Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you like Lego?

• 01-02-2016 10:51pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm not ashamed to proclaim that I am an AFOL - an adult fan of Lego. I loved Lego as a kid and now I have built up a collection as a grown up.

Like middle aged men and train sets, it is now OK for adults to play with Lego.

So - do you like Lego? Do you play with your kids' Lego, secretly wishing you had some yourself?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I love Lego Technic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Do you have children op?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Anyone who doesn't like Lego, doesn't like fun. End of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I play with my sons lego more than he does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Love Lego and encourage my kids to play with Lego, there's a very good forum on boards for it too.

http://touch.boards.ie/forum/668

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭Totofan99

I've just started a job that involves running after school science/engineering camps for kids. Some of it involves using Lego and K'NEX. For example, building little circuits that have light, motion or sound sensors that turn on LEDs or make a buzzer sound, and then building that in to a Lego structure.

It gives me the chance to play with Lego and K'NEX without being judged. It's my job!

It's strange that this thread popped up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Love Lego, until you stand on it barefoot in the dark...aarrggghhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭mohawk

Lego was sent here by Satan himself to cause pain to innocent parents going about their business. It Fecking hurts to stand on and my 6 year old wants literally the entire Lego isle except the Lego Friends section. He won't let me touch the Lego when he puts it together as he can do it himself. There is literally no upside to this whole Lego thing.

Kind Regards,
    Bitter grown up who loved Lego as a kid but doesn't get the enjoy it anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Just came across this post and got me thinking about old sets that I have at home. Quick google of 2 of them and they're worth $750 and $400. **** me......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Yup, quite like the Technic stuff myself. Bought several pieces maybe 8 years ago, got a little ridiculed by the missus so it has stayed put in tins since :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Do you have children op?

Nope, no children. Which means more Lego for me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I loved Lego as a kid, and now that my boy is almost old enough to play with it, he has been getting presents of it, which I just have to make for him, before putting it upstairs in storage for when he's actually old enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

More of a Blocko fan myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Nope, no children. Which means more Lego for me!!
    Which also means you dont have to pick up hundreds of pieces daily!

Advertisement