Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storing Maxi Cosi Seat in Attic

• 02-02-2016 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Quick question...

What's the best way to store our Maxi Cosi car seat in the attic? A friend of ours stored her Maxi Cosi in the attic and when she took it down 2 years later it had a lot of mold on the fabric.

Our little fella has outgrown his one, I want to store it in the attic for the next little fella/gal, but I don't want mold on it. It's in good nick, no dirt or spilt food/liquids on it. And my attic isn't damp.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Quick question...

What's the best way to store our Maxi Cosi car seat in the attic? A friend of ours stored her Maxi Cosi in the attic and when she took it down 2 years later it had a lot of mold on the fabric.

Our little fella has outgrown his one, I want to store it in the attic for the next little fella/gal, but I don't want mold on it. It's in good nick, no dirt or spilt food/liquids on it. And my attic isn't damp.

Thanks!

You can take off the fabric cover and store that in a cupboard or hotpress, and store the actual seat in the attic in a black bag? Is there issues with damp/mould in your attic anyhow? I've stores lots of things in our attic, with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bystarlight

jlm29 wrote: »
    Is there issues with damp/mould in your attic anyhow?

No, I've no issues, but just wanted to be extra sure. Thanks for your reply, good idea about storing the fabric separately! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

or take off the fabric cover and wash and dry it then put it a plastic bag in the attic along with the seat. unfortunately the mold probably grew on the old food, spit, sick, goo, dribble, milk, juice, etc that was on the seat when your friend put it away!!!!

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Gather up as much of those silicone (silica??) sachets you see in new handbags or shoeboxes and chuck a few in with the cleaned seat before sealing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

My husband is not thanking me for reading this thread!!! I just got him to climb into the attic . He took down the seat and I removed the cover. I'll keep it in the wardrobe and the seat is gone back to tye attic. Thanks for posting about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bystarlight

Thanks all!

Advertisement