Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel room bookings for wedding.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Having dealt with this from the hotels side for years, the reason it's left up to the B&G is a couple will usually over estimate their bedroom needs, which is terrible for the hotels business.
    While I was in this role, I would have phoned the OP especially since the rooms were booked 6 weeks after she booked her wedding, but thats neither here or there, I might not have even been aware of it until I get the angry call from the bride.

If another party looks to book, then it's first come first served. The vast majority of couples don't want to be responsible for rooms, so they want their guests to book, if some guests are more organised than others, I don't see it as the hotels fault.
    It's a business like any other and I don't know of any business that has a policy of refusing revenue on the off chance that someone else might or might not book.

Advertisement