.
    Considering doing a masters in either Queens or UUJ.

I was looking into the accommodation etc.

I heard a there is no crack as such around UUJ. And to maybe live near queena and travel out ??

I would be looking for somewhere with some crack and good social aspect also.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Blink182rock

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

A lot of people do commute from Belfast to Jordanstown (great public transport links) so if you want more of a city feel then Belfast would be the place. Jordanstown isn't that bad but a huge number of NI students go home most weekends (jobs, lives, families back home etc.) so the place clears on a Friday morning until late Sunday evening.

Depends what you're used to really but I'd be inclined to say live around Queen's and commute out.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Blink182rock

pow wow wrote: »
    A lot of people do commute from Belfast to Jordanstown (great public transport links) so if you want more of a city feel then Belfast would be the place. Jordanstown isn't that bad but a huge number of NI students go home most weekends (jobs, lives, families back home etc.) so the place clears on a Friday morning until late Sunday evening.

Depends what you're used to really but I'd be inclined to say live around Queen's and commute out.

Actually a change of plan..

I have applied for a MSC in Queens, and debating applying fro UUJ. SOooo, I will prob be looking towards Queens now.

Have you any general info from either college, social aspect of both? Facilities of both?

regards

Advertisement