Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Which I would generally understand, it's just the wind didn't actually drop below 15knots for very long (not according to METAR) and it is a very quiet time of the year, Shannon had only 7 scheduled arrivals today, Knock only had 1 yesterday! Dublin seems very quiet too! No arrival queues at least for the past whilem

It is well possible that RWY16 had to close temporarily of course, or that maybe a few heavies requested RWY28 and they switched while the wind was favourable? (I've seen that happen before)

It's interesting though, I suppose it is quite easy to look at these things after and judge, you don't know what's going to happen until it happens.

You should post that last paragraph in the arrest thread, might bring a bit of decorum to the situ!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,188 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Wind just out of limits for FR8879 WMI-SNN, will continue the approach on RWY24 at Shannon, and will go around if the wind doesn't drop down.

Gust gone now I think so should be okay.

Landed.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Delboy2015

FR2359 gone around at Knock due to wind.

Landed now

Fr2359 gone around at Knock.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,168 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

N801MA currently just north of Sligo on the way in to Shannon. Embraer ERJ-170

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Just curious from listening to ATC a lot..
    When pilots are sent to hold they never seem to be given an attitude. How are they separated?

KoolKid wrote: »
    When pilots are sent to hold they never seem to be given an attitude. How are they separated?

I notice that previous to getting to the hold the first aircraft will have been told to decend to a certain altitude, say 7000ft, and be at that altitude by a certain point eg KERAV, the aircraft behind that may be cleared down to 8000ft or 9000ft, and so on, as aircraft leave the hold you often hear ATC telling an aircraft at say 9000ft decend to 8000ft etc.

There are also altitude and speed restrictions on certain flight paths and by certain paths, these aren't communicated by ATC because all aircraft scheduled to fly to that airport will have the appropriate charts (or should have).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

KoolKid wrote: »

From the data for Dublin airport, available here:
    A standard rate of descent of between 500 and 1,000 ft per min in holding patterns will be used unless otherwise
    instructed by ATC.

The holds are well published and would be easily available for an arriving aircraft to find in their charts. If the ATC officer needs something specific that is not the standard published hold, they will give this instruction instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭monkey lover

From the data for Dublin airport, available here:

The holds are well published and would be easily available for an arriving aircraft to find in their charts. If the ATC officer needs something specific that is not the standard published hold, they will give this instruction instead.

This stuff fascinates me. I've tried searching for a map with all the navigation/holding points on it to no avail, do you know if they're available publicly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

This stuff fascinates me. I've tried searching for a map with all the navigation/holding points on it to no avail, do you know if they're available publicly?

Here's the charts relating to Dublin. The IAA also do a large scale chart for Ireland, with the nav points on it, but it's paper and I don't think it's directly available online. Hopefully someone can point you to the right place to find one though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Delboy2015

FR3976 gone around in Dub a few minutes ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

EI-DAA A332 is on the way to LAX now, it took off from runway 16 earlier, considering it probably had fairly full fuel tanks do you think they offloaded some cargo? strong headwind come into play much?, full power takeoff obviously

FR669 BHX-DUB gone around, just behind the Emirates 777 that took off.

Windshear reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Razor44

FR669 BHX-DUB gone around, just behind the Emirates 777 that took off.

Windshear reported.

Ek164 went over my house....what a great noise low down.

Fr669 was hot on its heals, which made for an intestine site

• Registered Users Posts: 4,795 ✭✭✭Comhrá

an intestine site???
    :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

anyone hazard guess how long it'll stay on RW16 this morning?

TedR wrote: »
    anyone hazard guess how long it'll stay on RW16 this morning?

Not much longer, wind dropped to very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Razor44 wrote: »

Fr669 was hot on its heals, which made for an intestine site

I guess that's one way of describing the reaction of some passengers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

ops now off RWY10

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

Silk Way 747 on the way to Shannon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

de biz wrote: »
    Silk Way 747 on the way to Shannon.

Do you know what's the arrival time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

I would say around 5 hours from now.

Where did it depart from.Is she on flightrader now.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

Departed from Baku (GYD) Azerbaijan, and as I type over Bucharest now.

Search AZG7788 on Flightradar24

• Registered Users Posts: 10,168 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Cygnus Air 757 on finals for Shannon now. reg EC-FTR

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Ua107 seems to be diverting to shannon

eastmayo wrote: »
    Ua107 seems to be diverting to shannon

Going for a 10 mile final RWY06.

The inbound BA1 A318 is at 21,000ft, descending slow speed to 8,000ft, no delay expected, BA1 don't have much holding fuel until they have to divert to Dublin.

Reason for diversion was Medical.

FR6673 LPL-NOC entering the hold at Knock, RVRs below 300m the minimum needed.

FR6673 LPL-NOC entering the hold at Knock, RVRs below 300m the minimum needed.

Diverting to Shannon, that was a short hold!

• Advertisement

RVR's below 300m on RWY17 at Cork airport, EI823 CDG-ORK going around.

EI715 LHR-ORK will hold at point ROVAL.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement