Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon EOS 20D fault

• 02-02-2016 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

I’m looking to know if anyone can repair a Canon digital camera EOS 20D. Error 99 keeps coming up on it. I have taken out the battery and put it back in again but to no avail and I have been told that there are no parts available for this model anymore.
    Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Yeah, as OSI said, clean the camera and lens contacts. That is usually the cause of that error message. Might be just dirt or something on the contacts that are causing the fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ImThatGuy

I used to have this issue, I think I remember reading somewhere you can clean the contacts on the camera and the lens with a clean eraser. Obviously hold the camera above you so any debris/dust fall to the ground instead of into the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 TermoFix

It's general error code, so Fault could be anywhere. You have to disassemble and check everything. I don't believe contact cleaning helped in your case.

Advertisement