Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double posting

Options
  • 02-02-2016 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭

Is there any way a bulletin can be issued informing people how very easy it is to delete a double post?

I understand it may be a current issue due to the great DDOS attack of 2016 but it has been going on years also.

'Oops, double post'. Well done, you edited that, you could have just deleted it...
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

if i could thank that twice, i would

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

It's not easy, it's a PITA to delete every time you post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Steve wrote: »
    It's not easy, it's a PITA to delete every time you post.

It's not the double post that's the issue, though that is an issue, its people who are editing to say 'double post'. It'd be quicker to delete the post than to edit the thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Agreed.

But really, the issue is it happens in the first place - thats the PITA.. :D

Agreed.

But really, the issue is it happens in the first place - thats the PITA.. :D

• Advertisement

See^^

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I found the only way I double post(yes I delete the duplicate) is if I use the quick reply box.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

if i could thank that twice, i would

Sure, you didn't even thank it once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

There seems to be much more double posting over the past couple of weeks than i ever remember before. Is there any chance there's something wrong with the site causing the double posts?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Any chance of this getting fixed? It's bloody annoying and been going on for a while now as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

This is becoming very bothersome. The speed is back to the way it was, but when a double post happens, everything slows down again, including the process of deleting it.

I should add that in the scheme of problems in my life, other than the choice of what to drink with my dinner tonight, what colour socks I should wear in the morning and the constant search for the TV remote, this is bottom on the list. Would be nice if it weren't there at all though :)

alternatively how about I subscribe again and all this madness magically disappears

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You'd think that if they can't fix it, they would just remove or disable Quick Reply.

I've found that it doesn't always happen, but when it does, it's from Quick Reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You'd think that if they can't fix it, they would just remove or disable Quick Reply.

I've found that it doesn't always happen, but when it does, it's from Quick Reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,091 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The only forum this doesn't happen to me in with frequency is feedback. weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

It's on the list folks, but it's not as high a priority as getting our email notifications working and the sign-up process repaired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

Really weird things happen when you try to edit posts as well, if you use quick reply and close the page before it double-posts.

Then when you go back to edit the single post, suddenly the edit transforms into a double post - odd glitch.

Advertisement