Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Election poll: how are you voting in the General Election?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭bladespin

Tobin Sf
    Lawes DDI
    Cassells FF

Voted for candidates I know, tbh was like looking at a menu in a Chinese takeaway when you want a pizza.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

- Lab
    - Green
    - FG

gave up then due to a 2 ft long ballot, the bluntest pencil in christendom & a squirming toddler in one arm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

FG
    Ind
    FF
    FF
    Ind

Crappie choice here in offaly. Went with FG as least worst option. Genuinely not one candidate that I would have picked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

josip wrote: »
    Why are FF doing so poorly in this poll, yet were in the mid 20's nationally earlier this month?
    Are FF voters less likely to be boards members?

There was a lot of guff about 'change' early on in a kind of 'sticking it to the man' way (like the way that local council elections tend to favour the opposition parties more). But this time I think people will look at what's on the table on the last day and then decide to play it safe.
    1. FF? Been there bought the T-Shirt got the shirt ripped off me back
    2. SF? They're a bit dodgy (interesting that there's so many cases popping up in the 'media' this week.)
    3. Labour? They've succumbed to the poisoned chalice of junior coalition partner (anyone remember the PD's .... or Greens?).
    4. Greens? Who?
    5. Others/Independants? They're like the random purchase you do in a filling station. An afterthought worthy of some tactical preferences.

Then you have to look at the coalition prospects.
    • FF/FG? No- Again, it'll be the poisened chalice of junior coalition partner for FF + Leaving a clear path for SF to bolster themselves as an opposition as FF and FG squabble it out over ministeries and board appointments.
    • FF/SF... Wouldn't have the numbers so it'll be a rainbow of many independants to make up the numbers + would probably cause further dissent in the FF party.
    • FG/SF? I don't know but I can;t see that happening... even if it were 'for the good of the country' and to avoid a hung dail/re-balloting.
    • FG/Independants+Some alliance part (re-nua or Soc democrats)? This is what I'm hedging my money on.

+Ya probably FF are the last party interested in social media. They're good at the 'face to face' playing-the-field-locally-machine though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

1. SF
    2. SF
    3. AAA
    4. IND
    5. WP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Dun Laoirghe

1 FG Bailey
    2 FG Mitchell-OConnor
    3 Greens Smyth
    4 Renua Cronin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭Jack Killian

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    There was a lot of guff about 'change' early on in a kind of 'sticking it to the man' way (like the way that local council elections tend to favour the opposition parties more). But this time I think people will look at what's on the table on the last day and then decide to play it safe.
    1. FF? Been there bought the T-Shirt got the shirt ripped off me back
    2. SF? They're a bit dodgy (interesting that there's so many cases popping up in the 'media' this week.)
    3. Labour? They've succumbed to the poisoned chalice of junior coalition partner (anyone remember the PD's .... or Greens?).
    4. Greens? Who?
    5. Others/Independants? They're like the random purchase you do in a filling station. An afterthought worthy of some tactical preferences.

Then you have to look at the coalition prospects.
    • FF/FG? No- Again, it'll be the poisened chalice of junior coalition partner for FF + Leaving a clear path for SF to bolster themselves as an opposition as FF and FG squabble it out over ministeries and board appointments.
    • FF/SF... Wouldn't have the numbers so it'll be a rainbow of many independants to make up the numbers + would probably cause further dissent in the FF party.
    • FG/SF? I don't know but I can;t see that happening... even if it were 'for the good of the country' and to avoid a hung dail/re-balloting.
    • FG/Independants+Some alliance part (re-nua or Soc democrats)? This is what I'm hedging my money on.

+Ya probably FF are the last party interested in social media. They're good at the 'face to face' playing-the-field-locally-machine though.

Why did your first 1-5 exclude FG and their despicable actions over the last 5 years ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

1. Green
    2. FG
    3. FG
    4. Lab
    5. Social Democrats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

1. Lab
    2. FG
    3. FG
    4. SD
    5. Greens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭sassyj

1. Lab
    2. Ind
    3. Ind
    4. Soc dem
    5. Green

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Ren2k7

josip wrote: »
    Why are FF doing so poorly in this poll, yet were in the mid 20's nationally earlier this month?
    Are FF voters less likely to be boards members?

Because Boards is Gaeler central where they like to pretend that their support nationwide is on a par with that seen here. This election has served to demolish the myth that the people are happy with FG. But also it proves that the loud and oxnoxious Gaeler cyber corps are few in numbers and have no real influence among ordinary people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

Ren2k7 wrote: »
    Because Boards is Gaeler central where they like to pretend that their support nationwide is on a par with that seen here. This election has served to demolish the myth that the people are happy with FG. But also it proves that the loud and oxnoxious Gaeler cyber corps are few in numbers and have no real influence among ordinary people.

If boards is FG country then what does that make sites like politics.ie, thejournal and the liberal who consistently had SF polling in the mid 20s and bots filling the comments section with all sorts of proGerry lunacy. FG's national result is a lot closer to this poll than SF's has been on other sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mod:

Leave the bot comments please for elsewhere, thank you.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Advertisement