Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battalion 1944 (Kickstarter)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I think it's over since 6am this morning

Just received my early access code :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Out tomorrow I think? Got my key yesterday as well. Must tear myself away from Overwatch to give this a go though I'm somewhat less interested in this than I was at the time it was announced (nothing wrong with it, just the damn aforementioned Overwatch has killed my interest in everything else, on all platforms)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Streaming this at www.twitch.tv/theliber8or

I have high hopes for this game. I reckon it could be a very solid multiplayer FPS, particularly on the eSports scene.

Totally broken for me. Won't find games, crashes when I try to enter a custom match and cannot exit the game on the main menu, clicking it does nothing.

Guess I'll just have to leave it for now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Totally broken for me. Won't find games, crashes when I try to enter a custom match and cannot exit the game on the main menu, clicking it does nothing.

Guess I'll just have to leave it for now!

Really? The only issue I have had is with connecting to games via the browser. Keep trying and you should find a server.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I finally got into one game last night but still have weird issues like the 'leave game' button does nothing, and the 'exit' button does nothing on the main menu either - so I have to ctrl-alt-del my way out of the game every single time.

I know it's early access, but I'm pretty unimpressed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Performance was terrible in closed beta whats it like now?
    Also what game modes are included, considering i dont like search and destroy im hoping for more modes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Cant say I missed playing an FPS vs a Bunny Rabbit with a shotgun.

Game has some issues to work out but probably has the greatest version of an M1 Garande ever.

• Advertisement

Just wanted to bump this up, as I started playing this again yesterday out of curiosity.

They've really made it into something amazing, it's come on leaps and bounds since early access. Pretty much feels exactly like an updated COD/COD2/Allied Assault shooter. It's also incredibly scaleable, so you can deliberately make it look like COD1, or like a modern game. Would probably work on fairly potato PC's below the minimum spec for this reason.

It's great to play something so simple again - no lasers, perks, jetpacks, robots, loot boxes, special abilities, and all the rest. Just a straight up old school WW2 shooter, right down to Axis only having Axis weapons, and Allies only having Allied weapons.

It's only €20 on Steam or €15 from key sites. Well worth it, even if more for nostalgia than anything else.

They've really made it into something amazing, it's come on leaps and bounds since early access. Pretty much feels exactly like an updated COD/COD2/Allied Assault shooter. It's also incredibly scaleable, so you can deliberately make it look like COD1, or like a modern game. Would probably work on fairly potato PC's below the minimum spec for this reason.

Must give it a go again so. Seeing as I did back it for e50 :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

this is currently in the top tier of the latest Humble Bundle offer for €9

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/square-enix-collective-2020

Advertisement