Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commercial Bin Collection Costs / Companies

Options
  • 02-02-2016 10:36am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully a straight forward Q...

Who's the best company for commercial bin collection in the Glasnevin area of Dublin?

Any idea of annual service charge / collection fees?

We had been using a couple of wheelie bins but they're not big enough for us anymore.

I'm asking because I don't want to get stuck with some cowboy operation that provide a crap service.

I'm talking about this kind of bin by the way, not sure what they're actually called... http://www.wheeliewheelieclean.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Web-Photos-048.jpg

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,615 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Not sure if this is still a live request.

They're the 1,100 litre bins. I'm presuming what you were using were the standard 240l bins so a little under 5 times the capacity in the bigger ones.

Might be worth looking at what you were putting out for collection. Some operators will give a weight per collection - most will have that capacity anyway.

It would be useful to get an idea of what waste you generate to get a handle. Some operators will offer a straight up flat fee but may also offer a smaller flat fee + a fee per kg collected. There may be savings there.

For example, a standard full 240L black bin would be about 30-35kg. A full green/recyclables bin would be about 16kg.

I have no idea who would be the cheapest but worth getting quotes from the likes of Thorntons, Panda, Key Waste, Ozo, Greyhound and Access Waste.

Advertisement