Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross Country Spikes

Options
  • 01-02-2016 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I'm doing the BHAA XC run in the Phoenix Park on Saturday. I have 6mm and 15mm spikes. Will the 15 mm be ok to use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

I'm doing the BHAA XC run in the Phoenix Park on Saturday. I have 6mm and 15mm spikes. Will the 15 mm be ok to use?

15mm would be long, but depending on how mucky the course is you could be OK. Typically I would 9mm or if things are really bad, then 12mm. 15mm spikes look more like nails than spikes to me, and I would be afraid of catching someone's foot! But if the place is a bog they could come in useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

I'm a 15mm fan, but I think I'm on my own with that. Everyone else recoils when they see them.

They might be a bit long for that course though, particularly for the section through the trees where the ground is solid enough and there's exposed roots, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 fuzzywuzzy1

Thanks for the replies. I'll try and get some 9mm today otherwise I'll use the 6mm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Thanks for the replies. I'll try and get some 9mm today otherwise I'll use the 6mm

9mm would be absolutely fine for that course and if it's not wet 6mm will be fine. I think the longer ones would be a hazard on the traily bits which are usually fairly solid underfoot.

Advertisement