Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westside Resource Centre

Options
  • 01-02-2016 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I am scheduled to do six weekend course days at the above venue, I will need to drive from Limerick to Galway each Friday evening to make the early start time of 8.30am on Saturday mornings, can anyone recommend a reasonable hotel close to this venue, I am not familiar with Galway City.

G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

The Glen Oaks Hotel is a walk away. Not the prettiest of hotels but a friend of mine stays there on business every couple of weeks and says it is perfectly fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

The Glen Oak's is the closest, you could walk from there to the resource centre within 5 mins. Next closest would be the Westwood Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,230 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I heard the grub in the Glen Oaks was great. Westwood probably more expensive. But for a 08:30 Sat start you could cast your net wider as traffic is no biggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Could you not just drive down Saturday mornings?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Stanford

I could but I work in Shannon Airport and so am only less than an hour from Galway, I will also have some course material to review and so a basic hotel with some peace and quiet and the possibility of a pint on Friday night sounds more practical.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The glen oaks has closed down in the last few days.. Next option would perhaps be the clybaun or possibly a b&b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

The Clybaun or the Westwood would be a 5-10 minute drive from Westside on a Saturday morning. Other suggestions would be the Nox or the Maldron (used to be the Pillo Hotel). Those two would be handier for you arriving from Limerick on a Friday evening but still only 10 minutes max drive from Westside.

Many thanks for all your suggestions

G

Many thanks for all your suggestions

G

Advertisement