Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Negative_G

jimbis wrote: »
    What's this lad up too?

2nt8u8i.png

Training I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,168 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Nice 747 currently over mayo eastbound. HZ-HM1A

Followed closely by HZ-124, A340. royal embassy of Saudi Arabia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

A321Neo just out of Shannon

Arik Air A330 inbound Dublin for a repaint. Due about 1420 or so, ARA101.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,197 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Nice 747 currently over mayo eastbound. HZ-HM1A

I have a good friend who flew that for the last 25 years until he retired at the new age of 68!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,197 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Followed closely by HZ-124, A340. royal embassy of Saudi Arabia

Not any longer, it's now operated by the Royal Fleet of Saudi Arabia.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Ryanairs newest addition EI FZE on the way in to dublin .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

Tazio wrote: »
    Someone needs to make that meeting in the US regardless of weather & flight cancellations! I have this mental image of the little plane stuffed with jerry cans of fuel and scuba oxygen tanks... :)

I'm a couple of days late but that as you've guessed it wasn't a Cirrus but was Global 5000 C-FFCD. A reg which had been used by a Cirrus SR22 ( cn 1651 ) until November 2016.

However FR24 doesn't permit filthy humans to submit change notices nowadays, as The Computer Knows Best. So it keeps showing it as the SR22...

I can only hope that Skynet is so naively programmed when it eventually takes-over the World.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Significant holding in the approaches to Dublin at the mo. Possibly due to the very gusty winds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭bikeman1

There's about 25 aircraft in the hold / approaching the hold or on the approach to Dublin at the moment?

Is this just volume or were there gusts earlier or a change of runways to cause this? Or is it simply congestion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Noxegon

bikeman1 wrote: »
    Is this just volume or were there gusts earlier or a change of runways to cause this? Or is it simply congestion?

It's the weather. I've just landed as a passenger on EK163 after about 40 mins in the hold. Extremely windy and slightly unnerving to watch the PAPIs changing colour on the forward camera when on short final!

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

What's the story with the RJ85 with the EI callsign just departing Dublin?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Incoming Stobart ATR reporting laser hitting the plane from Coolock area.

Sad behaviour considering how difficult the conditions are to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Alpha Romeo

Looks like EI105 DUB-JFK is turning back..

2uig84g.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,187 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

It's not, just the usual errors on flightradar. There's 4 flights that now appear to be doing the same thing, which from experience I can tell they're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Alpha Romeo

Ahh I see, thanks. Looks to be slowly correcting the path now as we speak.

EI3729 (SKT92C) MAN-ORK gone around on RWY35 at Cork.

Heading for RWY25 now.

FR805 STN-NOC holding at the minute.

Ryanairs latest addition inbound to Dublin, currently over Enniskillen. EI-FZF. This is the 450th next generation B737-800 delivered to the airline

• Advertisement

FR901 STN-ORK holding at Cork at 8,000ft, it's been snowing in Cork since 7:30.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    FR901 STN-ORK holding at Cork at 8,000ft, it's been snowing in Cork since 7:30.

EI841 AMS-ORK and EI3701 BHX-ORK joining now at 10,000 and 9,000ft respectively.

Looks like it's snowing again at Cork from the radar, the 10am METAR gives no snow but a chilly 0c.

EI3721 MAN-ORK joining the hold at 22,000ft. FR901 has been in the hold for nearly 30minutes already.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭paulhardman

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Looks like it's snowing again at Cork from the radar, the 10am METAR gives no snow but a chilly 0c.

EI3721 MAN-ORK joining the hold at 22,000ft. FR901 has been in the hold for nearly 30minutes already.

hmQQdBu.png

Doesn't seem to be actually snowing (I am 5km from threshold of RWY17) but it is damn cold. No-one breaking away from the hold yet...

I'd say FR901 is getting fed up, been there 40mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Buffman

From ATC, Cork finishing up clearing the runway now, just finished a braking action test. Edit: ATC just reported open again.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

AW139 circling over Ballymun for the pass 40mins. Anyone know why?

Oh not this thread too :/

It may well be possible nobody knows, although would be interesting​ to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    AW139 circling over Ballymun for the pass 40mins. Anyone know why?

Money flight into the airport and air support for the ground transport in trucks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Money flight into the airport and air support for the ground transport in trucks.

Thought those were done early in the mornings?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement