Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2016 Season Discussion

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Good away win for Port against Magpies. Any chance of Power making final 8 depends on picking up away wins which have been very hard to come by last two seasons.

Sitting in 9th now and sad thing is I don't think we could beat any of the teams ahead of us.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Another poor result for West coast this morning and does nothing to detract from the flat track bully comments. A game that was up for grabs throughout, but the Bulldogs just seemed to always find a goal when they needed it. They had a number of chances to finish off the game but missed a lot and left eh door open for the Eagles. I thought there was a few questionable calls that went against the eagles early, but there was enough of the game left to discount that. McGovern was a big loss and Kennedy out of form didnt help either.

At least Freo got a win on the board!

Season may as well be over for the Eagles now. NicNat with an ACL injury ending the season for him. Massive loss. His influence is huge, only have to look at his winner against GWS last week to see what he is capable of.

The top 8 is pretty much sorted for the last while anyway, so its just places and order being played out now. I still expect Sydney to win out, and either Hawthorn or Geelong to be in the GF with them. GWS have the potential, but I think their inexperience may count against them.

Strange rumours with Hayden Ballantyne asking to go to West Coast. I'm very conflicted! Cant stand him, but I suppose I can see he is a decent player. One of those players that just winds up opposition I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭kopite davo

the way the season has gone, loads can win this.

Well first finals week down, and probably the biggest shock was the Bulldogs going and winning in Subiaco. Fantastic performance from them considering they just about fell into the finals yet the Eagles had 3 good wins. They were destroyed by the doggies though.

GWS over the Swans was another underdog win, but the Giants have had the Swans number a few times they have played so was less surprised by it. I had fancied the Swans to win it out, but they'll have to go through Geelong to do it, so would be tough.

Crows did well to take down the Roos easily, and I reckon the Swans will finish them off tomorrow.

And lastly, a fantastic game between the Hawks and Cats. What finals footy is about. When it happened, I felt that was the end of Hawthorn, but now that their path is through GWS, I would not rule them out at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Would love the Bulldogs to go on and win this.The sheer jubilation on those fans as they were winning against Hawks was a joy to watch.

Am awake now so will watch Swans/Crows game live. Although I'm a Port fan I'll be hoping the Crows wins win.

Thoughts on Bulldogs away to GWS? Winable game?

So, it's Sydney Swans v Western Bulldogs.

I would have a soft spot for Sydney, followed them a bit and saw a few of their games and was glad to see them win a couple of their latter flags (not the Leo Barry one however...).

But I sincerely hope the doggies win this one. It would be absolutely fantastic if they did and arguably the toughest ever route to win a flag with the teams they have faced and being the underdog in every one away from home (yes, I will count the Hawthorn MCG away from home!). They have played super finals footy and are fully deserving of their place. I still think the Swans will win, I fancied them from day 1, but it would be one of the best sporting results this year if the sons of the west can win.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Have only followed it in bits and pieces this year.

Was shocked when I saw the Bulldogs and GWS in the last 4. Huge improvement from GWS given all the talk when they started out. Bulldogs were near the bottom a couple of years back.

I might try to catch the game live if I get the chance.

Fantastic won for the Western Bulldogs and absolutely delighted for them. Fully deserved. Great intensity to the game. Really enjoyable final.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I woke up Saturday morning thinking I could catch the game but it was over. It was obviously on in the afternoon down there.

Great win for the bulldogs. Mad how they won having been way down the standings for the previous few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Yep. Really enjoyable final (even if it was at 5:15am!).

I think the short amount of "junk time" at the end only added to the occasion giving the Bulldogs box, bench & staff time to soak it all up.

Great gesture by Beveridge for Bob Murphy too. Not a dry eye in the house!

Advertisement