Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband speed gone slow

Options
  • 01-02-2016 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi,

My broadband speed is inconsistent in general, losing signal. Speed as of today is 47ms, 1.10Mbps download and 0.65Mbps upload speed.

This level of service is not what I signed up for;
    a) I want my account adjusted accordingly to reflect poor quality of service
    b) If speed is not restored to what I signed up for, I will be cancelling my account and moving elsewhere.

I will provide account details by PM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi jupiler_beer

Please feel free to PM me your eir account number and I will look in to this for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭jupiler_beer

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi jupiler_beer

Please feel free to PM me your eir account number and I will look in to this for you.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

I sent you pm with my account number 2 weeks ago, no one from eir has been in touch regarding my complaint. Why? Does customer service not matter.

I see on your website that due to storms, customers are experiencing lost / poor quality broadband, but my complaint is prior to storms. I see eir is offering reimbursement off line rental, I expect I will get compensated for my poor quality service, frankly I will not be paying for any service until broadband speed is as per my offer.

Secondly the notification of price increase, I have responded to this notification and again no one from eir has contacted me. Again I will not be accepting this increase as it is not in my agreed contract.

There is plenty of broadband suppliers in the market, I will be happy to terminate my contract with eir on the grounds that eir are not meeting speeds. If I have not received a satisfactory response from eir by COB tomorrow Wed 10th Feb. Please take this correspondence as notification to terminate contract.

Annoyed customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi jupiler_beer

I'm genuinely sorry for the delays. If you wish to cancel your account you must contact eir cancellations on free phone 1800303600 - I'm afraid we cannot accept posts to here as cancellations requests.

I have requested our technical support team to look in to your issues - as soon as I have feedback on the results of their tests I will let you know

Thanks
    AL

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭jupiler_beer

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi jupiler_beer

I'm genuinely sorry for the delays. If you wish to cancel your account you must contact eir cancellations on free phone 1800303600 - I'm afraid we cannot accept posts to here as cancellations requests.

I have requested our technical support team to look in to your issues - as soon as I have feedback on the results of their tests I will let you know

Thanks
    AL
    Hi Alan,

Any update on results from your tech team. I was unable to open a web page yesterday evening. 

Advertisement